Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landlords

Options
  • 28-01-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hello my name is teddy and i have two kids and i am on rent allowance i am living in the same area 3 years but i told my landlord i am looking for a new place but i cant find a new place my neighbours are on rent allowance aswell my contract is nearly up if my landlord is taking rent allowance off my neighbours and not me does he have to give me a reason why he is not taking rent rent allowance off me any more do i have any rights to stay in the house or can he just give me a month notice and just kick me and my kids out for no reason can anyboby give me any help :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Teddy your post doesn't make much sense.
    In your first line you say that you're on rent allowance, then later on you say the landlord isn't taking rent allowance from you - which is it?

As for the notice, notice must be given as per the terms of your lease or as per the tenancy legislation. How long are you living in your current place?
    You mentioned that you told your landlord you were looking for a new place - did you give him notice that you were leaving already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

I agree that the initial post doesn't make much sense.

You need to read your lease. Whatever agreement the landlord has between themselves and your neighbour has no bearing on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As I understand it he's being paying RA to his landlord till now but for some reason the landlord has decided to no longer accept this from him, but IS still accepting it from neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What the landlord will accept from the neighbours is totally irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    As I understand it he's being paying RA to his landlord till now but for some reason the landlord has decided to no longer accept this from him, but IS still accepting it from neighbours?

maybe, my reading is lease is coming to an end, either LL informs OP lease will not be renewed, or OP gives notice. This is not clear.

OP looks around, cant find anything suitable, and decides he wants to stay. LL says, sorry, no can do, and gives the excuse he doesn't want to accept RA.

OP feels unfairly treated as LL accepts RA from other tenants. The issue has nothing to do with RA, rather what type of lease is in play, and who gave notice to who. Unless OP comes back it shall remain a mystery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement