Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Elimination Chamber [SS1] 2014 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Deadlie wrote: »
    despite what the bookies are saying

Bookmakers take bets on something that has a pre-determined outcome? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE are throwing away potentially thousands of subscriptions if Bryan doesn't win.

WWE have never been the smartest so I expect Orton to retain. The odds are what they are for a reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Bryan does win then we all know he wont beat Batista at WM :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I really hope Bryan doesn't win the title tonight. As much as I want him to win it. With everything that has happened since Summerslam I feel it will be an anticlimax unless it happens at Mania. If they decide against including him in the main event for Mania, a big part of me wants the WWE to hold out until Mania 31 to finally hand him the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Where are people getting the odds? Anything I've tried has nothing available right now.

You can bet on pretty much anything you can think of.

Whosthis wrote: »
    I really hope Bryan doesn't win the title tonight. As much as I want him to win it. With everything that has happened since Summerslam I feel it will be an anticlimax unless it happens at Mania. If they decide against including him in the main event for Mania, a big part of me wants the WWE to hold out until Mania 31 to finally hand him the title.

Because holding off worked so well for Samoa Joe in TNA?

When someone is hot, you give them the ball to run with it. You dont delay it for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »

When someone is hot, you give them the ball to run with it. You dont delay it for another year.

You know, I listened to JR and Austin talk about this. They said that Stone Cold started to catch fire in 1996 yet he didn't win the belt til 1998 and that fans should be equally patient with DB.

Fans and people have changed since then though. People are far less patient these days.

So yeah, give him the title and strap the rocket to him asap imo. They can't keep screwing him(and the fans by extension) forever.

Are you seriously using TNA to validate a point?

It would depend on if they can keep him hot for another year. Its quite possible, book him strongly, screw him over but don't give him the title. I think it was Dusty Rhodes talking about booking that said "the money is in the chase".

Its a long time since they've had somebody getting reactions like Bryan is and I think the only way somebody like that should really be put over is at Mania.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You know, I listened to JR and Austin talk about this. They said that Stone Cold started to catch fire in 1996 yet he didn't win the belt til 1998 and that fans should be equally patient with DB.

Fans and people have changed since then though. People are far less patient these days.

So yeah, give him the title and strap the rocket to him asap imo. They can't keep screwing him(and the fans by extension) forever.

I agree with you, but not with Austin.

Austin may have been popular in '96 alright, but it wasnt until '97 that he started to stand out as one of the most popular guys in the company. Before then, he was popular in the same way Sheamus is popular now. He gets a reaction, but nothing spectacular. At Wrestlemania 13 he turned babyface against Bret Hart. That was the start of Austin's rise. A year later he won the title when he couldnt get much hotter.

Ironically, you can label Bryan in almost the exact same way. Following the Sheamus feud in 2012, Bryan started to grow in popularity, much like Austin following his KOTR victory in 1996. Bryan's Wrestlemania 13 was towards the end of Hell No in the early part of 2013. Much like Austin, that's when he really started to grow in popularity. If it were to follow the same path again, Wrestlemania 30 would see Bryan winning the title at the height of his popularity.

If it doesnt happen then, sooner rather than later the fans will start losing interest and latch on to someone else. A few years ago CM Punk was the hottest thing in wrestling. Now he isnt even missed from the shows. That's how quickly things can change. Nothing lasts forever, especially not this level of popularity.

Are you seriously using TNA to validate a point?

Guessing this means you have no knowledge of the situation?
    It would depend on if they can keep him hot for another year. Its quite possible, book him strongly, screw him over but don't give him the title. I think it was Dusty Rhodes talking about booking that said "the money is in the chase".

Its a long time since they've had somebody getting reactions like Bryan is and I think the only way somebody like that should really be put over is at Mania.

Samoa Joe was the hottest thing going in 2006 and even 2007 but TNA wanted to wait and believed that "the money is in the chase". As such, fans lost interest by the time he eventually won the title in 2008. The money is in the pay off, not the chase. Nobody wants to pay to see their favourite wrestler screwed over for a year. They pay to see him win the big one. TNA waited too long. They got an increased buy rate but nothing compared to what it would have been a year earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeap. Wrestling, soaps, Italian football....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Where are people getting the odds? Anything I've tried has nothing available right now.

Sorry for double post, missed this.

Typically the close the markets at 11:00pm.

Sorry for double post, missed this.

Typically the close the markets at 11:00pm.

Wasnt expecting them to be open, but thought they would still show them or something. Only odds I could find were last updated at 8pm and on some site I'd never heard of.

Guessing this means you have no knowledge of the situation?

Samoa Joe was the hottest thing going in 2006 and even 2007 but TNA wanted to wait and believed that "the money is in the chase". As such, fans lost interest by the time he eventually won the title in 2008. The money is in the pay off, not the chase. Nobody wants to pay to see their favourite wrestler screwed over for a year. They pay to see him win the big one. TNA waited too long. They got an increased buy rate but nothing compared to what it would have been a year earlier.

The TNA comment was meant as a joke. I get your point but then surely if the money is in the payoff then the payoff should be at Mania. I'd love to see it happen this year but it would appear that the WWE have booked themselves into a corner with regards to the title match. I guess it all depends on what happens tonight. An alternative to Bryan winning the title at Mania is he gets screwed again tonight and Taker offers him a shot at the streak .

Wasnt expecting them to be open, but thought they would still show them or something. Only odds I could find were last updated at 8pm and on some site I'd never heard of.

Book still open with Sky bet according to odds checker. http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-elimination-chamber/wwe-title

The TNA comment was meant as a joke. I get your point but then surely if the money is in the payoff then the payoff should be at Mania. I'd love to see it happen this year but it would appear that the WWE have booked themselves into a corner with regards to the title match. I guess it all depends on what happens tonight. An alternative to Bryan winning the title at Mania is he gets screwed again tonight and Taker offers him a shot at the streak .

Wrestlemania 30 is the perfect time. He isnt going to get any popular and the only way is down. If WWE have any sense, they will fcuk the Batista vs Orton plans out the window and go with Bryan. Have Batista screw Bryan tonight then Bryan has to fight his way in to make it a three way.

Book still open with Sky bet according to odds checker. http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-elimination-chamber/wwe-title

Thank you!

Outlaws seem like the only one that isnt a sure thing. 1/100 for Batista!

Wrestlemania 30 is the perfect time. He isnt going to get any popular and the only way is down. If WWE have any sense, they will fcuk the Batista vs Orton plans out the window and go with Bryan. Have Batista screw Bryan tonight then Bryan has to fight his way in to make it a three way.

Or Batista puts his title shot on the line against Bryan and Bryan wins his spot. I seem to remember reading that Vince hates the idea of triple threats/fatal four ways headlining mania and now believes the main event should always be one on one.

Or Batista puts his title shot on the line against Bryan and Bryan wins his spot. I seem to remember reading that Vince hates the idea of triple threats/fatal four ways headlining mania and now believes the main event should always be one on one.

Batista has no reason to put it on the line though. It was obviously just be for the sake of it. I'd also guess Batista has it in his contract that he main events.

The last Wrestlemania main event three way went down pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Pre-show looks like being Rhodes Brothers (how far have they fallen?) vs Rybaxle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

The pre-show isn't a punishment slot...

That music is grating though.

Ridley wrote: »
    The pre-show isn't a punishment slot...

That music is grating though.

It's one step above not wrestling. Being on the panel would be better as you'd be on the main show a few times throughout the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Renee Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Hello Renee though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Mark Henry is hard to listen to. The Miz on the other hand, has gameshow host written all over him.

It's one step above not wrestling. Being on the panel would be better as you'd be on the main show a few times throughout the night.

It's a preview to showcase the kind of talent that will be on the PPV and convince you to buy the dang thing.

Anyone else finding themself warming to Jack Swagger alot more of late?

Ridley wrote: »
    It's a preview to showcase the kind of talent that will be on the PPV and convince you to buy the dang thing.

Nobody buys a PPV based on the Pre-show. They buy it based on the advertised card. The pre-show is there to kill time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The sound of this going over Wrestling fans heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poor Mark Henry getting fierce Sexual Chocolate chants. :pac:

Be nice if the Bellas could act like that live.

Justin Roberts is soooo bad.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaldustahhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Larry the axe, that's it rybaxel winning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Axel isn't even the most talented Hennig in the building now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

what the hell is on Ryback's outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dustin Rhodes always looks so sad. And it's not just his makeup.

Why advertise the Elimination Chamber PPV on the Elimination Chamber preshow which has the countdown to the Elimination Chamber in the corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats on the pre show?

Think the six man tag will be the opener.
    what the hell is on Ryback's outfit

Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Should be interesting to see how this Christian rumour turns out, who would replace him?, Brock?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Whats on the pre show?

Rybaxle vs Rhodes Brothers vs Lesnar and Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

sockmo wrote: »
    Should be interesting to see how this Christian rumour turns out, who would replace him?, Brock?

What Christian rumour?

Think the six man tag will be the opener.

Whereabouts?

on the entire back of it. it's an airbrushed painting of Ryback snarling while hugging some black guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rybaxle vs Rhodes Brothers vs Lesnar and Punk.

Can't believe Cody kicked out of that F5.

on the entire back of it. it's an airbrushed painting of Ryback snarling while hugging some black guy

unless its a really badly done Axel

WWE panel picks are death sentences.

Cesaro, Sheamus and Bryan. Not even a sympathy vote for Christian :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Looking forward to this,Hopefully we get a raucous crowd for a second ppv running.

I'd actually quite like Swagger to win this one. Not happening though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement