Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rudness at the social welfare welcomes you as you walk in

Options
  • 28-01-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Today is my signing day at the Social Welfare, I'm standing in the queue just at this moment surrounded by other people having to do the same.

As I came in I asked a lady at the reception if I should queue there, she said sth like 12-2 which I didn't understant so I asked her again does it open at 2 or closes at 2.
    - all the info is in the letter you received from us.
    - Sorry I actually haven't received any letter so just wanted to check it with you.
    - I'm mean the slip you received
    - yes but there's only date of my signing day on it and not time. Can I check that with you.
    - what's your pps
    - xxxxx
    - you've been signing on since 2012 and you should know how it works by now.
    She stormed off as she said it
    I'm glad she made a point and I hope she felt better after stressing that I've been on the doll since 2012.

Well it actually pisses me off how rude they are sometimes. Is it necessary?
    I'm an asrtist, work every day, most of it for free but I'm hoping that soon enough I'll start getting paid for work as it's just unbearable sometimes being part of this horrible social welfare machine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I wouldn't stand for that. You should take your business elsewhere.

But seriously, it costs them nothing to be friendly. I suppose they know that since you're a captive audience they don't have to. It's not nice for people in that situation to have to deal with rudeness on top of everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not a Dublin City issue, not even a boards.ie issue, complain to her superior if you feel she was that rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement