Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4g on htc 1 and other phones awaiting software update!!

• 28-01-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Like title says , I've found put how to get 4g on my HTC 1 instead of waiting on the early February software update, did a speed test and got 20 mb download speed with three.ie. works on all phones 4g compatible and that are awaiting the update, jus wanna see if this gets noticed by people and I will post how.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just post so everyone can see

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dory1

Ok so basically you can get the app from play store, it's called "4g LTE switch" by BASEMOBI. What it does is has an enabler switch to turn on LTE only so u can get 4g before the software update in February. For those who are not technically minded , LTE is 4g. I'll post a screenshot in a few mins. Please leave feedback if it works , and any questions I will help you if stuck. Regards.

Basically click on drop down menu and select "lte" only , should work fine then , I'm having trouble uploading screenshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just downloaded it and it works fine have 4G now on my HTC one without the carrier update :)

Heres a link to the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapbase.LTEswitcher&hl=en

Cool m8, glad you got it.working speeds are insane aren't they ����, that app is so handy , what carrier are you ? Area ,speed u getting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dory1 wrote: »
    Cool m8, glad you got it.working speeds are insane aren't they ����, that app is so handy , what carrier are you ? Area ,speed u getting?

Im with three in waterford and getting 23 download and 7 upload

Happy days, no need for broadband for me anymore lol

You don't need the app, can do it directly from your keypad. Key in "*#*#4636#*#*" and can select LTE there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

You don't need the app, can do it directly from your keypad. Key in "*#*#4636#*#*" and can select LTE there...

Just tried that and unfortunately no 4G in my area yet. BTW, what should I reset it back to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adrianooo231

Reboot your htc one should do the trick

• Advertisement
Advertisement