Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And then he moves on to win the title at Extreme Rules or one of the other "C" PPVs? :-/

3-4 month program of Bryan vs Punk for the title, with Bryan taking digs at Punk for his "behavior".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Honestly, I think Bryan vs HHH is the bigger match, as opposed to Bryan getting another title match.

They've teased, and followed through on, Bryan winning the title several times now. Bryan's story at this stage isn't actually winning the title. It's proving himself to HHH.

As big a moment as Bryan lifting the title might be, making Hunter tap and then getting a handshake from Hunter might actually be a bigger and better "Mania moment".

But how great a Wrestlemania moment would it be for the show to close with Bryan and the crowd YESing with Bryan having the title. WWE have to be crazy to not do it. It'll still be great if Bryan wins in a PPV or two, but they have a golden opportunity to create a real memorable moment.

Penn wrote: »
    But how great a Wrestlemania moment would it be for the show to close with Bryan and the crowd YESing with Bryan having the title. WWE have to be crazy to not do it. It'll still be great if Bryan wins in a PPV or two, but they have a golden opportunity to create a real memorable moment.

Personally feel they've already had a dozen of those chances and passed them all up. At least getting one over Hunter would be something fresh and has a genuine story between the two involved, as opposed to shoving him into the title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Personally feel they've already had a dozen of those chances and passed them all up. At least getting one over Hunter would be something fresh and has a genuine story between the two involved, as opposed to shoving him into the title match.

That's the thing though, I think Wrestlemania is just a different beast altogether. Guerrero and Benoit having both World titles at Wrestlemania XX could have happened at any PPV and still been great, but it was better simply because it happened at Wrestlemania. It was a "Wrestlemania Moment". Bryan winning at WM would be even better especially given how he's been held back from winning the title at all those PPVs last year.

We'll agree to disagree as no-one can know, and I do see merits in a Bryan/HHH match. I just think WMXXX is *the* moment to give him the title. I can't see how anything could be bigger than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Also it has a personal victory behind it. Bryan finally got to beat the a$$hole that was holding him back. Nothing like sticking it to the boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

As big a moment as Bryan lifting the title might be, making Hunter tap and then getting a handshake from Hunter might actually be a bigger and better "Mania moment".

Would make HHH look good too. Which is still the main consideration for HHH after all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We'll agree to disagree as no-one can know, and I do see merits in a Bryan/HHH match. I just think WMXXX is *the* moment to give him the title. I can't see how anything could be bigger than that.

Allow me to introduce you to HHH's Ego, the one thing bigger than THAT Wrestlemania moment.

That's the thing though, I think Wrestlemania is just a different beast altogether. Guerrero and Benoit having both World titles at Wrestlemania XX could have happened at any PPV and still been great, but it was better simply because it happened at Wrestlemania. It was a "Wrestlemania Moment". Bryan winning at WM would be even better especially given how he's been held back from winning the title at all those PPVs last year.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the merits of such a moment at Wrestlemania.

But I just think from a story point of view, the title wins have happened and gone, and why? Because Hunter has screwed him time and time again. So before, imo, Bryan goes back after the title, he needs to vanquish the brick wall standing between him and it.

For me, a bigger Mania moment would be having Bryan beat Hunter and put an end to that feud in the strongest way possible, Bryan getting the ultimate win and the respect of Hunter. Punk, meanwhile, wins the title, the fan-favorite and hard-worker winning the title. Then the night after, Bryan comes out, confronts Punk and the two (having dealt with all other obstacles) decide to go at it in "The Greatest Feud of All Time".

Punk/HHH has already been done (and weren't great). Bryan's title wins have been done. Mania Moments need to be something fresh to me, and I think Bryan/HHH and Punk/Orton/Batista works far stronger as an overall story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Punk or not, I still think Batista is winning the title. Guessing thats why he came back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

rk5zpg.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Bryan's feud with Trips shouldn't be about beating him at Mania and "earning his respect"; it should be about Bryan simply kicking the **** out of Trips at Mania, with the latter quietly sauntering to the back while Bryan enjoys his moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bryan's feud with Trips shouldn't be about beating him at Mania and "earning his respect"; it should be about Bryan simply kicking the **** out of Trips at Mania, with the latter quietly sauntering to the back while Bryan enjoys his moment.

Actually that does sound better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Beating HHH at WM is still a big deal imo.

This story has been going on for a long time now, it's the perfect place to get the closure and DB finally gets revenge on HHH.

It makes perfect sense.

Yet people are still not satisfied and want him winning the title regardless. Sure, i'd love to see that, but a clean, decisive win over HHH i'd be satisfied with that.

What if HHH wins though? The internet would explode :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What if HHH wins though? The internet would explode :P

I'm confident he'll do the right thing and put Bryan over.

There's no reason at all for HHH to go over and he knows that. He's put over a lot of guys at WM and I think he'll do it again.

There's always the doubt with his ego and stuff but surely he knows how the crowd would react if he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Definitely, H is Mr. Lose at Mania & point to that for the rest of the year. Been doing it for many years before his COO role. Plus he can claim he was the one who got Bryan over, hooray!

For the craic, I would love to see the internet explode at a pedigree/clean win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Plus he can claim he was the one who got Bryan over, hooray!

This is why HHH will do the job at WM30 I believe.

Definitely, H is Mr. Lose at Mania & point to that for the rest of the year. Been doing it for many years before his COO role. Plus he can claim he was the one who got Bryan over, hooray!

For the craic, I would love to see the internet explode at a pedigree/clean win :P

Except last year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Except last year :pac:

And the two Wrestlemanias before the Taker matches. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I rarely stay up for raw so the big question is should I and will punk actually be there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Beating HHH even by tapout wouldn't mean much in 2014. Beating Cena clean at SummerSlam was huge but that was quickly buried to be forgotten by viewers & WWE for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

GTR63 wrote: »
    Beating HHH even by tapout wouldn't mean much in 2014.

You are right of course it wouldn't mean much to fans Though in HHH head it would mean everything that only he could get Bryan really over.

Beating HHH even by tapout wouldn't mean much in 2014. Beating Cena clean at SummerSlam was huge but that was quickly buried to be forgotten by viewers & WWE for some reason.

How often has Triple H tapped out? It isnt something that happened very often. Angle, Benoit, maybe Jericho? Cena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How often has Triple H tapped out? It isnt something that happened very often. Angle, Benoit, maybe Jericho? Cena?

He tapped out plenty of times to Benoit, Cena & Lesnar did it recently too it means nothing now as he's a part timer & is not a Rock or a Lesnar name wise.
    Remember when people said "oh when Big Show hits him you'll get a payoff he did & nobody gave two shytes tbh". Bryan beating him at Mania won't be the making of Bryan for anyone, heck if Bryan beat me he'd get a pop at Mania thats how over he is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He tapped out plenty of times to Benoit, Cena & Lesnar did it recently too it means nothing now as he's a part timer & is not a Rock or a Lesnar name wise.
    Remember when people said "oh when Big Show hits him you'll get a payoff he did & nobody gave two shytes tbh". Bryan beating him at Mania won't be the making of Bryan for anyone, heck if Bryan beat me he'd get a pop at Mania thats how over he is.

Except for HHH methinks and as a result except for storyline purposes where suddenly Daniel Bryan will transition from being a B+ player to a Main Event star who the authority will no longer hold back. (wishful thinking perhaps...anyway umm something something Punk)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I rarely stay up for raw so the big question is should I and will punk actually be there?

No you shouldnt :p It's raw... 3 hours of fast food ads (if you are streaming the american) but more importanly... 3 hours of shite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will the fans riot if there is no Punk? Can we get a poll going on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I would pay a lot of money to see a triple H bryan match where if bryan wins he is in the wrestlemania main event and triple H to pin him clean. I think the audience and the internet would explode. I would love to see the reactions.

"Where were you when triple H beat Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Will the fans riot if there is no Punk? Can we get a poll going on this.

Just in case this is a real question, no. WWE haven't had a crowd control issue since I can't remember when.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Advertisement