Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does an employer have to give you proof you worked there?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I left a job earlier this month on bad terms with my employer (long story, I won't go into detail here). Thankfully I am in a new job now (started yesterday) who accepted references from an employer from 2011. The job I left earlier this month obviously refuse to provide me a reference, but I was wondering is there anything in law that states they must provide proof I worked there like a written statement just stating start date/end date? The only proof I have of the 2 years I worked there is P60's and P45's. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Jonkenji wrote: »
    I left a job earlier this month on bad terms with my employer (long story, I won't go into detail here). Thankfully I am in a new job now (started yesterday) who accepted references from an employer from 2011. The job I left earlier this month obviously refuse to provide me a reference, but I was wondering is there anything in law that states they must provide proof I worked there like a written statement just stating start date/end date? The only proof I have of the 2 years I worked there is P60's and P45's. Thanks.

No. They have to give you your P45 and any monies owed to you and that's it.
    Regarding a reference, that would be a different matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Advertisement