Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photo for Infant North Side

Options
  • 28-01-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to get some passport photos done for my 2.5 month old...

can anyone recommend somewhere North side that would have the skills to get an accurate picture?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

There's a photo place in Artane Castle that do passport photos. It's across from Penneys.

I'm not sure what you mean by an accurate photo??

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

face1990 wrote: »
    There's a photo place in Artane Castle that do passport photos. It's across from Penneys.

I'm not sure what you mean by an accurate photo??

I can imagine my lad will be quite squirmy while trying to get it done... someone experienced taking it may know tricks of the trade to get it done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Where are you based?
    We got our two month old done in the chemist on Main Street in Finglas village.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are quite fussy in the Passport Office as regards pictures of children. I'd check with the chemist first have they experience of doing children's passport photos. Since they use digital cameras mostly this isn't too bad, but you'll need a patient assistant and a co-operative kiddy.

See this page from Conn's cameras. You'd be surprised how many photos you can take before you fulfil all the requirements - especially the eyes one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Go to somewhere that has one of those kiosks that allow you to print photos yourself, we used Boots, as they have built in templates for passport photos. Bring your own digital camera or camera phone and hold your kid against a white wall, take the photo and check it on the kiosk. If it's no good repeat until you get it right. That's what we done with out infant at the time we were getting her a passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Go to somewhere that has one of those kiosks that allow you to print photos yourself, we used Boots, as they have built in templates for passport photos. Bring your own digital camera or camera phone and hold your kid against a white wall, take the photo and check it on the kiosk. If it's no good repeat until you get it right. That's what we done with out infant at the time we were getting her a passport.

Also what we did.

Advertisement