Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adblock

Options
  • 28-01-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

I have adblock installed on google chrome and it used to work but lately the flippin ads are back on both YT and for instance the tv3 player and the rte one also.I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but the ads are still,there.I am pulling my hair out because of it and it messes up the whole viewing of it. :(Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Did you check if it's enabled?

Try using 'adblock plus'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Adblock plus from google play,the old ad block does not receive updates anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

degsie wrote: »
    Did you check if it's enabled?

Try using 'adblock plus'.

Tried that as well, still nothing.
    Adblock plus from google play,the old ad block does not receive updates anymore.

Can that be installed on a laptop? Is that not only a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

jimmyw wrote: »
    Tried that as well, still nothing.

Yes it can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

use firefox it has some ad blockers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Go to your Adblock settings (Click on the red icon in Chrome / Firefox) and check the filter settings. Sometimes it may go blank which will allow all sorts of pop-ups through so you just set it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

jimmyw wrote: »

Yes actually the one im using is called adblock plus for chrome,its available on the adblocks website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

Make sure you are logged in to Chrome. Seems to happen regularly, when passwords get reset, forgotten, or someone/thing has cleared your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I have tried some of the things suggested here and there are still ads on.I went over to firefox and tried to install adblock plus, but it says it is not compatible with firefox 15.0.1 ( I assume that is the version I have?).I have added adblock plus as an add-on and it seems to have stopped the ads, but I'll see in time.Thanks peeps.

Advertisement