Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cockroaches in new apartment in Sydney

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

pete4130 wrote: »
    I stand corrected. It's not fish oil.

Seems its a common enough myth

http://wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JohnC83

We didn't have major cockroach problems, just the odd one here and there. We got a deal on groupon for pest control for about 80 dollars before Xmas and we have not had 1 since. He sprayed the 2 balconies and all the rooms in a 2 bedroom unit.
    Other than that as most people have said use either the Mortein Bombs or the spray and keep the place clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Mortein bombs can be got in Coles and woolies defo, usually on the same aisle as the petfood, bin bags etc.

Our landlord refused to do anything, its impossible to prevent them but in my case it was getting serious and the house was spotlessly clean, I actually went into overdrive with bleach to the point of being semi OCD i was so horrified by them. His response made me feel like he thought I was being silly like Irish people just aren't used to a couple of cockroaches in the house - but I know it wasnt over reacting when I found 2 massive ones in my bedroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If the house was spotlessly cleaned, and the place sprayed. Then there was little else you can do, except deal with them on arrival.

Advertisement