Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me of a good VW mechanic in Dundalk?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am having huge problems with my 2008 WV Passat went to a garage and the said its clutch and said abt 2000 to fix :confused:

I am a bit on the weary side of going to them as the have taken da piss on some of the prices they charged me before....

Can any one advise me on a honest garage that wount rip me off? Please

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've found Damien Moran on the Dublin Road (opposite McManus's Tyres and Byrne's Pub) to be sound/honest and his work is good. He predominantly works with VWs and Audis but will take anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Lavertys has all the VW equipment and my dad gets everything done with his Polo there, top lads and good work and good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 27 myluck

Thanks for replays however I got a price of lavertys n there well over 1000. A couple of lads wit vw told me to go to some lad out newry road he meant to great wit vw so am getting his number tomorrow thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

myluck wrote: »
    Thanks for replays however I got a price of lavertys n there well over 1000. A couple of lads wit vw told me to go to some lad out newry road he meant to great wit vw so am getting his number tomorrow thanks

A clutch and the other parts are not cheap. Labour is also quite extensive in replacing them.

Might I suggest you PM George Dalton on here to get a rough guide price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

myluck wrote: »

Was his name Arron Murray?

• Advertisement
Advertisement