Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

That is because they did not want to kill anyone in full view of the public

I'd take out a year's subscription for that, especially Heather Mills :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

In post #50 I said that the future of The Jump depended on how Channel 4 felt about the fallout from this year's carnage (no other way to describe it, alas).

Well, they feel that the fallout isn't too great. In other words: there will be a fourth series next year. ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36782904/the-jump-is-coming-back-to-channel-4-for-a-fourth-season

Let's hope that it is much safer, however. Especially after Beth's accident - from which she still hasn't fully recovered... :(

I'd also like to see it go back to being daily - the weekly format this year didn't really work, though the injuries certainly didn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Jump returns on Sunday at 7.30pm with the usual mix of actually genuinely Successful Athletes, people from Reality Shows, and a few others.

This Year's Cast (subject to injury)

Sir Bradley Wiggins - Cyclist & Britain's Most Successful Olympian Ever

Spencer Matthews - Off Made in Chelsea

Lydia Bright - Off The Only Way is Essex

Caprice Bourret - Reality Show Regular, occasional Model/Presenter

Kadeena Cox - Triple Paralympics Gold Medallist

Vogue Williams - Irish TV Presenter/Model

Robbie Fowler - Ex Liverpool FC Legend. Nicknamed 'God'

Josie Gibson - Off Big Brother

Jade Jones - Double Olympic Taekwondo Gold Medallist

Louis Smith - Multiple Olympic Gymnastics Medallist

Gareth Thomas - Ex Wales and Lions Rugby Captain

Jason Robinson - Ex England Rugby Captain

Mark Dolan - TV Presenter, Comedian

Emma Parker-Bowles - Camilla's Niece

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/jump-2017-line-up-revealed-9554062

Its a programme I like, but I'm surprised Channel 4 haven't quietly dropped it. if they get any more serious injuries (or worse) the Production team will be under serious scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Hopefully it's better then last year! Was pretty boring! Am thinking will never beat the first series of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

idunno78 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's better then last year! Was pretty boring! Am thinking will never beat the first series of it!
    Cannot believe this is still (allowed to be) on the go!

Just checked wiki there - on series 2, nobody withdrew.... how on earth did that happen??!!

Looking forward to this more than I probably should - it's even better than Dancing on Ice, which was my previous maximum-carnage guilty habit :D:D

• Advertisement

While many people - including Davina - are surprised at the mere return of the show, I'm more surprised that the weekly format will be retained.

I still don't think it really worked last year - even without the many incidents, for want of an alternative word - and that the daily format used in the first two series is better. But then again, I don't work for Channel 4... :o;)

According to the tabloids and gossip sites, Josie has already injured herself, and former Miss Universe GB Amy Willerton is on standby - as is former X Factor contestant Jake Quickenden. Should he get on, he might well win - Joe McElderry and Ben Cohen both lifted the cowbell trophy after replacing other contestants... :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Vogue Williams has pulled out because of injury.

Vogue Williams has pulled out because of injury.

Busted her knee.

The aforementioned Amy Willerton will almost certainly take her place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Yea I was hoping it was on nightly was much better! Vouge was devastated to be out! I'd say she would have been good to watch on it to! I'd say the insurance is high on it!! Hopefully there isn't any bad injuries..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Bradley Wiggins also got injured, is he still in?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Bradley Wiggins also got injured, is he still in?

No, he's still in it.

I liked the exchange earlier

Vogue: "If The Jump comes back next year, I'd love to have another go ... "

Davina "It will! It will", we'll be back"

Bit of an anti-climax when Josie didn't jump, although when you are up that high sometimes every part of your mind and body is screaming at you not to jump ...

(well, that's the feeling I got the one time I did a Bungee Jump ... just about managed to complete it ... great buzz but never again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anyone watching? The women's race was hilarious!!

Dovies wrote: »
    Plumped for DWTS tonight.... this is next on tonight's viewing schedule!

Tuning in now.... I've forgotten who most of these are!!!

Apart from the rugby players..... whoever that pretty boy is in the race against them must be absolutely ****ting himself :eek:

Hah! Did Davina make a mess of her line there re the girls?

"Gold medal vs silver medal (surely meant to be spoon?) vs bronze glow"

:D

Dovies wrote: »
    I see what you mean!!!

If it's the first one you were on about, or was the second one even better? :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I see what you mean!!!

If it's the first one you were on about, or was the second one even better? :D

No the first one. Brilliant.

Tuning in now.... I've forgotten who most of these are!!!

Apart from the rugby players..... whoever that pretty boy is in the race against them must be absolutely ****ting himself :eek:

What's his name from made in Chelsea!

De de dun dun, dun dun ... another one bites the dust

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38952922
    Five-time Olympic champion Sir Bradley Wiggins has quit TV winter sports show The Jump after breaking his leg.
    The former Tour de France winner said he was "gutted" after sustaining a "small leg fracture" while taking part in snowcross training.
    Channel 4 said Sir Bradley had been keen to continue but would not appear after the fourth show in the series.

That's weird, he said he had a "leg injury"when he was speaking to Davina last night but he didn't give the impression that it was too serious.

The first reports that he had pulled out were published hours after yesterday's show.

Bradley Wiggins really is an arrogant so and so!!

• Advertisement

What's it doing on so early this week???

Have managed to miss both this AND the dancing by falling asleep earlier.... have to play catch up on both.... doing the dancing first :D

I know this is all about the snow and the action and the competition and the carnage......

but how the **** does Davina do her lines with that yowling yodeller in her left ear :confused:

That alone deserves a prize!

Gawd, they haven't even done the first race yet and the carnage rate is at mega :eek:

I know this is all about the snow and the action and the competition and the carnage......

but how the **** does Davina do her lines with that yowling yodeller in her left ear :confused:

That alone deserves a prize!

Davina is one of the best in the business for Live Television (or Television pretending to be Live, not too sure with this show!)

Mad Yoke Yodelling in your ear, no bother for Davina - but under similar circumstances Elvis wasn't able to keep a straight face! :)

Anyone tuned in tonight?

Hoping Kadeena goes tonight, I'm sick of listening to her at this stage. Is that very bad of me?

What's happened to Caprice? They're being very cagey with the details of why/where she's gone to!

Anyone tuned in tonight?

Hoping Kadeena goes tonight, I'm sick of listening to her at this stage. Is that very bad of me?

What's happened to Caprice? They're being very cagey with the details of why/where she's gone to!

I watched it earlier, although I'm not as interested in it since it became apparent it was filmed weeks ago (with Bradley Wiggins and his accident)
    The model suffered an accident in training when she ended up hitting a safety air bag.

"I did something to my ribs on the airbag, but that's coming up a little bit now. You'll be hearing about that," Caprice told the Daily Express newspaper.

She revealed: "It takes about four to five weeks [to heal]. When I breathe in, it hurts so much."

However Caprice added: "But, it's going to be fine. It really isn't a big deal."

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-jump/303737-jump-2017-caprice-bourret-opens-injury-quitting-show.html

Skid X wrote: »
    I watched it earlier, although I'm not as interested in it since it became apparent it was filmed weeks ago (with Bradley Wiggins and his accident)

I can't imagine how it would be possible to run a show like this actually live! They'd all be trapped up the mountains for weeks on end!!!

Hmmm, they gave details of the injuries of all the others who had to pull out.... strange that they're so coy about hers! I wonder......

Gareth Thomas dropped out for 'Personal Reasons' ... he managed to overcome those issues to do Rugby Punditry on ITV yesterday!

Good final episode, the final Jump was competitive and they all made decent efforts.

As others have said, it if returns hopefully Channel 4 will revert to the daily format.

• Advertisement

Have to admit, I didn't enjoy this series as much as the previous three... :o

And, by the looks of things, nor did many others - with viewing figures falling by nearly a million between the first episode and the final (whereas last year they only fell by just over half a million, despite the carnage).

Making the show safer was undoubtedly a good thing - but, IMHO, they made it a bit too safe. :o While obviously no-one wants to see a celebrity seriously injured or even killed on air, that still didn't mean that virtually the entire series had to be pre-recorded, or that the celebs had to be put up in a hotel rather than a villa or chalet. I honestly believe that making the jumps and events less dangerous was the only thing they had to do... :o

Pre-recording the series also resulted in confusion as to whether or not Wiggins and Caprice had really withdrawn. And, of course, it all meant that the weekly format worked even less successfully than it did last year... :o

Should the show return in 2018 - and, once again, I wouldn't be tremendously surprised if it did - then reverting to the daily format is a must. And there should be more of a live element, too - even if that does mean that the risk of injuries is increased. (Hey, no matter how safe you make this show, it's probably not possible to eliminate this risk completely...) :o;)

Advertisement