Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Please Help* Is there any way to recover my files?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

***********FIXED***************
    Hey,

Today I discovered that my USB stick doesn't work anymore. I tried plugging it in multiple Windows computers and it didn't show up on anywhere on any of the machines. I suspect it's broken for good and maybe unrecoverable.

I have important files saved on the USB, and I need to access them. Foolishly I didn't save them on the laptop :mad:

I was just wondering, is there any way to recover them with or without the USB through Microsoft Office? I found the files I lost under "Recent files opened" on Microsoft Word but it doesn't let me open them. I know this might sound foolish and a silly question to ask, but I lost a lot of work.

Any bit of help will do. Really angry and frustrated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

UPDATE:

After twinkling around with the USB, everytime I plug it in the laptop makes a sound. Wonder if I'm getting somewhere. Still no sign of the data...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

UPDATE:

Managed to fix the usb for a few seconds, enough time to put everything on the laptop. Problem fixed :D.

Mods, you can close this thread. :)

Advertisement