Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can a line be down for 3 weeks? Repair our service....

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone help or explain why we have been waiting for 3 weeks for a phone line to be fixed? Or indeed why the engineer would come out to the neighbour and restore their service (after 3 weeks) and leave us still with a dead line? Great planning! Way to maximise your resourcing... WE have contacted you over the phone (mobile) several times and it is making no difference.  We are living in a small rural community and having the land line is important as mobile reception is poor.  No service for 3 week is affecting our business as customers cannot contact us so are going elsewhere!!  This is no longer an acceptable period of wait for the lines to be repaired.  If this matter isn't dealt with soon I will be taking it to the regulators and I will expect that you will compensate for our losses.  Please also bear in mind that we will NOT be paying for line rental during this period of no service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Hi Louise. That's a nice name for someone in rural Ireland. In my day every woman in the countryside was called Mary, Ann, Betty or Maura and they all looked alike and smelled of silage.  
    Customer Service Guarantee

eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows:

Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental.

The rebate refers to PSTN installation only.

Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental.

The eircom rebate refers to PSTN fault repairs only and it does not apply in the circumstances outlined below:
    Extreme weather conditions (eg storm, lightening, flooding)
    Serious damage to telecommunications equipment caused by a third party
    When a customer is unavailable to have their fault repaired in two working days
    When the customer agrees to an appointment date in excess of two working days
    If the fault is diagnosed as a non-fault (e.g. line working when tested, fault not in eircom’s network)
    Where a replacement telephone is dispatched by post
    Internal wiring and teleccommunication equipment within the customer premises or a third party property

- See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.65fzm11J.dpuf

So if the fault on your line was not caused by extreme weather, damage by a yourself/third party or a problem with your phone socket then you may be entitled to a rebate. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Can anyone help or explain why we have been waiting for 3 weeks for a phone line to be fixed? Or indeed why the engineer would come out to the neighbour and restore their service (after 3 weeks) and leave us still with a dead line? Great planning! Way to maximise your resourcing... WE have contacted you over the phone (mobile) several times and it is making no difference.  We are living in a small rural community and having the land line is important as mobile reception is poor.  No service for 3 week is affecting our business as customers cannot contact us so are going elsewhere!!  This is no longer an acceptable period of wait for the lines to be repaired.  If this matter isn't dealt with soon I will be taking it to the regulators and I will expect that you will compensate for our losses.  Please also bear in mind that we will NOT be paying for line rental during this period of no service.
    Hi Louiseerika

I'm very sorry to hear of these delays, If you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look further in to this. I can confirm that you would be entitled to a rebate and this can be arrangeed once service is restored by contacting eircom customer charter on free phone 1800400000.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louiseerika

Hi Louiseerika

I'm very sorry to hear of these delays, If you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look further in to this. I can confirm that you would be entitled to a rebate and this can be arrangeed once service is restored by contacting eircom customer charter on free phone 1800400000.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al, I will PM you the details now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louiseerika

Hi Louiseerika

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al, 

Perhaps you don't remember me but you asked me to PM my details on 29.01.14 - which I did...  Since then nothing, no reply, no call on the contact number provided and still no service on the line. 

Can you please resolve this issue or at the very least keep me informed of what the delay is?  I appreciate that eircom are very busy with the recent storms & floods but I would like eircom to appreciate that we are now in week 4 of no service. 

Awaiting your response
    Louise 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Louiseerika

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al, 

Perhaps you don't remember me but you asked me to PM my details on 29.01.14 - which I did...  Since then nothing, no reply, no call on the contact number provided and still no service on the line. 

Can you please resolve this issue or at the very least keep me informed of what the delay is?  I appreciate that eircom are very busy with the recent storms & floods but I would like eircom to appreciate that we are now in week 4 of no service. 

Awaiting your response
    Louise 
    Hi Louiseerika

I am very sorry for the delay, I had missed this post completely and I apologise for this.

Have you managed to have your line repaired yet?

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement