Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very strong winds developing south, east; storm watch late Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

Howlin wind and rain in Killarney, hopefully will moderate later on

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Reports are coming in of flooding now from AA. I wonder did slight delay in winds mean limited coastal damage or was it just that everyone was in bed & it was dark?

https://mobile.twitter.com/aaroadwatch/tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

windy enough here in cork, but nothing like the chirstmas and new year storms and where's the snow?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Pic of the docks in Galway via Galway Council

http://ow.ly/i/4sHUi/original

By the way, for those people wondering where the M6 buoy is, it was recently picked up by the Celtic Explorer:

http://cotf5.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

As the storm is expected to peak later this morning and early this afternoon the potential for damage maybe higher than the St Stephen's night storm. This is especially for the southern half of the country. Winds of really picked up in the last hour outside Limerick City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

At blackrock diving board alone. Wild. Some flooding and lots rocks thrown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

G'morning felliw Boardsies,

Wild and wet here in West Limerick as I listen from my bed.

No reports of costal flooding in Kerry where a sea defence was breeched previously. Tepsirs seem to have held. Phew! Reported to be very windy in Kerry, as several posters have also reported.

Further update from West Limerick as I hit the road soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh here we go. wind picking up in cork. all we need now is thunder and lightening and snow.

now asking for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

@countykerry: N86 Tralee-Dingle Road now passable at Blennerville as flooding has receded.

m.twitter.com/countykerry

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Quays in Limerick City flooded. Winds have picked up! Getting wild!

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulBT8/status/429537682994515968/photo/1

• Advertisement

West Limerick.

wind 34km/h sustsined.
    gust 47km/h.

Driving rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Picking up in North Kildare. Pressure dropping significantly. (968) My anemometer seems to have packed it in so can't get reading but I reckon 30km/hr ish.

Saw this on Twitter. Thought it hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Mid-Kerry
    Very windy here, was very difficult to stay upright when out in the wind earlier.
    According to my weather station ( anemometer is not located quite as high as it should be)

Max Wind Gust 58.7kmh at 05:43

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Nothing in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

MACE HEAD GALWAY(A) W 41 Gust 63 MOD. DRIZZLE 7 92 0.6 961

Gust of 63knots that's 116km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

If the storm tracks horizontally, and perhaps ever do slightly north, I'll be within kilometres of the eye if yesterdays charts are accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Flooding in Salthill and Spanish Arch has generally dissipated. Usual Salthill catchment areas are flooded e.g. football fields, green area at top of Grattan Road, Road/park beside Leiurseland, and road outside Galway Bay Hotel.

Prom, from seapoint roundabout to diving boards is closed, seaweed and minor debris. Very windy now.

Leisureland escaped flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It seems to be in line with model predictions so far this morning, more a gale than a storm so far. Hopefully the lack of reports of coastal flooding is a good sign though a lot of reports last time only emerged later so we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Has anyone got a new chart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Fairly windy and rainy here in Clare. Reports of flooding and powercuts outside of Ennis. Not sure know if I should go meet up in town with friends or not. Thinking of going to gym too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Still very intense wind here in Limerick city - not just gusts but strong overall with particularly severe gusts! Watching straight hedges just waving around madly and entire mature trees swaying!

Must be almost three hours of this wind at this stage?

Plenty of rain too.

EDIT: Just stepped up even as I posted, really hear the pressure on the windows!

In the West Limerick / Co. Kerry area, anyone who doesn't need to be out driving for anything other than emergency or profess reasons stay off the roads for another few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Winds picking up here in Waterford City with a current average of 26km/h gusting to 65km/h.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxlive.php

Have they died down everywhere in Waterford or just here? We're just outside Waterford City and it's quite calm here.
    Hoping for some action as the day progresses.
    Gone very cold over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Limerick Dock Road, Centra shop:
    1654657_734036363274675_1373111608_n.jpg?oh=d574d5514cb4d7686785596463c7dce2&oe=52EE388F&__gda__=1391384244_abf08a7038dc3cab0417558974caf927

Apparently came up over 5 min at about 07.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

and:
    Limerick City, road outside the Locke Bar:
    1800407_716788595011536_1308763891_n.jpg

After the wind woke me up after ~3 hours of sleep, I'm heading back to bed.

Castletroy Limerick: Very wind, but not to Stephen's Day levels - house isn't moving as much. Wet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Got caught out by ninja snow last night, 1 inch in 20 mins. :)
    No sign of any storm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Harps wrote: »
    It seems to be in line with model predictions so far this morning, more a gale than a storm so far. Hopefully the lack of reports of coastal flooding is a good sign though a lot of reports last time only emerged later so we'll see

I have an awful feeling they are just delayed again. I heard from friends that in some parts of Limerick City the water levels were much worse this morning than earlier in than the month.

I just can't imagine how horrible it would be to have your house flooded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

Tactical wrote: »
    In the West Limerick / Co. Kerry area, anyone who doesn't need to be out driving for anything other than emergency or profess reasons stay off the roads for another few hours.

Very violent wind gusts here in Killarney, trees rocking, building shaking/ vibrating, very grey overcast, visibility down to 2.5 miles I'd say, one of those days where'd you say not much point in getting out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

ABC101 wrote: »
    Very violent wind gusts here in Killarney, trees rocking, building shaking/ vibrating, very grey overcast, visibility down to 2.5 miles I'd say, one of those days where'd you say not much point in getting out of bed.

Not to bad over here here tbh ...pretty gusty but have experienced worse this winter already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Have they died down everywhere in Waterford or just here? We're just outside Waterford City and it's quite calm here.
    Hoping for some action as the day progresses.
    Gone very cold over night.

No it is relatively calm here with an average speed of 20km/h gusting to 40km/h. I was expecting a lot different conditions this morning to what we are getting.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement