Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macklemore, Ryan Lewis & Ellie Goulding - Marlay Park - 10th July 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

I heard Danny brown got pissed off and walked off stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I live across the road from venue, I've never seen so many underage girls with denim nickers up the crack of their arses in me life...if I ever have a daughter, she's just not going out, that is IT! Plus, as it was absolutely peesing it down when I was passing, they all looked like they were in their swimsuits...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

It was a shocking gig very bad form i tought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Lots of underagers at the gig and extremely drunk adults too. Bit out of control! I have to say apart from the technical glitches it was alright, mediocre at best. Otherside acapella was nice!

On the venue itself..lovely..once you manage to get there! Complete disaster to get to from the city centre and to get back from. Would most definitely avoid all future gigs there for that reason alone. The transport is just dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Babooshka wrote: »
    I live across the road from venue, I've never seen so many underage girls with denim nickers up the crack of their arses in me life...if I ever have a daughter, she's just not going out, that is IT! Plus, as it was absolutely peesing it down when I was passing, they all looked like they were in their swimsuits...

I second that, I'm all for women showing off their nice bottoms but when it comes to 12/13yr old children there has to be a line.

I'm guessing they are all City kids following the trends but my god, every 2nd girl had their a$$ hanging out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nlk

Just wondering what the ground was like after all the rain yesterday? Heading to Arctic Monkeys on Saturday and wondering if runners will suffice?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

It was fine- a bit wet on top but firm underfoot except for one or two spots where all the traffic went into and out of the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

Make sure they're runners you're prepared to get extremely muddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

They said on the video that it was being filmed for release. Does anyone think it'll be released in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

nlk wrote: »
    Just wondering what the ground was like after all the rain yesterday? Heading to Arctic Monkeys on Saturday and wondering if runners will suffice?

Cheers

Runners will suffice, but just don't wear a pair you like. The shoes I wore were completely covered in muck, then again I was right at the barrier for the gig so.

I'm really hoping Arctic Monkeys are better (they will be). I understand the PC crashing but surely if you're performing in front of roughly 37,000 people you'd have a back up in case it does crash and can't be fixed? Anyone else think the sound was pretty poor? I was close yet it didn't sound too clear to me. Also, he only performed 10 songs and two repeated, it was great fun but pretty short.

I found the journey to and from Marlay pretty good, the journey to and from Custom House Quay took only 40 minutes at best. Journey back was far from fun because people in their mid thirties were falling around the bus, threatening to knock my friends and I out then falling down the stairs and getting sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 RichTea123

nlk wrote: »

Cheers

Heading to AM myself, girl at work who was there last night said the ground around the bar and toilets were very muddy! But standing for the gig should be okay! I'm wearing old runners that I don't intend wearing again! Enjoy the concert hopefully its a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nlk

Thanks everyone- old runners it is! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Took my missus there last night. Gig itself was fairly ****e, according to her, as he didn't play enough songs. Wouldn't be a fan myself but it did feel very short.

My personal gripe was with the bus service we booked for the end of the night. Marathon travel. They were absolutely abysmal, leaving 500 people standing for over an hour until they could get their buses into the venue and cramming everyone in so that some ended up standing for a 45 min bus journey back. Never boking with them again and it would serve the organisers of Marlay Park to review how these services are run as I'd be very reluctant to book a ticket for a gig there in future, mainly down to the travel services.

One other thing that worried me was the exit on the back right. There was a bit of a crush with people falling down and almost getting trampled due to the lack of space when 40,000 people came piling out. I've been to loads of big football matches with massive gates around Europe and never seen any issues like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Old runners will do the trick,don't be bringing wellies as some people did, somehow after the few songs they did last night and if it's released on DVD...it very short of concert footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I'm certainly not auld but honestly last nights concert was one of the messiest I have seen...never seen so many 14/15/16yr olds off their face! What is the story with the ripped denim pants up the ass look!!!

Once the rain cleared early on it was a great evening despite the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

trihead wrote: »
    I'm certainly not auld but honestly last nights concert was one of the messiest I have seen...never seen so many 14/15/16yr olds off their face! What is the story with the ripped denim pants up the ass look!!!

Once the rain cleared early on it was a great evening despite the problems.

Ha the arse would be tore off ye

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

I am getting a 6 o clock bus saturday from customs quay. What time do people reckon I will be there at. I was hoping to be there at the venue by 7 at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I am getting a 6 o clock bus saturday from customs quay. What time do people reckon I will be there at. I was hoping to be there at the venue by 7 at least

On my bus going to Macklemore we left at about 14:55 and were at the stage by 16:00 if that's any help? But I heard some people had a much worse experience, especially later in the day. I got an email regarding the shuttle buses from TicketMaster and they said "Traffic delays are inevitable please allow plenty of additional travel time at least an extra 2 hrs". I doubt it would be that but but you never know...

They also say that all buses are sold out up to 17:30 so to anyone who doesn't have a shuttle bus booked, don't chance your arm before that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

I was so annoyed with this concert last night! I have seen Macklemore in the O2 and he was amazing, great interaction and everything with the crowd but last night was just depressing!
    I understand the whole laptop issue and say fair play to him to say straight out there was a problem.
    The crowd that was there last night really pissed me off, most them were kids half dressed falling and getting sick everywhere as in walking through the crowd and puking at the same time :mad:
    For me the concert was crap cos of the crowd there, when Macklemore tried to sing Otherside in a capella they completely ignored him, started the ole chant at least 7 times during the concert which was annoying when he was trying to talk, it sucked for proper fans who were there to enjoy his music and couldn't.
    For me an outdoor venue just didn't work for him compared to the O2.
    Would love if he done an over 18's concert again!
    Sorry rant over:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Was very disappointed that the t shirts sold out so early. Anyone get a spare L/XL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I must be getting old or something as i thought Macklemore was great,really enjoyed it,he got the crowd going too,a bit dissapointed with Ellie goulding.

Advertisement