Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very strong winds developing south, east; storm watch late Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

in carlow and winds can defo be heard inside the house over music playing from the laptob headin out with dog now to see hw bad it is

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Winds really picking up in Tipperary.

Could anyone tell me what things are expected to be like in Blackrock, Dublin for the upcoming days?

Similar to Dun Laoighaire!

Basically windy, wet & windy, wet, windy, very windy & wet

One's to watch out for are tonight's wind followed by lots of rain tomorrow, storm coming in overnight tuesday & around for most of Wed & another potentially big storm coming in on Sat. In between the wind & rain there might be some pleasant periods otherwise known as the calm before the many storms

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

6am tomorrow morning :

14020306_0218.gif

6pm Tuesday evening :

14020418_0218.gif

Sustained winds looking to be around 5mph stronger Tuesday evening for southern parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The next one to watch then is towards next Saturday.

A few alarming ensembles.

gens-13-1-132.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Where does Saturdays storm look likely to hit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

A lot of gusts in Limerick city now, neighbours gates rattling and trees swaying. You can hear the constant howling of the wind from inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some nice strong gusts in Castlebar in the last half hour, nothing sustained yet though, but its getting wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Very strong winds here now much stronger than yesterday ! We are by the sea and that wind is very strong

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The stormiest feel of the year so far i would say. Wind howling down the chimney. Regular gusts to 60km/h and a Max gust year high of 80km/h recorded in the last 15 mins. I feel when the rain arrives this will ramp up even further.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The stormiest feel of the year so far i would say. Wind howling down the chimney. Regular gusts to 60km/h and a Max gust year high of 80km/h recorded in the last 15 mins. I feel when the rain arrives this will ramp up even further.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Will be interesting to see what you record around 5-7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Not looking forward to flying early in the morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

After getting very windy here in Kerry the last hour, 10 min avg 43 km/h SSE, gusting over 60 km/h and heavy rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Will be interesting to see what you record around 5-7am.

Yes Maq very interesting. Still another 5 to 6 hours before peak wind speeds here. I just had a feeling earlier this evening the way the wind picked up so rapidly so early that this was going to be different from the norm in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wind unbelievable here in cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

House shaking with the gusts...kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    Wind increasing in dublin now. Slates on the roof starting to flap in the wind.

Update: Slates about to blow off, roof is shaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

How far north is this expected to track?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

It's interesting to read the other reports. I'm in south dublin 850ft on an exposed NE facing slope. Feeling very little at the moment! Much windier for me last night. I can hear some wind in the distance but my house isn't creaking as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Shocking windy night in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Very stormy in galway tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

V bad in kilkenny. The noise down the chimney is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gusts in Castlebar now more sustained, but to be honest with what we have had the last few weeks it does not seem that bad, we are used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Seems a bit gusty in Cork City. It woke me up! That or it's burglars...

Hopefully just the wind blowing the garden furniture around!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Winds are now the strongest tonight so far with a more constant battering rather than gusts. Because wind direction is different it sounds unfamiliar to other recent events.. East Galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

West Limerick.

Almost 5 hours since my last update and there has been no let up in conditions. Its still very windy with strong gusts. The rain hasn't stopped either.

I'm very curious what I'm going to find when I have to head out in a few minutes. Will update when I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Esb powercheck site shows Castletownbere having a fault with 730 customers affected. Fault occurring around 2am.

Brief update West Limerick.

Its nasty out here guys n gals. Nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Not one even remotely very windy station on the 3am report. Has everything died down now or is it just that people on here just can't report on the weather without exaggerating plenty?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement