Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need information about bundle...

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    With recent price rises coming in with UPC, I'm having a look at the market to see what sort of deals are available with eircom. The one that catches my eye is the €50 'new to eircom' bundle. I have a few questions that I need to get answered.

Is the usage truly unlimited or is their a fair usage policy?
    What way does the broadband setup work? With UPC you're given a modem/router. However, I have my own router that I want to use, so do you guys just supply a modem?
    How much do you charge per additional tv point. I have three tvs in the house, so we would need a main point and two additional points.
    Is there any installation charges for all of this if I went ahead and made the switch?
    Can the TV package be changed on that bundle, so as to include more channels?

For now that's all I have.

Thanks,
    Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    With recent price rises coming in with UPC, I'm having a look at the market to see what sort of deals are available with eircom. The one that catches my eye is the €50 'new to eircom' bundle. I have a few questions that I need to get answered.

What way does the broadband setup work? With UPC you're given a modem/router. However, I have my own router that I want to use, so do you guys just supply a modem?
    How much do you charge per additional tv point. I have three tvs in the house, so we would need a main point and two additional points.
    Is there any installation charges for all of this if I went ahead and made the switch?

Thanks,
    Gav

Hi Gav

Thanks for your interest.

The unlimited bundle is completely unlimited (no fair usage policy), eircom would install a now modem for you which works wireless or wired and there are no installation charges at all.

The TV package can be changed when but it would involve purchasing more channel packs , follow here for the options on TV channel packs: https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels (the cost of multi room is also advised in this link: €6 per point)

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hi there,

Thanks,
    Gav

Hi Gav

The unlimited bundle is completely unlimited (no fair usage policy), eircom would install a now modem for you which works wireless or wired and there are no installation charges at all.

The TV package can be changed when but it would involve purchasing more channel packs , follow here for the options on TV channel packs: https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels (the cost of multi room is also advised in this link: €6 per point)

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Does you modem allow for bridging to my own personal router?

Does the €6 per additional point include the tv set top box?

Am I correct in saying that it is cable television and not satellite tv. Main reason why I won't be contacting sky (don't want a dish on the side of the house)

Cheers,
    Gav.

Hi there,

Thanks,
    Gav

Hi Gav

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Does you modem allow for bridging to my own personal router?

Does the €6 per additional point include the tv set top box?

Am I correct in saying that it is cable television and not satellite tv. Main reason why I won't be contacting sky (don't want a dish on the side of the house)

Cheers,
    Gav.
    Hi gavmcg92

Unfortunately eircom do not support modem bridging and I'm unable to offer advice on this. I can confirm that I have see cases where customers have been unable to perform modem bridging (the name of the modem is the Zyxel f100)

The €6 does include the tv set top box and yes this is cable and not satellite.

Thanks

Al

Hi gavmcg92

Unfortunately eircom do not support modem bridging and I'm unable to offer advice on this. I can confirm that I have see cases where customers have been unable to perform modem bridging (the name of the modem is the Zyxel f100)

Thanks

Al
    Perfect.

Have been notified that my bill will be increasing on March 1st with UPC, so I will be looking at my options in the near future.

Thanks for the information guys,
    Gav

Hi gavmcg92

Thanks

Al
    Perfect.

Have been notified that my bill will be increasing on March 1st with UPC, so I will be looking at my options in the near future.

Thanks for the information guys,
    Gav
    No worries Gav,

Happy to assist

Al

• Advertisement

Just wondering what cost it would be for a second evision+ box. Would it be another €10 on top of the bundle?

For my house I would need the broadband/tv/telephone bundle, multiroom box and a second evision+ box.

Apologies for all of these questions. Dealing with UPC has taught me to question everything!

Thanks guys.

Just wondering what cost it would be for a second evision+ box. Would it be another €10 on top of the bundle?

For my house I would need the broadband/tv/telephone bundle, multiroom box and a second evision+ box.

Apologies for all of these questions. Dealing with UPC has taught me to question everything!

Thanks guys.
    Hi gavmcg92

With every extra point you get you get a box and this has no installation fee of advanced/ once off fee other than being an extra €6 per month.

Thanks

Al

Thanks guys.
    Hi gavmcg92

With every extra point you get you get a box and this has no installation fee of advanced/ once off fee other than being an extra €6 per month.

Thanks

Al
    I don't think you understood my question. The box that comes with the €6 extra a month is a multiroom box that cannot record, pause or rewind tv. To put things into context. If I was to switch over to eircom, I would want the following

The €50 bundle (https://www.eircom.net/tv/bundles)
    1 multiroom box (€6 per month)
    1 additional evision+ box for another room.

How much is it per month for that last item?

Or are you saying that for €6 extra per month I can pick either a multiroom box or a evision+ box?

Thanks guys.
    Hi gavmcg92

Thanks

Al
    I don't think you understood my question. The box that comes with the €6 extra a month is a multiroom box that cannot record, pause or rewind tv. To put things into context. If I was to switch over to eircom, I would want the following

The €50 bundle (https://www.eircom.net/tv/bundles)
    1 multiroom box (€6 per month)
    1 additional evision+ box for another room.

How much is it per month for that last item?

Or are you saying that for €6 extra per month I can pick either a multiroom box or a evision+ box?
    Hi gavmcg92

Apologies, I understand what you are asking now, thanks for clarifying.

I've previously been advised that an extra main box is not available by request or purchase however I'll double check this for you and get back to you soon.

Thanks

Al

Hi gavmcg92

Apologies, I understand what you are asking now, thanks for clarifying.

I've previously been advised that an extra main box is not available by request or purchase however I'll double check this for you and get back to you soon.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Al. That's the setup we have currently with UPC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement