Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moycullen bypass

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if the clearing of trees down Homefarm road has anything to do with the proposed bypass. Does anyone know the actual route its taking. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Drawings and EIS, CPO etc here. No idea whether the clearing is part of it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newtogalway

The draft programme is as follows:

1.       Advance works are currently underway and will continue through the summer of 2014. (These include site clearance, fencing and archaeology)
    2.       The road improvement works of the existing N59 into Moycullen village will be carried out as a separate contract and is programmed to commence Autumn 2014. It will be approximately a 12 month contract.
    3.       The main bypass contract will be approximately 2 years in duration and it is envisaged that this will commence early 2016.

All the works above are subject to NRA funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

I drove through Moycullen earlier and saw fencing on the east side of the town has been erected that is definitely for the bypass.
    I also read an article about funding for Connemara roads by galway cc that includes 2 million for this road.

Funding now authorised through Varadkar's office so going ahead as per timetable above

• Registered Users Posts: 39 joedomvince

Funding now authorised through Varadkar's office so going ahead as per timetable above

This is not exactly correct I'm afraid.

Bypass funding has not been granted as announced in the Dáil by Leo Varadkar on May 16th.

What he did announce is the re-alignment and improvements of the N59 on the approach to Moycullen, between Clydagh and the village. The improvements will include the widening of the road, the replacement of the existing narrow Killagoola bridge, the installation of footpaths, cycle-lanes and lighting the whole way. The blind Kylebroghlan junction will be eliminated.

I spoke to TD Sean Kyne last week and he confirmed to me that the work is to begin during the Autumn

Further reading & video regarding this matter on TD Sean Kynes website

• Advertisement

Sorry yes my mistake. Funding approved for step 2 of the draft programme and not as yet step 3. Wasn't aware of the kylebroughlan junction issue actually. We're waiting for a house on Uggool to come up for sale because it leads to a footpath currently but I hope closing it means to traffic only as having to go round to the Killagoola junction increases the walking distance dramatically.

I am struggling to interpret the Map so any help appreciated.

What will happen to Home Farm? Will the journey to the village lengthen in any way once the bypass is constructed if you live a mile in?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Wills Bros to commence construction on an online 1.4km section of the N59 on 1st December. Contract Period of 12 Months

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Which section?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 worleygirly

I bet its the section outside the local TD,s house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Which section?

The bridge at Clydagh is being realigned.

http://connachttribune.ie/work-set-start-n59-moycullen-approach-101/

Advertisement