If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite tuner

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, do you have any recommendations on a freesat satellite tuner with built in recording and wifi?

The HDR1000 was recommended to me, but is there a model with built-in wifi?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Cheez, thanks for the post.

The only Freesat box that we do which has wifi on board is the Humax HDR1010.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/freesat-hdr1010/huma-freesat-hdr1010

This is a 1TB twin tuner, freesat box with wifi built in and is priced at £249.95 with delivery at £12.99.

We also offer a 5 year warranty on this box for just £24.95 should anything go wrong and if it does not, then the warranty can be claimed back as a refund up to 1 month after the end of the 5 years.

Stock on these is tight so I would need to get one on order for you if you decided on it.

Hope that helps but keep me posted if you need me for anything else.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/freesat-hdr1010/huma-freesat-hdr1010

This is a 1TB twin tuner, freesat box with wifi built in and is priced at £249.95 with delivery at £12.99.

We also offer a 5 year warranty on this box for just £24.95 should anything go wrong and if it does not, then the warranty can be claimed back as a refund up to 1 month after the end of the 5 years.

Stock on these is tight so I would need to get one on order for you if you decided on it.

ATB

Dave
    thanks Dave, if I confirmed this week what sort of time would it take to get it in stock?

Also what payment methods are available?

Also, do you still stock the version without WiFi, or is there a newer version of that model (I see a reference to the HDR2000)? Apart from the wifi is there any other difference between HDR1000 and HDR1010?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mrcheez wrote: »

ATB

Dave
    thanks Dave, if I confirmed this week what sort of time would it take to get it in stock?

Also what payment methods are available?

Also, do you still stock the version without WiFi, or is there a newer version of that model (I see a reference to the HDR2000)? Apart from the wifi is there any other difference between HDR1000 and HDR1010?
    We do have stock of the 1010 in our main warehouse in the UK so it would just be an extra couple of days - Wifi and styling are the main differences - ( the 1010 is white!) If it was me - I'd probably stock to the HDR1000s at £227 and grab a TPLink internet over mains extender - teh PA210 costs just £19.95 for a pair and will give you far more reliable and faster web access than the built in WiFi on the Humax:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/mains-power-accessories/tp-link/tl-pa210/tpli-tl-pa210kit

The HDR2000T isnt a satellite STB - its suitable from Freeview HD ( and probably for Saorview as well) - Nice machine, but not what you are looking for!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr2000t-1tb/huma-hdr2000t-1tb

On the payment front - we accept pretty much anything ;)

Cash, Cheque, Bank transfer, Credit Cards, Paypal - you name it - we'll take it ...if you would like to order please just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll ask one of the guys to give you a call to get a delivery arranged for you,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hi, two last questions and I should be able to make a decision :)

The TPLink sounds like a good idea, although the pass-through version might suit me better as I'm limited on plugs! Do you have the pass-through version in stock/on sale?

Also regarding the TPLink networking, will the TPLink network be able to connect to my PC (which is connected to the network via wifi), or does the PC have to be connected via a TPLink as well?

We have 1 of the passthrough kits left which is priced at £24.95.

The PC would have to be wired to the TPLINK although they do a wifi version called the WPA271 which is priced at £44.95.

This has the best of both worlds as it will extend the wifi (for PC) and has a hard wired connection for the Humax.

http://www.richersounds.com/search/WPA271

They work brilliantly.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

We have 1 of the passthrough kits left which is priced at £24.95.

The PC would have to be wired to the TPLINK although they do a wifi version called the WPA271 which is priced at £44.95.

This has the best of both worlds as it will extend the wifi (for PC) and has a hard wired connection for the Humax.

http://www.richersounds.com/search/WPA271

They work brilliantly.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.