Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA

Dunno if this one is legit or not...

Would be surprised if Punk gave up his ring name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

In fairness to Punk he's been a absolute Twitter whore over the last few years so i'd say it's not been easy for him to be so silent on it the last 6 weeks or so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

:D:D:D:D:D:D

About as legit as EvilKagawa

so your saying it's def him then, awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA

Dunno if this one is legit or not...
    Hey Hunter, don't sneeze your nose might fall off.

I think he is SLIGHTLY more intelligent than that! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ah:
    Bi5OsACIgAAYDPl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

rovert wrote: »
    Ah:
    Bi5OsACIgAAYDPl.jpg

He has that "what's the point of it all?" look about him as he sits there sitting next to two laughing ladies while he stares into space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I bet Lance Storm & William Regal get pissed if ya don't call the zombies Walkers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Phil Brooks "aka CM Punk" appeared on tonight's episode of AMC's "The Talking Dead" discussing the latest episode of "The Walking Dead."

With the exception of his Twitter handle (@CMPunk) and being referred to as "aka CM Punk" during his introduction at the open of the show, Brooks was referred to by his given name over the course of the episode.

There were absolutely no references to WWE, Wrestlemania or anything regarding his walk-out in January.

The only reference, even in passing to the last few months was Brooks commenting, "Trust me, right now, I'm a completely new person", in regard to being called "sweet" by guest Yvette Nicole Brown while discussing the topic of forgiveness involving two characters on "Walking Dead." The two had been on the talk show together previously.

If anything, Brooks was more subdued than one might expect and looked extremely, extremely well rested, a stark change from the latter days of his WWE run.

348edffbe12d0f16afe05237e60027cc.gif

Apparently he **** a brick when it was announced they were going to take calls then breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That would pretty much mean he's done with it i'd say.

Best of luck to him, he owes the fans nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently he **** a brick when it was announced they were going to take calls then breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't for him.

Nope. He was calm and collected throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

There's not too many wrestlers who have succeeded in the entertainment sphere outside of wrestling. The Rock is the biggest one. I can't really see Punk doing much of interest unless he's wrestling. Fully expect him back in WWE at some point. Prince Devitt vs CM Punk to main event Wrestlemania in 2016 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fully braced for a podcast about awful music he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Fully braced for a podcast about awful music he likes.

Ah here! H2O, Rancid and the like are actually quite good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Any chance of Punk doing a bit of a run in NJPW? I'd imagine he'd do that before he'd go back to WWE.

The guy should've either taken at least 6 months off after Mania 29 or should've left a few months earlier. I'm pretty skeptical over his ability to truly break free from it all, but he seems to be doing alright so far and I hope he can find something to settle him down some.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Do NJPW employ women?

Maybe Punk can become commissioner of Shimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Do NJPW employ women?

Maybe Punk can become commissioner of Shimmer.

Punk in a womens organization??? YES!!! I'll console AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Punk in a womens organization??? YES!!! I'll console AJ

She's mine!!!! :mad:

Ah here! H2O, Rancid and the like are actually quite good!
    I'll give ya Rancid.

Sorry for the double post.

Just watching Talking Dead and he looks like he's about to have an anxiety attack when the first audience member goes up to ask a question.

Powerslam reports from a source who "quizzed" Punk about his walkout that the reasons he left were because he was worn down by the schedule, wasn't satisfied with his performances and was in great pain with his Macho Man elbow drop causing him bother. He was also fed up with management and disheartened that he would never be pushed as the top guy over Cena. I suppose this is hardly anything that hasn't already been known.

Powerslam also wrote about how Punk was annoyed when he was told he wouldn't get a rematch with Lesnar where he won. 50/50 booking kinda sucks but he's probably right on that one.

Also:
    We're told that Punk is keenly aware that his value to WWE increases the longer he remains on the sidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know why he persisted with that elbow drop anyway. It always looked awful whenever he did it.

We're told that Punk is keenly aware that his value to WWE increases the longer he remains on the sidelines.

I think he is wrong on that one. He has not been missed at all. Bar Chicago when they played into it, the chants have been minimal. WWE called his bluff and now he is sitting at home doing nothing.

Anyone who disagrees and says he is doing my wifey is getting blocked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm probably one of the biggest Punk fans around, but by god that elbow is/was the worst move in WWE right now.

How anyone can call it a macho man elbow begs belief.

HBK and Macho both did fantastic top rope elbows. HBK did it after suffering from serious back injuries. It's all practice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think he is wrong on that one. He has not been missed at all. Bar Chicago when they played into it, the chants have been minimal. WWE called his bluff and now he is sitting at home doing nothing.

Whilst I don't think he has been missed too much, this is the road to Wrestlemania he has been missing for it will be very different in Summer when / if Taker / Brock / HHH aren't about.

Having said that CM Punk leaving may have meant that WWE will actually push new stars as there is now a position for them to fill and Cesaro / Reigns / Wyatt (they seem first in line anyway) could fill it if given a push during this time.

Think Chi-town could be like the reaction re: Bret in parts of Canada for years when WWE went there though and there could be Punk chants there and loud ones for years (assuming he were gone that long) anytime the WWE return there, which they will do considering its a great market for them

Lol, the commentary team were taking the piss out of the Punk chants while off air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Ah man, what about 10/22/34/etc months from now if they need some old guys to bring back around the Rumble? There's not many who'd rank above him at this stage on that list.

Ah man, what about 10/22/34/etc months from now if they need some old guys to bring back around the Rumble? There's not many who'd rank above him at this stage on that list.
    A CM Punk return (if he was willing) is pretty much guaranteed but what the quote refers to is Punk's stock going up as time goes by meaning that he would have a lot of stroke if/when he returns. I'd probably agree to a point that this is a bit overstated but PS didn't elaborate on it and they didn't provide direct quotes.

Punk would probably love to be able to say to Vince in a year's time "alright, I'll come back but I want to be booked in the main event of Wrestlemania, go on last and go over". Probably not going to happen ever.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know why he persisted with that elbow drop anyway. It always looked awful whenever he did it.
    There's way better and more "effective" things he could have done, never understood that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

punks stock has risen massively since leaving wwe, he knows that, wwe knows that (though there isn't anything they can do). he has been one of the most searched things on google on numerous different days since his departure (and the only time a wrestlers name gets to the top of google searches is when they die). any little scrap of information or a photo has the comments section on newsites going into overdrive.

the torch recently ran a poll and the results were not surprising (at least to me)...now just imagine he is gone for 12 months instead of 2...

wi6c0n.jpg

• Advertisement

Most of those options are pretty crap to be fair. Look at the top five alone. Punk, Sting, Austin, Styles and Zayn. The latter two would be completely unknown to the vast majority of the WWE fanbase, Austin hasnt wrestled in years and Sting isnt anywhere near the wrestler he used to be. Beating out Jericho and RVD doesnt really mean much.

Advertisement