Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censored in AH.

Options
  • 29-01-2014 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057134153&page=51

I've been banned from AH. Censored in effect. Quite a few posters were asking the same question over and over in an effort to put me off, derail the thread or make the thread so long and difficult to follow that people would not read it.

This a simple form of harassment or bullying. Popular on internet forums which discuss emotive topics like the one in the linked thread. I expected moderators to see that this is happening and to put a stop to it. I have asked a couple of poster to stop and to please move on to the next step in the debate. They refused. And of course they would refuse. That's the tactic they were employing.

Blocking, acting dumb, reposting stuff that was already answered, derailing, personal abuse and finally censorship.

Boards people, don't sink to their level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi

A Cmod will review as soon as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

This is taking a very long time. I don't imagine deciding whether to censor me or not should take this long.

Heres some light reading while your at it...

soapboxing removed - admin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Phill,

You were told by a moderator not to post in the thread again, and given reasons for same. If you disagreed with this, you should have PM'ed the mod.

Instead, you posted on the thread again having been told not to, and argued with the mod on-thread (which is also against the rules).

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin to review this if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Phill,

You were told by a moderator not to post in the thread again, and given reasons for same. If you disagreed with this, you should have PM'ed the mod.

Instead, you posted on the thread again having been told not to, and argued with the mod on-thread (which is also against the rules).

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin to review this if you wish.

I did PM the mod. And thats besides the point!

The issue is one of censorship. A kind of censorship you seem more than happy to push. I would appreciate if you would stay out of this matter as you clearly posses an extraordinary bias against me and my posts on threads generally on Boards.

If there is an unbiased CMod or Admin fit to the task please re direct them here.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You ignored a moderator instruction, and argued with that instruction on thread. These are the facts of the matter, which you haven't disputed.

Instead, you've talked about "harassment" and "bullying", accusing moderators and category moderators alike of "censorship" and "extraordinary bias".

This site has rules. You agreed to those rules when you signed up. You don't get to exempt yourself unilaterally from them just because you feel victimised by people disagreeing with you. And you most certainly don't get to accuse our volunteers of pushing censorship and being biased against you.

As I said, you haven't actually disputed the facts of the ban, so I'm upholding it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement