Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting 2-Bed in Charlesland

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi all. Am looking to hopefully get my house re-painted in the next couple of months (the inside, not the outside!!) Its a 2-bed mid terrace in C'land. I would ideally like to get all the rooms done in one go - so basically all the wall-space including halls, stairway etc.

So I was wondering if anyone had had this work done already and if so, what kind of ballpark figure I'd be looking at (either including or excluding the paint). I was also wondering what kind of prep you had to do beforehand vs what the painters did and how long it was before the house was liveable in again. If you'd rather not share details of the cost to all then if you could PM the info (and the painter contact details) that would be fantastic. All recommendations and tips would be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

eleMental wrote: »
    Hi all. Am looking to hopefully get my house re-painted in the next couple of months (the inside, not the outside!!) Its a 2-bed mid terrace in C'land. I would ideally like to get all the rooms done in one go - so basically all the wall-space including halls, stairway etc.

So I was wondering if anyone had had this work done already and if so, what kind of ballpark figure I'd be looking at (either including or excluding the paint). I was also wondering what kind of prep you had to do beforehand vs what the painters did and how long it was before the house was liveable in again. If you'd rather not share details of the cost to all then if you could PM the info (and the painter contact details) that would be fantastic. All recommendations and tips would be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Ceilings and woodwork too?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Ceilings and woodwork too?

My initial intention was walls only but I'd be equally interested in getting a quote that includes ceilings just to get an idea? Doors and woodwork are not so much a priority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

eleMental wrote: »
    My initial intention was walls only but I'd be equally interested in getting a quote that includes ceilings just to get an idea? Doors and woodwork are not so much a priority.

Ok, Ceilings and walls. To be honest the cost will vary a little depending on the amount of colours you wish to use on the walls. It also depends a little on the amount of furniture and stuff in general that needs to be moved around.
    If the house was empty, for example, and you wanted ceilings in white and all the walls in the same off white colour you could be looking at around €550 + Vat.
    If the house is full of furniture, pictures on the walls, curtains and blinds and pretty much anything else that will slow the painter down. Plus you would like different colours in different areas it will cost a little more. The paint you wish to use will affect the cost too. Maybe you'd like farrow & ball throughout?
    Expect to be paying €550 + vat and up. Use a painter to carry out the work as opposed to a handy man or someone that reckons they can do a cheap job for you.
    Buy cheap, buy twice is the rule.
    Hope this helps you.

Advertisement