Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Kevin's Hospital Shanakiel Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

The red building was St Kevin's, the grey building Our Lady's. Both asylums. You'll see a lot of the inside on abandonedireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

hi people i am curious on seen this building can i walk into the place or do i need to seek premision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Bulin wrote: »
    hi people i am curious on seen this building can i walk into the place or do i need to seek premision

That place is like a mine field. Still doesn't stop people though. The grounds are accessible but the building itself isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You can just walk in most of the time. Must take a wonder up the back as there are a few more buildings out there... The place is huge

Milly33 wrote: »
    You can just walk in most of the time. Must take a wonder up the back as there are a few more buildings out there... The place is huge

Were some of the buildings up the back not knocked???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was chatting to someone recently and they said no there were some still there

Milly33 wrote: »
    I was chatting to someone recently and they said no there were some still there

Some buildings definitely were knocked. If you look through the railings on the St Anne's side you'll see a few buildings were knocks. More like prefabs they were though.

Advertisement