Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sid7

My GP retired and he sent my chart to my new GP. My new GP was chosen by me. It was closer to my new home. Iv'e never heard of anyone just getting moved without consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

AFAIK they've split that practise ....The practise was oversubscribed I'd guess. The waiting times were very long.

GP's in general could do with a better system of scheduling patients, as it makes no sense for someone going in for 15 mins, should have to wait behind patients going in for 40 mins. They should make a appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

beauf wrote: »
    AFAIK they've split that practise with medical holders going to a new GP non medical holders going to the other doc in the existing practise. That 2nd doc may also move to a new location. The practise was oversubscribed I'd guess. The waiting times were very long. I heard that you can request to move back after a certain time. But as with all things its probably a changing situation.

GP's in general could do with a better system of scheduling patients, as it makes no sense for someone going in for 15 mins, should have to wait behind patients going in for 40 mins. They should make a appointments.

The parents are both on a medical card and they didn’t move them. Then we all think because they are older they didn’t move them.

I was saying that to doctor Gosha (can’t spell or pronounce her name properly) and she said she is going to do an appointment system. Herself down in Navan goes to a medical centre and its worlds apart, she couldn’t believe I went to a house and then just sat and waited till my turn.

Obviously my information was wrong, or has changed. As our experience was the exact opposite of yours. So I've edited my comment to remove that. I don't have a clue what they are doing, or why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

beauf wrote: »
    Obviously my information was wrong, or has changed. As our experience was the exact opposite of yours. So I've edited my comment to remove that. I don't have a clue what they are doing, or why.

Ah cool no worries,its very strange whats going on.

Not to sound like we are special,but we have been using that doctor over thirty years,you would think they wouldn't move people who are using her that long. Last in,first out and all that.

• Advertisement

Same 30yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Could anyone recommend a female doctor in the Ongar/Blanchardstown/Clonsilla area?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ClubDead wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a female doctor in the Ongar/Blanchardstown/Clonsilla area?

Dr Sarah O'Connell, Huntstown Medical Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

ClubDead wrote: »

Dr Casey in Littlepace (dr peters) She is very nice. Not sure if the catchment spreads to Ongar.
    There was a good female doc in the meridian I won't attempt to write her name as I couldn't spell it but overall I wouldn't recommend the meridian to anyone. I changed due to a bad experience with them. Basically they couldn't fit my 2 and a half year old (at the time) daughter in until the following Wednesday! It was a bank holiday Friday, she had symptoms of meningitis so I ended up going to my mam's gp in ballyfermot, who is appointment only, and she fit my daughter in. Thankfully it turned out to be a very severe case of strep throat. I was going to go to the gp in Clonee or littlepace but the surgeries were closed. I did complain to meridian through work as they used them corporately and I did get an apology of sorts from the secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tuathanach

Seeing that it seems I'm not the only one with this impression of Meridian - I thought I would share a bit from my own experience!

<SNIP>
    Tuathanach, you've already posted this experience on this thread and made your opinion of the Meridian very clear. I don't see the need to post it again.

</SNIP>

• Advertisement
Advertisement