Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey to help figure out my pricing and services

Options
  • 29-01-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've posted a few times here and I'm finally getting a handle on my business plan. I have created a short survey to try and see if the whole idea is viable/ at what cost margins. It's a personalised biography service (eg doing interviews with people, transcribing their interviews and turning them into narratives and printing them in an heirloom book). I have 5 years experience working in this kind of area but there's no company like this in Ireland- so I need to figure out why!!

I'd really REALLY appreciate any feedback.

I hope I can post it here, I've seen other people do similar, so... apologies to mods if I can't!

Anyway, here's the survey:

http://bit.ly/1b0CGFv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It might be an idea to show a link to an actual example of where this has been done in another country and what the end product might look and siize like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for the input. I wasn't 100% sure about the ethics of linking to another service for illustration purposes tbh. As i'm only starting out planning I don't have any samples made up yet- there's no point if they numbers aren't adding up, you know?

Thanks though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There should be no issue if you put up a linky to it as a reference.. it is not as if your are trying to benefit from the link but it would help to showcase the idea and generate some informed responses for your survey. The moderators on here are generally very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Q6 prevents me from completing the survey, sorry

There should be no issue if you put up a linky to it as a reference.. it is not as if your are trying to benefit from the link but it would help to showcase the idea and generate some informed responses for your survey. The moderators on here are generally very helpful.

Ok, well if it's ok with the mods, then here is a similar business in the US

http://www.lifehistorybooks.com/

In the UK

http://www.boundbiographies.com/

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Q6 prevents me from completing the survey, sorry

Oh. Is it a glitch on the site or for personal reasons? (obviously you don't have to tell me what they are!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

none of the answers suit me, q4 and q6 offers different answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would imagine its because firstly all your questions are required and secondly most don't consider the fact someone might not want to use the service. You asking in the first two and I can say no but you aren't gathering any feedback on why not. Your survey will therefore only give you answers that are positive for the most part.

For example I can say I am not interested in one of the earlier questions but question 6 then assumes I am interested and requires me to answer.

Good point!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've now made some of the questions optional, and added in an !i am not interested in this product" answer for others.

Really appreciate the feedback!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Completed it. Good luck definitely something I think has a place its almost like This Is Your Life normal people edition!!

Advertisement