Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Oddworld game

Options
  • 28-01-2014 2:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

Which is your favorite Oddworld game.

Abe's Oddysee
    Abe's Exoddus
    Munch's oddysee
    Strangers wrath

I personally love Abe's oddysee/Exoddus just taught they were ahead of there time such great games and would love a remake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I only ever played Abe's Oddysee, but really did love it. It's one game I'd like to revisit sometime soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Abe's Oddysee was fun. Stranger's Wrath on the Xbox was very good, totally different type of game of course. They released a HD version on PC not so long ago I think. Wrath would be my choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Robert Lawlor

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Abe's Oddysee was fun. Stranger's Wrath on the Xbox was very good, totally different type of game of course. They released a HD version on PC not so long ago I think. Wrath would be my choice.

A HD version would be great defo going to look into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pretty sure it was released on Steam. Unless I'm dreaming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Which is your favorite Oddworld game.

Abe's Oddysee
    Abe's Exoddus
    Munch's oddysee
    Strangers wrath

I personally love Abe's oddysee/Exoddus just taught they were ahead of there time such great games and would love a remake.

http://www.oddworld.com/oddworldgames/new-n-tasty/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, hadn't seen that video before. The art style in the game really suits the updated visuals - that looks great.

That video looks amazing is there any release date and what consoles it will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

That video looks amazing is there any release date and what consoles it will be on.

According to the Site, spring 2014. It's coming to Sony consoles, PC and Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I loved Abes Exodus...I didnt play any of the games after that

I'll get new and tasty when it comes out but one thing about that trailer bothers me...Abes running animation looks really off...Plus it seems like they changed the voices....my message tone of abe saying Hello will be completely out of date now :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see Strangers Wrath is available on the Vita, only noticed it the other day, interesting given it was an Xbox exclusive console port back in the day.

• Advertisement

I noticed in the trailer they don't have the flip screen anymore abe just runs straight threw no more loading times which seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

I posted the vid in the top 10 platformers thread, theres an interview in there also with the 2 head honchos of Oddworld Inhabitants thats worth checking out, they're an indie deveolper now. The footage is pre alpha btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Botulism wrote: »

Seems to have a real Flashback vibe to it, but then I think it always did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stranger's Wrath I absolutely adore. Thoroughly enjoyed the original two games as a kid too, but SW was such a delight to play. That it completely remixes the pace and mechanics of the game at the halfway point is particularly impressive, and lends fresh life to a game that wasn't in any risk of wearing out its welcome anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus are my favourite games. Unfortunately though I never had up-to-date consoles to play the others. I'd love to play Stranger's Wrath, it sounds amazing.

I loved these games so much. I joined Steam in order to get Abe's Exoddus for PC. I'm very excited that there is a re-make of Oddysee in the offing. I might just have to get right into all of this again....!

Advertisement