Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - IT World's Lightest Cabin Bag - Half price - €13.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭marrm

Thanks OP.

Got one in Swords. Looks good, hope it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

its a good price but that bag is a bit small.

55x40x20 is allowed on ryanair and bags that size can have up to 44 litre capacity so 25 litre is small.

for example a cabin max bag http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Backpack-Approved-55x40x20/dp/B002Q5APX4

and it weighs the same as the argos one " New Lighter weight AMAZON Verified 660 grammes "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

But the Amazon bag is not cost-effective - 2.16 times the price for 1.76 times the capacity makes it very expensive. At £20.30 it would be good value

mathepac wrote: »
    But the Amazon bag is not cost-effective - 2.16 times the price for 1.76 times the capacity makes it very expensive. At £20.30 it would be good value

i see your point but i think it makes sense to get a bag with the maximum amount of space for your carry on bag.

as you have pointed out the cabin max bag has 76 % more space.

you will have to leave a lot of stuff at home if you choose the argos bag or pay for a check in bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Its not an either or situation people you can own two bags.
    I have a 34l eastpak that I pack myself and two kids into for weekends away.
    25l is nice compact size and more than enough for me for a short trip and at 13.99 you're unlikely to find anything better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

moodrater wrote: »
    I have a 34l eastpak that I pack myself and two kids into for weekends away.

Does the wife check yous in?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

I'm OUT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

banchang wrote: »
    I'm OUT.

Okay :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

well, this isn't actually a bag, it costs twice as much, but it has exact dimensions that ryanair allows, i have it for few months now and can recommend it without any hesitation

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F2HYKQ6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

m4rkiz wrote: »
    well, this isn't actually a bag, it costs twice as much, but it has exact dimensions that ryanair allows, i have it for few months now and can recommend it without any hesitation

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F2HYKQ6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

did you not read the thread before you posted ?

i have already recommended a cabin max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Get both bags, fill the small one and put it into the bigger one, get one over on Mr. O'Leary;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

your allowded 2 carry on bags on ryanair soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

irishgeo wrote: »
    your allowded 2 carry on bags on ryanair soon

From here:
    http://www.carjet.com/blog/ryanair-new-baggage-cage-complete-with-smiley-face
    Bag no. 1 - up to 55 x 40 x 20cms (weighing up to 10kg)

Bag no. 2 - up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms

A quietly introduced part of the new rules is that the first 90 cabin bags (the bigger size ones) can be carried into the cabin. Bags after that will be placed in the hold free of charge. They were already putting this into practice from what I could see. For more information on Ryanair's baggage allowance, click here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

BA here last year: Guiney's Talbot St two ultra-lightweight COBs for €10 (€6 for one). Cheap and cheerful, but they DWISOTT.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I picked up one of these in Argos last night... but not that impressed with it.

It's smaller than expected.
    I've a cabin bag I normally use which is larger than this.

In fairness, for it's size it seems study enough, with metal carry handles and strong looking shoulder strap clips... but size is the let down.
    Also it has an inner lining/bag with seems to take a little bit of space away from it's interior too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

green123 wrote: »
    did you not read the thread before you posted ?

i have already recommended a cabin max

missed it somehow, it is just confirmation that 'great bargain hunters shop alike' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just get one of these instead

1549475_567900159966880_558530263_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

mathepac wrote: »
    But it's 2.16 times the price only once, when you buy it. Whereas it's 1.76 times the capacity every time you travel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

This might have just been included into the Argos Bargin mega thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057116666

Advertisement