Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for midweek live music

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'll be going to Galway with the wife on Weds and Thurs this week. Where would you recommend for some live music?

Apologies for the lazy post, but I know the locals are the best at finding the right spots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

What kinda live music you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sindy5

Hey guys,

I'll be going to Galway with the wife on Weds and Thurs this week. Where would you recommend for some live music?

Apologies for the lazy post, but I know the locals are the best at finding the right spots.

Taffees shop st. Kings head shop street. Maybe busker browns, monroes downstairs and upstairs too. Roisin dubh, the crane bar for trad. Massimos may have a live set on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 McGc

To make a night of it I suggest you go to Quay Street. It has nice restaurants and that area has loads of pubs. Some that do live music and some that don't. The Quays always have live music, check out their website for listings! Its very popular in Galway. I guarantee you'll find something around that area that you will like.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

James Vincent MacMorrow is playing in Seapoint (salthill) on Thursday. Think there's still tickets left.

Tig Coli, The Front Door, Neachtains or Monroe's may have something on.
    Roisin Dubh has THe Converse Allstars playing http://www.roisindubh.net/gig-details.html?listingID=5214

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.thekingshead.ie/events-listing but it depends on what you want to hear.
    www.thecranebar.com often has some trad going on.

I see some stuff in the "What's On" sticky too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ceatharloch

Since you mentioned Thurs.: free live trad music Thurs. evening @ Western Hotel, see separate
    post under "Whats On"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

The Quays and Taafes are hard to beat for traditional music.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Quays and Taafes are hard to beat for traditional music.

Ahh, except by The Crane and Tig Coilis! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Thanks guys - very helpful forum here.

Advertisement