Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise refurbishment comes closer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Any photos of the refurb sets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Any photos of the refurb sets yet?

Already posted a link here back in December.

http://chrisplayfair.smugmug.com/Travel/2014-Photos/Ireland-December-2014/46120607_wj52Vt#!i=3783740550&k=bGMRgTM

There has been nothing uploaded since.

I would have thought they would return a set before removing another. As it is one set is going around with it's 1st class coach removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

I would have thought they would return a set before removing another. As it is one set is going around with it's 1st class coach removed.

I wouldn't be very happy to have booked a first class seat on a train with no first class coach

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You would be entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Anyone got any updates on the refurbs?
    When is the first refurbed train due back in service?
    Anymore photos of the new units or exact details of what to expect other than a new paint design?

• Advertisement

cargo wrote: »
    Anyone got any updates on the refurbs?
    When is the first refurbed train due back in service?
    Anymore photos of the new units or exact details of what to expect other than a new paint design?

Nobody?

It's all hush hush. There were photos of a standard coach being shunted around York Road before Christmas by 8209. The coach was in the new livery with the new Enterprise logos but it had no seats or gangways fitted. There has been nothing since then.

The first set was due to be completed last month but I expect the whole project will now take far longer than planned. The sets will basically have to be recommissioned again because of all the new work and new systems fitted to make sure the stock works with the loco's new MMI screens ect.

So far 3 locos are configured to work the sets, 206, 8208 and 8209. The other locos don't have the new systems to work the refurb sets yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

EGV was out and about at York Road at the weekend, paintwork done and Enterprise titles applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Treadhead wrote: »
    EGV was out and about at York Road at the weekend, paintwork done and Enterprise titles applied.

Some images of the EGVs and a DVT in the new livery:-

Internal pictures are not allowed AFAIK untill re-launch.

GM228

P.S. This isn't my video so hope OP on YouTube dosn't mind.

Treadhead wrote: »
    GM228 wrote: »
    Some images of the EGVs and a DVT in the new livery:-

Internal pictures are not allowed AFAIK untill re-launch.

GM228

Cheers guys. Any date on the re-launch yet?

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. Any date on the re-launch yet?

Nothing concrete but first set is more or less ready I believe.

Staff training and testing will be required before re-launch.

GM228

The first refurbished carriage entered service today when EGV 9602 was part of the unrefurbished set on the 0900 ex Central today.

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The first refurbished carriage entered service today when EGV 9602 was part of the unrefurbished set on the 0900 ex Central today.

GM228

Any idea when the full set will be back. can't believe I am saying this but I expect if IE were in charge they would of did a better job than the complete shambles NI have made of it.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Any idea when the full set will be back. can't believe I am saying this but I expect if IE were in charge they would of did a better job than the complete shambles NI have made of it.

September 21st last I heard.

IE/NIR don't do any refurbishment/overhaul work anymore and havn't for many years now, it is all contracted out, in this case CAF are the major contractor doing the refurbishment.

GM228

September 21st last I heard.

IE/NIR don't do any refurbishment/overhaul work anymore and havn't for many years now, it is all contracted out, in this case CAF are the major contractor doing the refurbishment.

GM228

They do the contracts and then decided to pick most likely the cheapest and worst contractor ever. Have they still not learned anything from the fiasco with Cork services. So will they requre a rebuild again in 4-5 years like the Mark IV's :rolleyes:

Spotted on social media that a full test set will operate tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

They do the contracts and then decided to pick most likely the cheapest and worst contractor ever. Have they still not learned anything from the fiasco with Cork services. So will they require a rebuild again in 4-5 years like the Mark IV's :rolleyes:

Problem is if they do not go with the cheapest tender then they get accused of cronyism or wasting public money. Its a no-win situation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Problem is if they do not go with the cheapest tender then they get accused of cronyism or wasting public money. Its a no-win situation really.
    let the rabel rabel brigade do their moaning. it should be whoever has the best record in relation to whatever work required by IE who should get the contract, simple as that. we need to get out of this mindset that cheepist is automatically best. neither is expensive also. thats not a dig at caf as frankly i believe the mark 4 was delivered to whatever speck they were given by IE. any other train they have built for ireland north and south has had no problems.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

From what I can see there is only 1 loco that can work a refurb set and that's 8209. I haven't seen 206 or 8209 in a while to see if they have a new socket outlet fitted to the no2 end.

I would imaged they would want more locos fully fitted out before bringing any set back into service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Fc** if you do and **ed if you don't, the great public want value for their money.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

From what I can see there is only 1 loco that can work a refurb set and that's 8209. I haven't seen 206 or 8209 in a while to see if they have a new socket outlet fitted to the no2 end.

I would imaged they would want more locos fully fitted out before bringing any set back into service.

I assume you mean 8208?

206 is in Belfast and was hooked up to the train but it was 8208 which worked the trail.

8209 was on Cork/Freight recently.

I assume you mean 8208?

206 is in Belfast and was hooked up to the train but it was 8208 which worked the trail.

8209 was on Cork/Freight recently.

Yep 8208 is what I ment. 8208 was also on freight run very recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Any 201 PP can haul the train, the MMI is a nice to have toy, it does not prevent the train from moving. Its not safety critical

Yep 8208 is what I ment. 8208 was also on freight run very recently too.

Perhaps they have delayed installing any further ones until they are sure it works on a full set running.
    Any 201 PP can haul the train, the MMI is a nice to have toy, it does not prevent the train from moving. Its not safety critical

What sort of features are on it anyway?

No the MMI will be a requirement when in passenger service.

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

Nothing concrete but first set is more or less ready I believe.

I don't think that's true given the interiors of the trial train - unless they have really gone for a spartan approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They left it a bit late on the carpets alright

Hungerford wrote: »
    I don't think that's true given the interiors of the trial train - unless they have really gone for a spartan approach.

Fitting out the interiors will only take a few days and won't happen until initial testing is complete to make it easier to trace and fix any issues with electrics or components that go wrong during the testing.

GM228

Any sign of the new carriages showing up? Are there any full set tests been run at the minute or will they go straight into service?

There is a youtube vid up since August 6th with a loco (8209) in the new colors pulling a set of old carriages. Is that a fully refurbished loco or just a spray job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Any sign of the new carriages showing up? Are there any full set tests been run at the minute or will they go straight into service?

There is a youtube vid up since August 6th with a loco (8209) in the new colors pulling a set of old carriages. Is that a fully refurbished loco or just a spray job?

there are no new carriges. the current enterprise stock is being overhauled and refurbished. i should imagine they will be tested before re-entering service

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement