Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So does he come out in the first segment and stop the crowd hijacking the show?

Or save him til the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So does he come out in the first segment and stop the crowd hijacking the show?

Or save him til the end?

I would prefer if he didn't come out early on. A bad news barrett segment after hitting his entrance music first thing would be hilarious. I doubt the fans will hijack the show either to be honest. I may be wrong but the usual chants aren;t going to stop the wwe going on with what ever they are doing. A bunch of grown men behaving like kids trying to upset a teacher is just going to be sad. If people do turn their backs during the orton batista segment then I will be surprised. I will enjoy it and laugh if it happens but I doubt it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If Punk comes out first, the crowd is gonna be on fire for the night, and he can still have some involvement in the main event to send everyone home happy. If they risk leaving him till the end, the crowd could easily wreck the show, this is not gonna be like any other city they have been to since he walked out and they will not be small sporadic chants either, they will turn on any bad match, segment and god help Batista.

This is of course if he is actually gonna return tonight, it is not a 100% guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm confused here. Is punk actually on the show? If he's not Raw can wait until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm confused here. Is punk actually on the show? If he's not Raw can wait until tomorrow.

It has not been confirmed by anyone that he will actually be on the show, but it is from Chicago tonight and most reckon that if he is to return it will be tonight, a few wrestlers have tweeted saying they think he will be there, but nothing official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

This is why HHH will do the job at WM30 I believe.

HHH ego alone tells you that he'll win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dark day to be a Melty fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »

Tbf that pic behind Cactus Jack at a WCW show was worse than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

You mean Meltzer on the Punk appearance? I thought the quotes that the internet sites were publishing that mentioned a "superstar high up" sounded a bit suspect. I don't know how Meltzer originally reported but the internet picks up on what he reports as he's usually credible and has a journalistic integrity about his work. That said, it looks like his source wasn't a good one and perhaps he shouldn't have reported it or he was being used. Meltzer covering something gives rumours legitimacy. Live and learn I suppose.

Totally robbed from the International Object podcast but imagine if CM Punk returned to WWE as Brian Brooks, CM Punk's brother. Who is looking for CM Punk:

IMG_4070.jpg

• Advertisement

You mean Meltzer on the Punk appearance? I thought the quotes that the internet sites were publishing that mentioned a "superstar high up" sounded a bit suspect. I don't know how Meltzer originally reported but the internet picks up on what he reports as he's usually credible and has a journalistic integrity about his work. That said, it looks like his source wasn't a good one and perhaps he shouldn't have reported it or he was being used. Meltzer covering something gives rumours legitimacy. Live and learn I suppose.

That's fair. He is at times pretty ****ty in the clarity in communications front.

Also given WWE's show long all out crowd manipulation offensive this theory has validity:
    So what in the world happened? My hunch as someone that worked inside of the business for a little while, albeit on a much smaller level than WWE, tells me that the company used Meltzer unwillingly to further their agenda. Meltzer rarely gets it wrong which means that his sources have to be trusted. I don’t think his source lied but I think the source was lied to, played, knowing that it would get back to Meltzer. The tip to me is that Meltzer’s source gave Dave the green light to go public with it. They wanted it out there. It was all a part of their master plan.

http://camelclutchblog.com/cm-punk-wwe-raw-chicago/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yup, I would definitely believe WWE leaked it on purpose. It got everyone talking and tuning in. Loads of people in the live thread saying they were staying up for the first time in ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

20 Oct 2012. Jaysus, I'd say that took some digging to find...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Totally robbed from the International Object podcast but imagine if CM Punk returned to WWE as Brian Brooks, CM Punk's brother. Who is looking for CM Punk:

320px-3x17_Janitor%27s_twin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

IMG_4070.jpg

That would be as creative as putting a Purple and Yellow mask on John Cena and calling him Juan Cena.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maddy from Twin Peaks anyone? Except in that case her cousin was already dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Maddy from Twin Peaks anyone? Except in that case her cousin was already dead..

Didn't fair too well herself, young Maddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Note not CM Punk but Phil Brooks, will appear on AMC's "Talking Dead" on 3/16 at 10pm (Eastern). The show features a panel discussing the episode of "Walking Dead"

http://www.examiner.com/article/cm-punk-s-first-appearance-since-wwe-walkout-set-for-amc-s-talking-dead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Note not CM Punk but Phil Brooks, will appear on AMC's "Talking Dead" on 3/16 at 10pm (Eastern). The show features a panel discussing the episode of "Walking Dead"

http://www.examiner.com/article/cm-punk-s-first-appearance-since-wwe-walkout-set-for-amc-s-talking-dead

Doubt it means much unless he has appeared on it as CM Punk before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

He has, and got in a huff cos WWE didnt promote it,

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doubt it means much unless he has appeared on it as CM Punk before?

He has he was one of the best guests they had. It is made by the Nerdist and he has been on the Nerdist podcast and was to be on another Nerdist show 2 weeks ago @Midnight but pulled out at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Be warned about anything Nerdist. Don't mind them but it's literally 50/50 whether you'll like their niceness or wish death on them. Very polarizing.

Be warned about anything Nerdist. Don't mind them but it's literally 50/50 whether you'll like their niceness or wish death on them. Very polarizing.

I love the guests they get and the interview/chats can be great but I really dislike Chris Hardwick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I love the guests they get and the interview/chats can be great but I really dislike Chris Hardwick.

I'm the same. There's times where they've got a great flow going and then Chris has a story about his life as a hack comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Interesting but CM Punk owns that name himself, as he had it long before he was in the WWE. Unless he signed it over to them at some point. But maybe it's because he has left wrestling altogether so he wants to leave the name behind.

Interesting but CM Punk owns that name himself, as he had it long before he was in the WWE. Unless he signed it over to them at some point. But maybe it's because he has left wrestling altogether so he wants to leave the name behind.

He may own the name but that along with himself is still under contract to the WWE and use of it without there permission would be another breach of contract. This may also not be his choice The Nerdist may well have asked him to use his real name in fear of a lawsuit from the WWE who we all know are not afraid to take anyone to court who breach there copyright. As all public and TV appereances by WWE staff must be cleared by the WWE first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

If he's still under contract it'll be very strange if they don't introduce him as 'WWE Superstar, CM Punk', that says to me it might be either;
    a) to spite Vince he's not promoting WWE because they didn't promote his last appearance on Talking Dead,
    or
    b) he could be finished with rasslin'.

fwiw I like Chris Hardwick. :pac: Took a while for Matt Mira to grow on me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA

Dunno if this one is legit or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA

Dunno if this one is legit or not...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

About as legit as EvilKagawa

Advertisement