Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Hairdresser in Carlow/Kilkenny Area

Options
  • 28-01-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I'm looking for a recommended ladies hairdresser in The Carlow/Kilkenny area. I have curly thick hair that I spend far too much time in trying to tame. I have tried a few and find that once I get home from the cut my hair shrinks and more has been cut than I thought or the style is totally different to what I thought I was getting when I was in the salon. I also would like somewhere that's not too pretentious or expensive, I don't mind paying for good value, I just don't want to pay to be bombarded with products etc. Please help I'm in desperate need. Thanks:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

My wife swears by the new Cocoa Hair Saloon beside Click at the Fairgreen.

Ask for the male Italian hairdresser called Catalina.

And I have no connection to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Annmarie Lawler & Tara Sheehan barbers shop up beside where Doyles of the Shamrock was is good for mens cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Cocos, as mentioned already, is nice too - Cora's a nice lady. Catalina cut my hair the other day. Its not as no frills as Annmarie Lawler & Tara Sheehan barbers shop though. If you go in there, ask for Annie.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

mojo in graiguecullen.....lovely place and always get what i want..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Zazzeo on tullow street is really good. The girls are lovely and the prices are good. Can't recommend them enough as I have similar hair an they do a great job on my mad hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Yormomma

Hi did you go to hairdressers?? What was the verdict? I am sick of going to hairdressers who haven't a notion how to cut curly hair. I had a great hairdresser in Dublin, who had curly hair herself, and she always gave me a great cut. Since moving down here I have had too many bad cuts that I have just stopped going to hairdressers :(. am in desperate need of a good cut so any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 34 VixToons

I went through something similar when I moved down and my hair is incredibly important to me!!
    best salon Iv tried I believe is called something like aj or a2 or something. its next to the church in graiguecullen and it is a salon supply store as well. they are the cheapest iv found in town and the best.
    they get what I want and are super fast. also they will properly consult with you and play with ideas and their colouring is top notch!! best blow dry as well, most hair dressers throw on the ghds but these tend to just blow dry brilliantly.
    honestly cant talk them up enough, I need to go to them soon again as its been ages!!!!
    plus you can buy top up colour from them so you can buy exactly what they use! they do other stuff too like gel nails etc etc
    great spot and iv tried almost all in Carlow!!!

Advertisement