Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

royal canin cat food urinary so

• 28-01-2014 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Afternoon All,

The OH has been advised by her vet to get royal canin cat food urinary so for her cat. Cat has an urinary infection.

Is there an alternative out there, its bit pricey, not that we dont love the cat :rolleyes:, just want see can we get something more obtainable.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nothing really comes to mind, Hill's has a similar food but it's priced about the same. You should also not need a lot of it considering that the UTI should go away relativley quickly assuming she's got antibiotics etc. to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Our cat Riggs is on the same stuff. Had him on it for about 6 months. I forgot to go get some from the vets one day and ended up (sort of unintentionally) putting him back on the normal food we feed our other cat. Was like that for months and then he started getting really sick. Twice he was in the vets for 3-5 days on a drip, x-rays, ultrasounds, the whole thing. Cost us a fortune in bills, but having put him back on the food now since last August and there hasn't been a thing wrong with him, I think it's worth spending the money on the food.

It obviously mightn't be essential for every cat, even if the vet suggests it, but it certainly is for our fella. Wouldn't dream of putting him back on regular food now. The guilt I felt when he was lying like a rag doll in the vets for days, unbearable! I was kicking myself for not sticking to the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you compared prices online OP? Eg http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-diets-c-1030

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I found this one, http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/sanabelle/sanabelle_special_nutrition/126976#more

Its cheaper than RC http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/royal_canin_vet_diet/398638

I have no idea how comparable they are.
    I have used Zooplus once now and found it great. It takes about 4 to 5 days, very easy to use and some little extras in the box :). I used the German site though, as it worked out a good bit cheaper even with slightly higher postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When a stray tom arrived in our garden last May he had a bad urinary tract infection which we got treated, he had one more after that but since he's been here he's had Applaws dry food, which is grainfree, he hasn't had anymore infections since then. It might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement