Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to know.... kernkraft!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

peter kern wrote: »
    ta

I was lucky enough to swim about near the ningaloo in a couple of spots myself - incredible part of the word - I loved the isolation.

Thanks Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Enjoyabe reading so far Peter.

Why do you think that women seem to be better at dialling in their RPE and pace better than men? Is this a generalisation or do you believe it to be true?
    Have you ever considered trying to qualify for Kona as an AG'er?
    What sort of training do you do yourself? Many hours a week?
    Have you ever worked with any PRO athletes? If so, how did that go?
    What did you work at before coaching?
    Favourite movie?
    Favourite meal - all courses.
    Five dinner guests you'd like to have around?
    What would be your dream trip?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

pgibbo wrote: »
    Enjoyabe reading so far Peter.

Why do you think that women seem to be better at dialling in their RPE and pace better than men? Is this a generalisation or do you believe it to be true?
    I think it is correct to say that men go out to fast and females often to cautious.

Have you ever considered trying to qualify for Kona as an AG'er?
    only very briefly but again if i was to go there i would not go there to fill the numbers I would want to perform and for that you have to train seriously hard.dosnt really go hand in hand with my other goals. but I want to get 7 atheltes to hawaii in 3 years time and go over

What sort of training do you do yourself? Many hours a week?
    I cycle as fast as i can to work tue and thur thats about 40 min . i try to do 2 swims a week and then i run some weeks twice.when one swim is a mums and coach swim I do actually work hard and the week before the duathlon I did my first run interval session in a long time.

Have you ever worked with any PRO athletes? If so, how did that go?
    the term pro is a very difficult one for me a pro athlete is one that races at least worldcup level and has top 35 potential in hawaii. So no I have not worked with one and I was very close last year as I had somebody that could have gone there. But it was unfortunately not the right of the life for the athlete.It would have been a massive commitment But the numbers would have been there and the talent was more than proven in another sport.
    I have worked with a couple of athletes that had a pro or elite level
    card l that raced elite and worked full time I have 1or two athletes who in two years time can race pro while working.
    At the moment I restructure pb3 to prepare to accommodate more elite amateur/pro and I have taken a bit of a step backwards as there need to be a financial base. 1 year when i looked at it I made less than 7 euro an hour with those athletes you take away overheads etc etc so you need to have a foundation bellow that. But in about 3 month time I will start to scout some long term talent.
    and if somebody tells you they can work with this level of atheltes and train really hard... medicority in both is the result as it takes a huge emotional commitment.

What did you work at before coaching?
    I am totally agnostic, but believe it or not but I wanted to restore old churches ( on the continent of course as churches in ireland dodnt do it for me ;-) . That never materialized as I was not good enough and also with travelling a lot what I did was working 3-6 month really flat out as a plasterer and then travell or study

Favourite movie?
    when I watch mainly arthouse moves and small lables from all around the world. and to be honest i hardly ever rember their names, not into hollywood. Anna Katharina is one that comes to mind , a theater set in a movie set ,I think is class
    Favourite meal - all courses.
    Asian food goes with me and eating in Singapore is what I like
    Five dinner guests you'd like to have around?
    i humbold ( darwin would also do) , bill gates ,einstein, anne frank and geroge Bush junior. (as i cant figure out this guy ) hugo chavez would be another one
    What would be your dream trip?
    cycle dublin - cape town , a good while away though.

P.

see above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

i was part of the genesis video i cant dance ...so iam a realy good bad dancer

^^^ Kidding, right?? (The video thing, not the good bad dancer thing)

May I ask your place of birth, age, height, weight, color of hair and eyes?

You mentioned that you never achieved your goals....and you also mentioned that a key quality of a good athlete is to set high goals. Were your goals too high, or why did you not achieve those goals? Have you given up on those goals? And if so, when or what occurred to give up on those goals??

Where do you consider home?

So thumbs up on a Trek Speed Concept 9? Discuss. :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    ^^^ Kidding, right?? (The video thing, not the good bad dancer thing)

of course i was Kidding ;-)

May I ask your place of birth, age, height, weight, color of hair and eyes?
    for some reason i dodnt want to answer that but if you send me a pm its ok

You mentioned that you never achieved your goals....and you also mentioned that a key quality of a good athlete is to set high goals. Were your goals too high, or why did you not achieve those goals? Have you given up on those goals? And if so, when or what occurred to give up on those goals??
    good question
    yes my goals where always 1 step and more ahead. and to be fair, you could say i reached my goal I set sometimes in 1995 or so, breaking 9 hours in an ironman. Mind you, I had actualy no real Idea what triathlon was apart from having heard about roth ironman, and seen that sub 9 was a serious time back then .

when i was ready for sub 9 ( my urge to travel was always more powerful than the tri dream)
    i missed it while travelling through Australia by 3-4mim due to a silly mistake in my prep , min and the guy i am I stoped at 37 k with no real issue but the knowlege sub 9 is gone.
    but back 2005 sub 9 wasnt really serious anymore, so when i did go sub 9 my goal was not sub 9 i tried to shoot for 8.40. Was that achievable 2005 is debatable, but I seriously misplaced the bike for the first 60 k and totally cracked at 130 k .

real pro level was around 8.15 back then and there was no way i would have made that .....so i had my shot at it

If would i go back i would have my goals a little bit more realistic and enjoy ticking the boxes of improvement. the one thing i learned there is how easy it can be to get greedy. So I learned a lesson for life...
    Sorry for rambling on

Where do you consider home?
    home is dublin,

So thumbs up on a Trek Speed Concept 9? Discuss. :)
    its hard to discuss i have never seen you on a bike but overall it tests very favorable in the windtunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

This is a great read so far :)

What are your three favourite works of art, and why?

there is a artist from venzuela called jesu de soto is art is made in such a way that you have to move to understand it . its fantastic to actually watch people to move to watch it. Its very engaging
    kids get it in a second for adults it takes longer .

el boscos the garden of early delights I can spend hours looking at this pic crazy stuff given the time it was painted.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=el+bosco&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6zPqUq-DDvGv7AaKuoHIBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1276&bih=706#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Aba7t12AZJOCEM%253A%3BA7qJI9ttUdQBIM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F2.bp.blogspot.com%252F-fLyOVWIQh0c%252FTm421jXOS5I%252FAAAAAAAAApI%252Ffm8ndh9TZLI%252Fs1600%252FJardin_des_Delices_New.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fatrioiluminati.blogspot.com%252F2011%252F09%252Fsobre-el-gran-maestre-iluminista.html%3B1600%3B867

ups 3 it was looking at eduardos munchs screen in this crazy landscape of the lofoten, was stunning. When i see the pic i see 4 weeks of cycling in norway going past me feels then like yesterday.

btw I know nothing about art . I just look at it and think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hi Peter,
    I've seen you out at Seapoint swimming (or at least someone was pointed out as you), where is your favourite place to swim in Dublin? Ireland? the world?

Have you travelled much of Ireland (other than to races)?

What do you do to relax?

Can you sing?

You say Dublin is home, how do Irish people treat you, as one of their own?
    What is the most annoying thing about Ireland?

Have you watched/attended gaelic games?
    What other sports do you follow?

Have you ever punched anyone? (In a tri swim doesnt count :pac:)

What your favourite flavour of crisps? And have you come to call all crisps tayto?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hi Peter,
    I've seen you out at Seapoint swimming (or at least someone was pointed out as you), where is your favourite place to swim in Dublin? Ireland? the world?

Have you travelled much of Ireland (other than to races)?

When i was 20 i cycled 3 weeks around Ireland and i did travel quite a bit since then, and when I do tri camps around Ireland with clubs I often arrive 1 day earlier or stay one day longer to explore the area

What do you do to relax?
    this is quite embarasing I dodnt watch much tv ( well in fact i dodnt have a tv ) but every sunday i watch a german krimi called tatort (i started this a year ago ....

Can you sing?
    ;-) hopeless .

You say Dublin is home, how do Irish people treat you, as one of their own?
    its takes 2 sides to integrate.
    for some I will always be the german. for some they treat me as a person and never make the german comments. I arrive in ireland when people still turned around when they saw a black person in the street . now that was funny . the germans and the Irish have one thing incommon and that concerns the dislike of a country that always loses in the penalty shootout ;-) ;-) ( just kidding of course)

What is the most annoying thing about Ireland?
    you are way too punctual. i left grmany for that and you are still too punctual. I have more a spanish timing going.

Have you watched/attended gaelic games?
    its better if i say nothing aobut that, as I lose my mind talking about GAA. but again great cultural heritage.

What other sports do you follow?
    to be honest not as much as one would think and when i watch it i dodnt really watch the sport, i look at why they do something the way they do it and try to think what they do in training to practise that . I am not a fan i am an observer, so I dont get the exictment and i dodnt really get it that fans of 2 soccer teams hate each other. Its totally crazy in my mind they both do what they love so why the hate . the only time i got really partial when i bet on the olympic games and had my money on emma snowshill.

Have you ever punched anyone? (In a tri swim doesnt count :pac:)
    no i dodnt believe in fighting its a loss of intellect , I have once (regredably) pulled somebody backwards that was so blatantly drafting the third time i saw him while spectating a race . But deservedly I was the one to deal with the consequences.

What your favourite flavour of crisps? And have you come to call all crisps tayto?
    chease or vinegar . no re taytoo and i still call then chips very often...

btw peronally i think iam done now cheers for reading and i am glad i made somebodies turbo session more plesant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

btw peronally i think iam done now

I think not until Tuesday.:D

But I'll keep my questions short.

Do you have a driving licence?

Have you ever owned a car?

I want to get 7 atheltes to hawaii in 3 years time and go over

Have you these seven people in mind already?

• Advertisement

i have a driving license since 1993
    no never owned a car

the numbers to get to hawaii are not too hard too achieve, doing well there is .
    I just had an email of somebody that ticks many boxes what i am looking for . and i can see 8 people, i see, to go there. A squad of atletes in dublin wanting to go to hawaii and train together is in the top 3 of my priority list. the lava pb squad so to speak.
    I hope not to be rude now and its a guy I massivly respect, but i always say if Owen M can go sub 9 many can. What this guy did is amazing in my mind.

We've already established that your user name is your real name, and I'm guessing you do not have a log on here.....however, if you did have a log, and if you had to use something other than your real name as your user name, then what would your log be called, and what would your user name be? :)

i guess i would call it, it never gets easier.
    login locomotion I guess it would be , would capture me well .
    or pb3 for personal best x3 which is what the pb3 in pb3coaching stands for.
    i guess this is what life is about give your personal best and challenge yourself

at the same time i think it would be better ( not always possible ) if people use their real name, i guess the internet would be a better and less absusive place .

and the best blog title ( i have never read it) is the difficult 2nd album
    or something like that I like it. they the first milion is always the hardest but its still extremly hard to replicate success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Hi Peter,
    I know you are involved with 2 clubs but I believe for one of these you just do swim sessions. I'm interested in your involvement with T3. Do you provide structure and guidance to club members as well as coached sessions or how does it work?
    I'm curious because I think some clubs are very disjointed and only offer coached sessions from coaches who don't communicate. Do you think clubs should be investing more in co-ordinating sessions or plans for members rather than just scheduling swim, bike and run sessions without any oversight on how they all hang together based on goals and where in their season athletes are?

Hope the above makes sense.

Thanks,
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

tunney wrote: »
    You are well known for your Ferrari-esque approach to weight.

How skinny is too skinny? I have only ever heard you twice tell people "you don't need to loose any more weight"

......he told me to eat more junk.

Very interesting so far, I'll need to think of a good question;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What do you see as pros/cons for power metres/hrms etc?
    If I recall from the previous science thread that you are not really a fan of power, any particular reason why? I would have thought having more data available on Un coached sessions can only be a good thing to see how an athlete has performed?
    What happened to you in IM Malyasia with the fractured ribs? Did you go into the race with the injury or have a crash?
    What do you make of the sutton/team tbb fallout and his views that pros are sheep being led a merry dance by WTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

What's your own personal opinion on the top Irish ironman guys - they are still a long way off the top women pros times. Is there anyone you see out there that can take it down to low 8 hours

Which of Keane or Noble would be more suited to long distance

Favourite movie character

Have you done a stand alone marathon and what was your best time if yes?

Why do Germans love heavy metal so much?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hi Peter,
    I know you are involved with 2 clubs but I believe for one of these you just do swim sessions. I'm interested in your involvement with T3. Do you provide structure and guidance to club members as well as coached sessions or how does it work?
    I'm curious because I think some clubs are very disjointed and only offer coached sessions from coaches who don't communicate. Do you think clubs should be investing more in co-ordinating sessions or plans for members rather than just scheduling swim, bike and run sessions without any oversight on how they all hang together based on goals and where in their season athletes are?

Hope the above makes sense.

Thanks,
    P.
    this is a very good question which i often discuss behind the sceens.
    there is not one way to do it. I will have to think about this one to say the right things. and I cant really answer that question as frank as i would like. so here is a quick brain storm
    And to be very clear if i should say something that realy annoys somebody
    there is a lot of people that put in massive ammounts of time in for their club and hardly anybody says thank you for they work they do.
    this is a big problem.

firstly ,Coaches ( and myself)are funny creatures they all seem to think they are the best in the world, when i get athletes that have other coches to come to sessions of mine i often write a quick note to a coach. Do you think they bother to answer ... no because we all think we are the best and are offended if athelte goes to another coach, one of the notable exeptions was pete freedman,( ecxellent coach btw ) joyce s wolfe coach who would have always engaged with me what i had to say.and guess what we both learned from that. So it is a problem of us coaches that things are not joined. often we feel threadend by other coaches .

secondly,as let me use Team ttb ( as it is widely known ) which unfortunaltey no is no more what it was, it was coach driven (if you want replace it with the d spuad fine). that s why they can beat federations that have way more money to burn, but are too much driven by politicians who only think about to defend their power. the same sometimes happens in clubs.( make no mistake its tough to run a club, I am just saying where i am comming from)

third the athletes 100 atheltes 70 different opinions . 50 different life scedules ... its not easy to coordinate and the most frustrating aspect of a tri coach.

Somethimes I talk to clubs and i tell them what i think, they tell me this is fine but they dont want to make the changes, there is way too much politics going on.
    one club I did a camp with last year and a few month later I saw 5 or 6 of them at a race and they were all very excited to tell me what they had implemented.Some nice simple changes and certainly from what did hear people seemed to be happy.

where clubs often go wrong, their get one guy in for a tri talk then they do lactate testing with another group ( why they do this, if there is not structure to use the tests i dodnt understand but i guess its sexy and BS sells, hard work is much harder to sell). then they will have another talk, then the nutritionist comes in and talks about how they train and by the end people are totally confussed. A said this b that c came up with this 5 min exercise that works better than a 90 min session etc . but people dont understand the basics . they then talk aobut junk miles and believe junk miles are very slow miles when those are not junk miles and all the stuff they get side tracked with vo2 numbers which they dont even understand . they dont understand the basics .

training is about consitency and consitency, in coaching many approaches do work, but as Sutton would say stick and pick.
    Overinformation is also a problen besides communication I mean its all out there on the internet ... but everybody has to sell something and the amount of rubbish totally outweights the stuff that makes sense. but we want every 1 years something new and special ... I always say every country gets the prime minister it deserves and we atheltes also deserve all this rubbish as we demand it. to crate an illusin its not our fault that we ware slow we just havent found the right gadgets replace with any other magic glue yet
    THERE IS NO MAGIC CLUE this is the most important thing.

I hope huff and puff will take over next week as I really like what he does in Nenagh. and sligo tri club certainly does something well and so does go tri.

there is some lovely clubs around ireland !!!
    I think right now all clubs are to similar and clubs should find their niche better especially in dublin .
    ie some clubs with no coaching at all ( lets face it its not always needed as clubs can have other aspects) and some with really good coaching in small groups and some in the middle good coaching in big groups.

than their can be the big clubs where you are a number most of the times, but they can offer many sessions on the cheap with many different coaches.

their should be more clubs with really good coaching that is coordinated and yes you are right they are scare to non excistent at the same time thats going to cost to do it well.

I think the problem starts when people want great coaching for 50euro membership fee. they spend thousands on bikes and then they dont have the money to pay 50 euro more for better coaching.

this is a problem initself ( even i do get sidetracked as usual ) the biggest problem is too make triathlon more accessible for more people and especially for people from lower income groups. I know I am expensive but if somebody comes to me with a 500 euro aluminum bike and tells me they have no car as they dont have enough money but they really want to be good, I d let them in and ask them to help out with timming or other stuff. at the same time when the guy in the merceds tries to bring me down on price I ask them to move on.
    And i think clubs should have a few more free places for those not as fortunate (and with the receccion their is many people under pressure)

I hope that would answer your question a bit and i know i did dodge your question a bit.

so yes, in an ideal world their should be a head coach and I would think the head coach has to oversee at least 1 swim 1 bike 1 run session a week and gives a session outline for other coaches.and they meet every 2 weeks to discuss progress, but this is not the only way.

What do you see as pros/cons for power metres/hrms etc?
    If I recall from the previous science thread that you are not really a fan of power, any particular reason why? I would have thought having more data available on Un coached sessions can only be a good thing to see how an athlete has performed?
    What happened to you in IM Malyasia with the fractured ribs? Did you go into the race with the injury or have a crash?
    What do you make of the sutton/team tbb fallout and his views that pros are sheep being led a merry dance by WTC?

gadgets
    what i am trying to say is there is no magic glue, there is only one think and that is results and people like to forget that.
    can I use you since you ask me aobut gadgets, where is your results with your training you do ( this is not rude or mean as you train very hard and i respect that a lot but i dodnt see the results ) I tell you what i think you focus so much about the numbers that you forget to think aobut your body and your mind . ( this can be very wrong but hey its a guess)
    I am not against anything the point of that thread was to make people think that we did run quite fast beofre hr vo2 tests etc so they are the icing of the cake but not the cake
    you do see aobove that i think micheal krueger does what he does very well with power , but so do darren smith and brett sutton without power. what they all 3 do is they get results.

and yes numbers are very good and a power meter is something very objective...

Malaysia too funny some 3-4 days before the race I was thinking how pointless it is what iam doing while walking on the street and suddently i feel through a board into a hole ....

ttb
    i think it was the first reall team that managed to survive for longer that ttb did was outstanding.
    yes if pros dodnt mange to come togheter they will always be the ones to lose out.
    Wtc does what they do very well so why should they take over the work the pros should do themselves ?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

No offence taken at all, a 10:33 result does not match or reward work/effort put in but there are other circumstances as to why rather than blaming gadgets. I agree totally, results are the one and only measure. Athletes (myself included) can sometimes rely too much on numbers which can be counter productive. My question on gagdets was more coming from a coaching perspective rather than an athletes. What i mean by that is surely the more information a coach has on an athlete the more helpful it can be as long as the numbers do not completely rule or dictate training and act as an aid to improve performance. The question would need to be asked why so many top cycling coaches have switched to power based training? or why are all teams in the pro peleton now riding/training with power.
    There is no hiding place, but there are pitfalls on using it. As you say some that do and don't have equally fantastic results as coaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

When is skinny too skinny for men?

What do you think is an easily achievable standard for most, swim / bike (splits and wkg) / run (5 km, 10 km)

What do you think is a good standard for swim / bike / run?

What do you think is required to improve in each discipline per week, I've heard you mention 10 km per week for swim, how about bike and run?

Which discipline do you think benefits most from individual coaching and why?

Which disciple do you think benefits most from group coaching and why?

thank you for your reply!!!!
    i am sorry if it comes accross that i blame gadgets
    will reply to this next week. as today is tidy up day .

how many people did beat eddie merxces 1 hour record ;-) (this is pink and i will adress the good points you make )
    ta
    No offence taken at all, a 10:33 result does not match or reward work/effort put in but there are other circumstances as to why rather than blaming gadgets. I agree totally, results are the one and only measure. Athletes (myself included) can sometimes rely too much on numbers which can be counter productive. My question on gagdets was more coming from a coaching perspective rather than an athletes. What i mean by that is surely the more information a coach has on an athlete the more helpful it can be as long as the numbers do not completely rule or dictate training and act as an aid to improve performance. The question would need to be asked why so many top cycling coaches have switched to power based training? or why are all teams in the pro peleton now riding/training with power.
    There is no hiding place, but there are pitfalls on using it. As you say some that do and don't have equally fantastic results as coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Peter do you think that an athlete needs a gel during a 2hr 20min olympic, or should they be fine without it? I think I read than Chris McCormack used to race with just water for olympics.

I hope huff and puff will take over next week as I really like what he does in Nenagh.

He seems to be snowed under according to his blog, I don't think it'd be fair to ask him just now.

i answered your questions, but now let me ask you politely, how much thought did you put into this questions. Do you think there is a real answer to those questions with out asking more specific ?

all the answers i give can be right or wrong, a bit like when people say your max heart rate is 220 - age..
    it works for a lot of people for a lot of people its dosnt work at all.
    d4r3n wrote: »
    i can think of to people that are too skinny on boards so maybe it would be better we focus on getting the others closer to race weight.
    but to skinny for men is when they have to fight so hard to get this week that their abilty to train well suffers than it can become pshycoclogical and thats often means loss of performance.
    or when the power output drops to much than skinny is to skinny.

What do you think is an easily achievable standard for most, swim / bike (splits and wkg) / run (5 km, 10 km)
    easily nothing is achieved ...
    with reasonable work for many 6.30 and faster for 400 and for some 7.10 and some 15 %will never get there tri as hard as they may

watts per kilo for a triathlete not that important on a flat 40 tt course 50% can go sub 72 min 78 for females

and 70% can run sub 40 female 44 min
    dont take numbers too serious

good for what ?
    sub 6 for 400m swim sub 1 for bike an 38 min for 10k
    are numbers that represent good club level add 10 % for females

What do you think is required to improve in each discipline per week, I've heard you mention 10 km per week for swim, how about bike and run?
    3 3 3 sessions in each dicipline should improve if you are not good in one it might need 4
    overall those quetions... i always wonder what they are for as it does depend a lot on background talent etc etc . but 3 3 3 is a good start .

we all see swimming as the one that people believe in ( and to be fair often it is believe in.... as they think they get a session and thats it ...its only the start )
    with many runners one can make big improvements . when i run i cant help to look at runners and i go if you give me the chance i get you to run rather than plotting.
    I did a run session whit one athlete this morning and i am convinced that will be the most valuable session she will ever have done . i have done run sessions and i felt after that wow that did not really work ... so we dodnt know the answer.
    but simply said most world class swimmers have coaches , most world class runners have coaches and most world class cyclists have coaches so i am not sure we can say one sport benefits more from individual coaching. I guess its more that more people struggle in swimming and dodnt like it.
    coaching is much more than to make people better in a dicipline . coaching is more to make sure that people are able to actually use all they have . to improve they really have to do that themselves
    coaches facilitate but they dont make people faster the biggest things coaches often can do is to unblock the fears and self imagined limitations of athletes . Fear is the biggest problem of most good people. and maybe that might help jackyback a bit you cant messure fear with a power meter. you need to look at this in different ways.
    to perform when the pressure is on is the art of really good athletes their is many training world champs but when the gun goes off they underperfome.

eanna from base 2 race once said it as good as one can say it . if a coach makes the life of an athlete just a bit better thats already a great achivement. it dosnt always have to be swim bike and run often it can be other issues that do not allow performance and its just as imprtant to find solutions ( sometimes you just need to listen to an athelte as nobody else does )

a swimmng is what most people seem to hate most and are more willing to go
    but overall their is nt much difference. its more the character of people
    some people train best on their own so again this are all questions that have many answers
    d4r3n wrote: »

Woody_FX wrote: »
    Peter do you think that an athlete needs a gel during a 2hr 20min olympic, or should they be fine without it? I think I read than Chris McCormack used to race with just water for olympics.
    if an athelte can do this great
    most people cant.

zico10 wrote: »
    He seems to be snowed under according to his blog, I don't think it'd be fair to ask him just now.

so then it will be you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

i answered your questions, but now let me ask you politely, how much thought did you put into this questions. Do you think there is a real answer to those questions with out asking more specific ?

all the answers i give can be right or wrong, a bit like when people say your max heart rate is 220 - age..
    it works for a lot of people for a lot of people its dosnt work at all.

Thanks for writing the reply, there was no right or wrong to them, there doesn't always have to be an answer, I was more curious as to your thoughts on the subjects and your interpretation of them :)

so then it will be you ;-)

I walked into that one.

• Advertisement

Do you incorporate backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly into the swim sessions you coach, and into the sessions you do for yourself?

Advertisement