Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't think it's fair to compare Punk to Jarrett at all. Punk is holding nobody to ransom here,

He is only refusing to go to work because he didnt like what he was supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He is only refusing to go to work because he didnt like what he was supposed to do.

Something that everyone would do if they had the chance and had enough money to survive on!

Something that everyone would do if they had the chance and had enough money to survive on!

Doesnt change the fact that it is an incredibly childish attitude. "I dont like that so I'm not coming in anymore!" Just think how many wrestlers the world over would kill to be in his position.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doesnt change the fact that it is an incredibly childish attitude. "I dont like that so I'm not coming in anymore!" Just think how many wrestlers the world over would kill to be in his position.

Surely then, with him gone, they now have a chance to step up into the position, right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'm could be in the minority here but when you're in a position where entertaining people is supposed to be your goal and you can't do that job any more because working conditions are against you, then I think it's right that you step aside and let someone who can do it enthusiastically take your place. If you've got the financial means to do so then it's definitely better to leave a job than not do it properly, staying for a paycheque in a case like that is more unprofessional.

That's even before you start to think "Could he be right?". There is all this talk of Batista being given a plump spot on the mania card after waltzing back in and being handed the rumble but what has HHH done to deserve an spot on the card? If i was any wrestler there I'd be bitter at him having an onscreen authority role for most of the year and then taking a potential active wrestler spot at the biggest event of the year, and that's before you think about how he'd likely be booked to go over Bryan or Punk or whoever gets the 'honor' of facing him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Surely then, with him gone, they now have a chance to step up into the position, right ;)

Good thing a young talent won the Rumble then......

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They need to book Vince trying to find CM Punk by going undercover in a hoody and fake tats round all of Chicago's punk clubs looking for him.

BOOK IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Palo Alto wrote: »
    They need to book Vince trying to find CM Punk by going undercover in a hoody and fake tats round all of Chicago's punk clubs looking for him.

BOOK IT.
    :D

WCW did this before with Cactus Jack. Some might remember the first time WCW used writers with 'Lost in Cleveland' segments on telly. :eek:

Another "anonymous WWE employee letter"
    "Honestly, Punk is being a little bitch. I liked him so much before his run leading to and after that Money in the Bank in Chicago. He's a guy where you have to be really in his circle for him to I guess open up, which I understand, but being put in a feud with Kane and then with HHH at Mania is not a bad thing. Now I understand he feels this is his last Mania and he wants to main event and really, with the right storyline, that match could main event, but literally after the Tribute to the Troops incident he's just been difficult. There are so many there that want his spot, that want to say, 'I need a weekend off to go to UFC.' I really and fully believe he's a little jealous of the crowd reactions to Bryan and it's getting to him—He's just been such a dick lately. That interview with Ariel, he acted like he was the victim at the Troops taping when Michelle was just joking. Little bitch AJ took it to the wrong level. Do you really think AJ would have a 'pipe bomb' interview time or longest Diva champ BS if she wasn't dating Punk? Punk really doesn't want to be the face of the company. That's BS. I hate hearing that ****. He says he does but this isn't ROH or OVW. He would bitch so much if he had to do Michael & Kelly at 9 a.m., then fly to a different state (for Raw), do a Make-A-Wish at 1 p.m. and then RAW, then do SmackDown, then do something Wednesday to fly home Thursday to be on the road Friday or Saturday. No way he could handle that for four months. He may come back as soon as Monday or he may never come back, but if never comes back he better remember how many fans he's ****ing over right now, the same way he believes the WWE is ****ing him over. And I'm not defending Vince or HHH. Especially HHH, because people are seeing that HHH taking over isn't as cool as they thought it would be. Outlaws, Nash, X-Pac, Flair, HBK, Batista—yeah must be nice to be HHH friends."

Do you really think AJ would have a 'pipe bomb' interview time or longest Diva champ BS if she wasn't dating Punk?

Yes. She is more popular than the rest of the division combined and is a very strong wrestler on top of it. She is the closest they have to a complete package for a Diva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to say I wondered was he a little jealous of Bryan, from the crowd reaction to taking over his spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I have to say I wondered was he a little jealous of Bryan, from the crowd reaction to taking over his spot.

But did they really change from hardcore Punk to hardcore Bryan fans?
    I dont think so. whem punk was on screen all you heard was "CM Punk" chants, when bryan was on screen you heard "yes" chants.
    Sure fans hijacked some matches with "yes" chants, but is that any different to "What!" chants?
    So wheres the jelousey?

But did they really change from hardcore Punk to hardcore Bryan fans?
    I dont think so. whem punk was on screen all you heard was "CM Punk" chants, when bryan was on screen you heard "yes" chants.
    Sure fans hijacked some matches with "yes" chants, but is that any different to "What!" chants?
    So wheres the jelousey?

It's not just about the chants Fandango was getting them as much as anyone at one time.

Punk just went down the order by a place after the Heyman blow off and he wasn't the flavor of the month with the internet fans either Bryan had taken that off him.

These guys are egomaniacs and Punk always came across as the biggest one to me so for him the littlest thing could make him jealous. It's not about money for someone like Punk it's about been the number one in his peers and fans eyes and since Hell In A Cell he has droped down the order to number 4 behind Cena,Orton and Bryan. Then he sees Batista come back and he drops to number 5 or 6 if HHH comes in as well.

That hurts Punk and his ego combined with been physically in bits he walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

If that was the case Punk must have been gratified by having his name chanted during the Orton-Bryan match on RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

It humours me that everyone is so quick to sh*t all over Vince and HHH saying that you have to be HHH's mate to get favours in WWE when in reality it's fairly well documented that Punk gets along with HHH very well and Vince too. Punk is like this generations HBK, amazing talent and has everything going to him and gets booked a lot better than most but whenever something doesn't go his way he loses his "smile" until he get his way. There's a reason why Punk and Kevin Nash are pretty close outside of the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If this is legit WWE can survive without him when you think about it, the casual fan won't even miss him. Why would a global corporation get behind a guy who'll walk when things don't go his way? By all accounts he's being earning very good money since 2011 and was earning decent before that also.

Maybe the fact that wrestling in general is at a low ebb and he doesn't draw buyrates or TV ratings have something to do with him not headlining a WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Didn't know Punk and Nash were close, got any background on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Don't know was this posted sorry if it was, but punk removed from app cover page. Future endeavor's statement to come shortly I say.

Don't know was this posted sorry if it was, but punk removed from app cover page. Future endeavor's statement to come shortly I say.

I don't think they will Future Endeavor him to be honest they will let the contract run down and let hm go quietly if they can't chance his mind..

Of course it's all a work :pac:
    Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If this is legit WWE can survive without him when you think about it, the casual fan won't even miss him. Why would a global corporation get behind a guy who'll walk when things don't go his way? By all accounts he's being earning very good money since 2011 and was earning decent before that also.

Maybe the fact that wrestling in general is at a low ebb and he doesn't draw buyrates or TV ratings have something to do with him not headlining a WM.

Buyrates were for the most part fine when he was champion to be fair and he did pull some very good quarters. The guy did draw money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Didn't know Punk and Nash were close, got any background on that?

There used to be a clip on YouTube of Nash talking about him but must have been taken down, basically when Nash was bought in for the Summerslam program with Punk they hit it off and got along pretty well. But Nash got annoyed with creative over not being allowed veer off script or something to that effect.

There used to be a clip on YouTube of Nash talking about him but must have been taken down, basically when Nash was bought in for the Summerslam program with Punk they hit it off and got along pretty well. But Nash got annoyed with creative over not being allowed veer off script or something to that effect.

I think Nash wasnt cleared to wrestle. Nothing to do with going off script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Is Punk not obliged to show up unless he's genuinely injured or something? Not sure what wrestlers contracts say if they decide to just not show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

While Punk is required to show, I doubt WWE will sue him while at the same time looking for him to come back. Than again IF WWE makes Punk poor, Punk has to work for the WWE to pay off his debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I would honestly think, especially after watching his DVD, he has some clause that states if he is not happy with his creative direction, he can walk.

Most contracts are a guaranteed number of dates for a guaranteed amount. If he does them all, he is pretty much free to say no thanks to any more appearances. Most wont do that as they get paid for every appearance thereafter.

Taken from twitter! People now saying he is drinking lol

BgFe3SICcAAJvs-.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Pfffft, Bud Light doesn't count as beer

I know to giving up being straight edge for bud light maybe he did get hit in the head to hard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Here comes Johnny Logic!

Advertisement