Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering for the Giro

• 29-01-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Just been emailed by CI link

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I believe they've been inundated with volunteers in the North, but they started asking for people to come forward some time ago. It's a bit different in the South though where all CI are currently saying they will be making an announcement shortly. Anyway, if they don't pull their finger out I'll be pre-booked ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

For anyone who wants the details for NI:
    We have received many emails from clubs regarding members wishing to volunteer for marshalling duties at the Giro d'Italia in May.

Some clubs had well over the three volunteers which we had originally asked for and found it hard to select the three. As I result I have been in consultation with Volunteer Now who will be delivering the marshall training in conjunction with Cycling Ulster.

It has been agreed to allow an increase in the allocation and to extend the deadline until this Friday 31st January.

If you would like to volunteer at this year's Giro d'Italia please email me at marianlamb@cyclingulster.com as soon as possible and I will provide information on how to apply.

Volunteers must be able to commit to up to three half day training sessions which will be delivered by Volunteer Now.One of these will be specific marshall training. Volunteers must also be able to commit to be available to marshall on one of the three days of the Giro. Training dates and venues will be flexible to suit people from all over the country.

Marian Lamb

Advertisement