Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Size

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Just wondering about the size of an office for a 4 person team

We have a small office with 3 in it and its tight and another person could possibly end up here. Its tight as it is with 3

Any guidelines as to what space entitlement is, I dont fancy someone sitting on top of me or being right there beside me whenever tryin to go to the bathroom or get to filing cabints

Thanks
    Ghogie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Hi,
    the old Civil Service office norms were 7.89 metres square per person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've seen desks in calls center that were literally the width of the keyboard and mouse and that's it. 20 to a table and 10 tables in a room. They shared desks, one shift left the next took over at the same machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Hi lads

Just wondering about the size of an office for a 4 person team

We have a small office with 3 in it and its tight and another person could possibly end up here. Its tight as it is with 3

Any guidelines as to what space entitlement is, I dont fancy someone sitting on top of me or being right there beside me whenever tryin to go to the bathroom or get to filing cabints

Thanks
    Ghogie
    HSA has some guidelines - http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Archived_Material/FAQs/Workplace_Conditions/

Advertisement