Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving refund cheque - name misspelled

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, im going to receive a refund cheque from Eircom, and my last name is misspelled in the cheque with couple of letters. Am i able to lodge the cheque to my bank account? Not sure if Eircoms cheques are Acc. Payee only?

Should i just try and lodge it via the lodgement machine in PTSB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

So long as it is clear who the intended payee is, there should be no problem. If you lodge over the counter, you can probably show them a covering letter with your address on it, and that should underpin your entitlement to the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks, yeah, was thinking to take a bunch of Eircom bills with the same spelling error and show them over the counter aswell to proof that im entitled to the check.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

One should be enough. I say "should" because I have less confidence in bank counter staff now than I had in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

This post has been deleted.

The bank staff check those transactions later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement