Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months - Question about Minutes

• 28-01-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I am thinking of moving to 48 months soon, going to go with the Guido for €10.

A friend warned me that when they were over in Canada they were only allowed a certain amount of minutes per day from their mobile provider, and ended up being screwed on add on charges for exceeding the daily limit.

Can anyone verify if it is the same over here with 48,
    or are you allowed to use up the 300 mins to any network, anyway you like without daily or weekly limits of any kind?

Some of the other things they told me you need to pay for the privilege over there was scary, such as paying just to have voicemail activated and even paying to receive calls!

Thats for another thread though!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

And btw i read the plan rules page, and fair usage policy, but could not see anything about a daily or weekly limit imposed.

Would really appreciate if someone could verify my question for sure though.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

waveform wrote: »

Can anyone verify if it is the same over here with 48,
    or are you allowed to use up the 300 mins to any network, anyway you like without daily or weekly limits of any kind?

So you can use the 300 mobile minutes to any Irish network over the course of that month. There is no restriction on how many minutes from that allowance you can use per day/ week etc.

If say you blitz through your 300 minute allowance in a week you can buy an "add on" of 60 minutes for €3.00

Generally though you will know after the first month whether you should go for the €10 a month or €20 option.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation Mezcita.

We always complain of getting shafted in Ireland, but when it comes to mobile providers we actually have it good compared to Canada and possibly North America!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

How do they take your money? Is 48 working like a prepaid or a postpaid?
    Prepaid would be much safer in this case, so that they can't take extra money on hidden charges, if there's any?

Nicke011 wrote: »
    How do they take your money? Is 48 working like a prepaid or a postpaid?
    Prepaid would be much safer in this case, so that they can't take extra money on hidden charges, if there's any?

48 is prepaid only so they can't take any extra money from you.

I switched to them yesterday and so far so good, you can clearly see how many minutes and data you have left on their website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement