Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Videos to DVD

Options
  • 28-01-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, Before i dump all my old video recordings I would like to research the possibility of having a couple of treasured ones transferred to DVD's. Can anyone advise me on this or advise where in Dublin or the South East I could get them transferred. Is it a costly process. Any advice appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

TeresaL wrote: »
    Hi, Before i dump all my old video recordings I would like to research the possibility of having a couple of treasured ones transferred to DVD's. Can anyone advise me on this or advise where in Dublin or the South East I could get them transferred. Is it a costly process. Any advice appreciated. thanks.

Had a quick search of "vhs converter ireland" on Google, and one of the first links to here quotes "from €19" per VHS tape.

I didn't shop around for cheaper.

You might be able to do it yourself, depending on what equipment you have at home and how techie you are.

If you still have a working VHS player to play them on, you could buy a simple USB device to connect up to your VHS player.
    You hit play on the video and record on the PC, and it will create a video file on your PC, which you can then burn to a DVD.

Do a search for "USB VHS TO DVD CONVERTER" on eBay and you'll find a load of results cheap devices (starting at €8.52), eg.

Sample eBay Link

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeresaL

Thank you for that. I have a video player but would I have to run each video for 3 hours on my computer. Wouldn't this be very time consuming and hard on computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

TeresaL wrote: »
    Thank you for that. I have a video player but would I have to run each video for 3 hours on my computer. Wouldn't this be very time consuming and hard on computer.

Not at all !
    I've left my laptop/desktops running for many days running various programs.

Computers are well able to run for many hours/days, as long as they're well ventilated and don't have their air vents blocked.

Most people have PC's/laptops running at least from 9am - 5:30pm continuously in an office environment.

Anyway, I thought most VHS tapes were only around 90 mins...

Advertisement