Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iona vs Panti

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    [...] your attitude will lead to cards and bans, so tone down the hysterical rhetoric or I'll be reaching for my clue stick.
    ne0ica wrote: »
    Is that so. Hadn't noticed any lesbian feminists on TV lately. Even Zappone. There's no room when you have queens like panti and Norris and middle class fag hag bores like bacik
    Yellow-carded for that. If you can't keep your nasty attitude to yourself, your next card will be red. Or you will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Yea, noting annoys me more than watching poorly dressed people on TV. you should get fashion advice from a gay man.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Jordi who made my beautiful linen shirt is gong to be very surprised to learn he is not gay...and very annoyed that some under bridge dweller on the internet is so devoid of basic debating skills that the best he can come up with is to accuse someone he hasn't seen of being badly dressed.

Let's recap your 'points' so far:

Gay people won't like a drag Queen being their spokesperson.
    Shot Down.

But Lesbians won't like a man dressed as a women representing them.
    Shot Down.

But Drag demeans women and Feminists don't like that.
    Shot Down.

No Lesbian Feminist would approve of Drag Kings.
    Shot Down.

But what about Transsexuals - Lesbian Feminists don't like them.
    Shot Down.

Queens, Hags and the Bourgeois something something don't like 'em.

Shot Down.

Bannasidhe was badly dressed on a TV show she can't have been on because I haven't seen any Lesbian Feminists on TV but even if she was on it she must have been badly dressed as she wasn't wearing a frock
    Cue laughter...

Perhaps you should get debating advice from a gay man.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭ne0ica

Yellow-carded for that. If you can't keep your nasty attitude to yourself, your next card will be red. Or you will be banned.

I thought the whole point of this tread was free speech.

I thought the whole point of this tread was free speech.
    You can post pretty much what you like here, so long as it's in line with the forum charter. Which you might like to read before continuing to post here.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Jordi who made my beautiful linen shirt is gong to be very surprised to learn he is not gay...and very annoyed that some under bridge dweller on the internet is so devoid of basic debating skills that the best he can come up with is to accuse someone he hasn't seen of being badly dressed.

Let's recap your 'points' so far:

Gay people won't like a drag Queen being their spokesperson.
    Shot Down.

But Lesbians won't like a man dressed as a women representing them.
    Shot Down.

But Drag demeans women and Feminists don't like that.
    Shot Down.

No Lesbian Feminist would approve of Drag Kings.
    Shot Down.

But what about Transsexuals - Lesbian Feminists don't like them.
    Shot Down.

Queens, Hags and the Bourgeois something something don't like 'em.

Shot Down.

Bannasidhe was badly dressed on a TV show she can't have been on because I haven't seen any Lesbian Feminists on TV but even if she was on it she must have been badly dressed as she wasn't wearing a frock
    Cue laughter...

Perhaps you should get debating advice from a gay man.

Looks like somebody around here has issues. Anyway the liberal fascists around here are trying to crush my free speech. Surprised you had to run off to the man.

You can post pretty much what you like here, so long as it's in line with the forum charter. Which you might like to read before continuing to post here.

Look at the amount of posts here where posters are rude and hostile to me. Equality works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Look at the amount of posts here where posters are rude and hostile to me. Equality works both ways.

Thus far we have you spouting unsupported venom, avoiding any questions raised and garnering the rather predictable response.

Nodin wrote: »
    Thus far we have you spouting unsupported venom, avoiding any questions raised and garnering the rather predictable response.

We've replaced the dogma of Catholic Ireland with modern day liberal fascism. I thought we were supposed to be celebrating diversity.

We've replaced the dogma of Catholic Ireland with modern day liberal fascism. I thought we were supposed to be celebrating diversity.

You might explain to me how your fairly hate filled monomania with a bar owner and performer "celebrates diversity".

Looks like somebody around here has issues. Anyway the liberal fascists around here are trying to crush my free speech. Surprised you had to run off to the man.

There was a man in my shower???? :eek: I hope he was wearing a nice feminine bathing suit.

Cos that is the only place I ran off too.... I smell minty fresh now. In a butch drag king way obviously.

But pookie has de bad liberal fascists (might ask that gay man to explain the term oxymoron when you are having those debating lessons) been telling you dat oo cannot call people nasty names? Jeeze - I'm not surprised you are cross -it's usually de fundie Catlicks who complain about that sort of thing in a 'I can say what I like but how veh dare anyone call me on it' kinda way - you know, the way you are doing it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

says the poster that referred to a drag artist as a 'freak'.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Liberal fascism has to be the stupidest oxymoron I've seen the right wing come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MsStroggatrix

The tiresome free speech means you can't criticize me dragged out again.

There are consequences and responsibilities to free speech:

* You can say whatever the hell you like.
    * Others can say whatever the hell they like back - including that they don't like what you said.
    * Inciting riot, violence or hatred will probably get you in trouble for disturbing the peace - Note that you were not, however, stopped from doing so, therefore you had your free speech still.

There was a man in my shower???? :eek: I hope he was wearing a nice feminine bathing suit.

Cos that is the only place I ran off too.... I smell minty fresh now. In a butch drag king way obviously.

But pookie has de bad liberal fascists (might ask that gay man to explain the term oxymoron when you are having those debating lessons) been telling you dat oo cannot call people nasty names? Jeeze - I'm not surprised you are cross -it's usually de fundie Catlicks who complain about that sort of thing in a 'I can say what I like but how veh dare anyone call me on it' kinda way - you know, the way you are doing it...

Can you rephrase that in English please

Would you care to answer my question?

How does your fairly hate filled monomania with a bar owner and performer 'celebrate diversity'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Panti isn't even a good looking woman.

Would you be ok with Panti if you found her more attractive? :confused:

Mr_A wrote: »
    Would you be ok with Panti if you found her more attractive? :confused:

Yes. Too be honest white men in drag look ridiculous.

Would you care to answer my question?

How does your fairly hate filled monomania with a bar owner and performer 'celebrate diversity'?

Guess that's makes me a minority. I demand my rights too.

Yes. Too be honest white men in drag look ridiculous.

very shallow to dismiss an opinion because you're not attracted to the speaker.

• Advertisement

I can. I can even use punctuation if that will aid you.

I did not 'run to the man' - I went for a shower. I don't care enough about you or your opinion to be offended by you.

Also, the 'man' (his name is Robin) is perfectly capable of reading your posts and deciding if they infringe the Forum charter all by himself. You had already been warned by 'the man' but appear to have neglected to understand that this warning would result in 'the man' keeping a close eye on you.

But hey - blame the gay who has been known to do drag if it makes you feel better.

Liberal Fascist is an oxymoron. One cannot be liberal and fascist.

This is a privately owned site with rules and regulations which you agreed to abide by - those tasked with enforcing those rules (I am not one of those happy few) decided you were guilty of being naughty and punished you. You then complained that you were being silenced - I made an observation thank I have smelled that deja poo before, usually from fundamental Roman Catholics who seem to believe that can say what they like about others but how very dare anyone respond in kind.

I can. I can even use punctuation if that will aid you.

I did not 'run to the man' - I went for a shower. I don't care enough about you or your opinion to be offended by you.

Also, the 'man' (his name is Robin) is perfectly capable of reading your posts and deciding if they infringe the Forum charter all by himself. You had already been warned by 'the man' but appear to have neglected to understand that this warning would result in 'the man' keeping a close eye on you.

But hey - blame the gay who has been known to do drag if it makes you feel better.

Liberal Fascist is an oxymoron. One cannot be liberal and fascist.

This is a privately owned site with rules and regulations which you agreed to abide by - those tasked with enforcing those rules (I am not one of those happy few) decided you were guilty of being naughty and punished you. You then complained that you were being silenced - I made an observation thank I have smelled that deja poo before, usually from fundamental Roman Catholics who seem to believe that can say what they like about others but how very dare anyone respond in kind.

Where have I mentioned that I was a Catholic. Given that most of the sexual abuse in America was directed at adult male seminarians im pretty sure their in your camp.

Where have I mentioned that I was a Catholic. Given that most of the sexual abuse in America was directed at adult male seminarians im pretty sure their in your camp.

I don't think any of us (hetero, homo or bi-sexual) are "in the camp" of sexual abusers.

Where did I say you were a Catholic? I said you reminded me of certain Catholic fundamentalists with your childish cries of 'foul' when you have consistently been the one who is attempting to defame.

And now you add a reference to paedophiles and include a thinly veiled attempt to align gay people with child abusers.

Do keep digging.

Guess that's makes me a minority. I demand my rights too.

That didn't answer my question.

That didn't answer my question.

I don't hate panti, I think she is making a farce of the gay community.

• Advertisement

I thought you said you watched the Noble Call video? How could that be considered to be making a farce of the gay community in any way?

SW wrote: »
    I thought you said you watched the Noble Call video? How could that be considered to be making a farce of the gay community in any way?

So Rory couldn't make that call. Panti was there promoting panti.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Gay people don't think so. I really don't know how many times you have to be told this.

Build a goddamn bridge and get hell over it!

You can say what you like about the ideas of other posters. But you will be carded or banned if you can't be polite about other posters.
    Given that most of the sexual abuse in America was directed at adult male seminarians im pretty sure their in your camp.
    Red-carded for that.

Next up is a ban.

So Rory couldn't make that call. Panti was there promoting panti.

Rory is Panti. Your confusion over this doesn't explain how a farce was made of the gay community. A sincere speech on homophobia was actually mocking homosexuals because it was delivered by a man in a dress? I really doubt that many, if any, homosexuals have your hang-ups about what people wear.

• Advertisement

You can say what you like about the ideas of other posters. But you will be carded or banned if you can't be polite about other posters.Red-carded for that.

Next up is a ban.

I guess this life in Ireland now that the labour party are in power.

ne0ica is taking a week off to read the forum charter, very slowly and very carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I guess this life in Ireland now that the labour party are in power.

How is... What do... Never mind.

MrP

kylith wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic that men who wear dresses are ridiculed and denounced by men who wear dresses?
    Not half as ironic as all those bishops with a think about pink.

295498.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Liberal fascism has to be the stupidest oxymoron I've seen the right wing come out with.
    "You must do whatever the hell you want, as long as it doesn't impinge on other people. Or else!"

The number of your posts as a percentage of your total and their tone, as they relate to the man, indicate otherwise.

You still haven't answered my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I wouldn't want to see any child raised by a drag queen.

I'd much rather see a child raised by a drag queen than by you. At least they'd be a lot less likely to have their brains washed into thinking that because some people are different they are somehow sub-human if they were raised by a drag queen.

I'd much rather see a child raised by a drag queen than by you.
    You're within a whisker of earning a card for that comment. Any more stroppy nonsense like that and you'll be red-carded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Oh dear - did you miss my recent appearance on RTE?

I did. That makes me a very sad panda.

Oh dear - did you miss my recent appearance on RTE? I wore a 'man's' shirt and trousers too - pity you missed it. Middle Class* Lesbian Feminist in 'drag' talking about being a parent - you would have hated it.

You do have some issues don't you dear boy - you seem to dislike anyone who dresses in drag (which technically will include pretty much every woman you will ever meet), the Middle Class and heterosexual women who advocate for equal rights for LGBT people.

*I know I am Middle Class because I went to an Art College...just like Panti...:cool:

What were ye on?

• Advertisement

Iona action against RTÉ criticised by priests’ group
    A founder-member of the Association of Catholic Priests has criticised the Iona Institute for its recent legal actions against RTÉ.

“If you claim a role in public discourse then you can’t complain about the unwritten rules,” Fr Brendan Hoban said. “It’s just part of the cut and thrust of debate. There’s no place for wilting violets.”

Writing on the ACP website, he added: “In the recent controversy about homophobia . . . Iona’s gadarene rush to the legal eagles for their pound of flesh from RTÉ was both surprising and unwise.”

What were ye on?

It was a doco. I am now a z list celeb as I have been recognised at least 6 times...usually when I really don't want to be...so I could be on with Brendan O Conner any day now talking about hair care products or wall plugs or some such...

:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

SW wrote: »

you know you've f*cked up when even priests think you've done something idiotic when it comes to not liking gays

It was a doco. I am now a z list celeb as I have been recognised at least 6 times...usually when I really don't want to be...so I could be on with Brendan O Conner any day now talking about hair care products or wall plugs or some such...

:pac:

God no. Stick with the stereotype - power tools, stuff to do your hair like a young elvis, short sleeved shirts.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

God no. Stick with the stereotype - power tools, stuff to do your hair like a young elvis, short sleeved shirts.....

Birkinstocks.

lazygal wrote: »
    Birkinstocks.

KILL THEM!!!

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!

I would be more yer doc wearing dyke. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

...and I'd be more yer power-tool wielding straight. Gotta hate them stereotypes. They annoy EVERYONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have both docs and birkinstocks. I'm feeling particularly dykey now :D

Obliq wrote: »
    ...and I'd be more yer power-tool wielding straight. Gotta hate them stereotypes. They annoy EVERYONE.

My Mother once asked me to 'check myself' at a family function. I really did try but apparently I don't do 'straight female'. I do screaming queen camp. She paid me to stop.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

My Mother once asked me to 'check myself' at a family function. I really did try but apparently I don't do 'straight female'. I do screaming queen camp. She paid me to stop.

:D

If only you'd tried being pure in heart.

Advertisement