Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey people!
    I'm an arts student and have fallen in love with English. (I think I would love history too)
    So I am just wondering, can I change my course or is it too late?
    I'm first year, just started semester 2.
    I think I would love English and history more than arts.
    Can I change and if I can, would my grant be messed up?
    Also, what would happen with the semester 1 that I would have missed, by not being in that course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Find out who your advisor is and talk to them about it. I remember someone in my year changed from a language course to New Media and English. It was because she took English as one of her languages and enough of our modules overlapped. You might actally have the same modules depending on what you took. So if you talk to your advisor and course director, they may be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

I think you should also check the points from Sept 2013 for Hist/Eng and any specific entry req. www.ul.ie/courses

• Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

Hi I'm a first year Arts student in NUIG and I would actually love to transfer to English and History in UL but I'm not sure if its even possible! I have enough points for it, it was actually my 2nd choice, I didn't put it as my first because I thought if I do arts at least if I end up hating english and history I don't have to keep them on for second year! Has anyone ever transferred from a different college to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha_Statue

I've heard of people transferring colleges so it's possible. May depend on what the relationship between the two colleges and two courses is. You'd have to ask your course/department head to get a better idea of how realistic it would be. Though they may just tell you to contact the Student Academic Administration or the department/course head in the college you want to transfer to.

Advertisement