Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Route - Newbridge to Citywest

Options
  • 28-01-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Sorry probably been done loads of times but any hidden routes rather than m7 as if there is an accident its just a nightmare. Probably not but said I would check! Thanks a million rolleyes.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You can do a route through Saggart through Rathcoole village and down some back roads that bring you out near the dump in Kill. From there you can go back to the M7 or carry on on back roads that bring you out near Punchestown race course. Very twisty bendy narrow roads almost all the way.

You could also take the n81 from Tallaght towards Blessington and turn off and go through Dunlavin-Kilcullen-Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

It would have to be seriously bad to make it worthwhile but I suppose you could go via Kilteel or Sallins/Newcastle general directions.Youd need to get the map out/online to work out exact routes and some roads might be very narrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Deedee22

Thanks Ken will check that out. Always good to have a back up plan. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Well as 2011abc says, the delays would have to be horrendous to go these routes. There slow enough as is but if you meet anything slow you are really stuck. From Rathcoole to Kill on the back road there is one 200 metre straight to pass anything and it really is balls to the wall narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Deedee22

Thanks for replies. Yes seems to be best to stick to m7 and leave myself more time to get there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement