Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line or broadband for 4 days and no communication.

Options
  • 28-01-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, 
    My phone line and broadband have been down (no dial tone at all), since Saturday. My neighbours seem to have the same problem. I'm in Knocknagin, Balbriggan. I've logged the fault by phone and through the fault logging service on your website. Apart from an acknowledgement email I've had no communication from Eircom at all. Can someone please get in touch and tell me what the hell is going on? I work from home a lot so this is a serious problem for me. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kcools wrote: »
    Hi, 
    My phone line and broadband have been down (no dial tone at all), since Saturday. My neighbours seem to have the same problem. I'm in Knocknagin, Balbriggan. I've logged the fault by phone and through the fault logging service on your website. Apart from an acknowledgement email I've had no communication from Eircom at all. Can someone please get in touch and tell me what the hell is going on? I work from home a lot so this is a serious problem for me. 
    Hi kcools

I'm very sorry to hear of this, the average resolution timeframe for line faults can be up to four working days however if you would like to PM me your landline number I'll see if I can offer an update on this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Don't know if it was due to my posting here yesterday but today I was contacted, an engineer sent out and my service restored. Still have Stone Age broadband speeds but that's another story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Don't know if it was due to my posting here yesterday but today I was contacted, an engineer sent out and my service restored. Still have Stone Age broadband speeds but that's another story!
    Hi kcools

Glad to see the service is restored.

If you would like your speed issues to be looked in to Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 (after entering your landline number when asked by the recorded message please specifically chose option 3 and then option 2 when prompted) or alternatively you can reach them on webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Hi kcools

If you would like your speed issues to be looked in to Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 (after entering your landline number when asked by the recorded message please specifically chose option 3 and then option 2 when prompted) or alternatively you can reach them on webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al

And I'm down again. No BB, no phone. And not had any storm type weather in my area today so just wondering if the fix last time was a bit of gaffer tape bodge job. Have pm'd you my details Alan. Need to get this sorted once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi kcools

Thanks

Al

And I'm down again. No BB, no phone. And not had any storm type weather in my area today so just wondering if the fix last time was a bit of gaffer tape bodge job. Have pm'd you my details Alan. Need to get this sorted once and for all.
    Hi kcools
    I can see tech has been out and all seems to have been resolved there now. Let us know if any further issue.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Foxxer1980

Eircom resolving a customers fault......Screen shot this everyone. Any chance we can get this guy down to inch st laurence exchange in Limerick because they have been trying to fix something there for over a month. Its really amazing that when you post that you're issue is resolved you can get a reply almost instantly and sometimes multiple replies but when they can't sort it out they just ignore you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Foxxer1980 wrote: »
    Eircom resolving a customers fault......Screen shot this everyone. Any chance we can get this guy down to inch st laurence exchange in Limerick because they have been trying to fix something there for over a month. Its really amazing that when you post that you're issue is resolved you can get a reply almost instantly and sometimes multiple replies but when they can't sort it out they just ignore you.
    Hi Foxxer1980
    I can understand your frustration but we certainly do not ignore any issue posted to this forum by our customers. We have replied to your posts and I have posted an update to your last post here yesterday. Even our stats on response rate show that we respond to a high number of posts. Those not replied to are either multiple posts on same issue, multiple posters on same issue or where we have advised we are seeking a response to raised issue.
    Yes there is delays in resolving some line / broadband faults around the country and this is due to ongoing bad weather conditions. In some parts of the country there is a delay of up to four weeks, as you said.
    we are currently dealing with approximately 10,000 reported faults, there are700 crews working Nationwide to restore service and on Average we get approximately 2,000 Faults Repaired Daily.

We are working as fast as possible to get this backlog resolved.

Given the time-frame of your own issue, I have asked for any available priority to be given there, but do not have a set time frame at present.
    As soon as we have this I will post you.
    Tony

Advertisement