Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Jester252 wrote: »
    Because Punk walking away was a grown up thing to do

He left a job he was unhappy with and in a position to leave. There's nothing childish about that, would that more people would do it rather than going through the motions for a big salary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Time to pour an ounce on the curb for Phil:

CM%2BPunk%25E2%2580%2599s%2BStraightedge%2BIntervention.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

In a larger picture, it probably was.

And in the process burn a few bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

"I was never one for burning bridges. I would blow the bridges up, like while I was still on them"
    -CM punk-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

D.Q wrote: »
    Don't really miss him all that much. Amazing on the mic but pretty sloppy in the ring. Fairly poor look body wise too.

His ring psychology was excellent. While he might botch the odd spot, he was quite decent at getting you invested in the story of the match. You would actually care about a Punk match, which is more than can be said for some main eventers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Amazing that he still hasn't tweeted. But I suppose he only ever setup the account because of WWE's social media drive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But did he?

By all accounts, the decision for him to leave was amicable; the fact only three people are privy to the exact details of why and how long he's on a sabbatical shows it was something kept within that group in a peaceful way. There's been no leaks, no shots taken.

By all accounts, he made a decision and Vince accepted it without a fight and they shook hands. I honestly don't see a trail of burned bridges; if anything, how it was done leaves them in a position whereby when Punk comes back, it will be be a massive story, he'll be in a position to play the top face or heel....realistically, both sides have handled it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

To be fair to the guy it's pretty reasonable to assume that he's realised he actually can't change things at pro wrestling's top table, regardless of him being on the couch or in the ring and accordingly he has walked away/thrown toys from pram (delete as applicable).

Yeah exactly, he had his moment before where he wanetd to try change things for the better and not much has since so maybe he's just tired of it and saw it as too much effort, he doesnt seem the kind to be off blowing all his money Flair style so he probably never needs to work again and can live comfortably on royalty cheques

But did he?

By all accounts, the decision for him to leave was amicable; the fact only three people are privy to the exact details of why and how long he's on a sabbatical shows it was something kept within that group in a peaceful way. There's been no leaks, no shots taken.

By all accounts, he made a decision and Vince accepted it without a fight and they shook hands. I honestly don't see a trail of burned bridges; if anything, how it was done leaves them in a position whereby when Punk comes back, it will be be a massive story, he'll be in a position to play the top face or heel....realistically, both sides have handled it very well.

HHH mightn't be happy with him, and he is taken over more and more of the running of WWE.

HHH mightn't be happy with him, and he is taken over more and more of the running of WWE.

Maybe, maybe not.

Won't hurt his ego though that he got to be injected into the biggest story of Mania as a result....

• Advertisement

Maybe, maybe not.

Won't hurt his ego though that he got to be injected into the biggest story of Mania as a result....

Well the boss mightn't be to friendly when you didn't want to work with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

Triple H HATED Warrior after his experience with him in 1996. Still bent over backwards to bring him in for the HOF and Legends deal because he felt it was business.

You really can't burn bridges in wrestling. He will be back, when he wants to.

Well the boss mightn't be to friendly when you didn't want to work with him.

I still personally believe Punk left when he realised Hunter didn't want to, or rather wasn't going to, work with him; that the plan changed to HHH vs Bryan and Punk vs Kane, so realising he wasn't needed for Mania, walked.

I know it is a discussion forum but why are we talking about CM Punk when there has been no new developments in weeks? People are just repeating things already said in thread. He will be back when he is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I still personally believe Punk left when he realised Hunter didn't want to, or rather wasn't going to, work with him; that the plan changed to HHH vs Bryan and Punk vs Kane, so realising he wasn't needed for Mania, walked.

But Punk was getting the Triple H feud until he left. Look at what was happening. All signs were pointing to Punk beating Kane at EC or something, then moving to Triple H for Wrestlemania. Exactly what Bryan was randomly thrown into after spending the past few months with and (losing) against the Wyatt's.

Punk was likely told he wasn't going on last so went home to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Maybe they told him he'd be in the battle royal!

JrdanB wrote: »
    Maybe they told him he'd be in the battle royal!

Maybe he will show up on the ROH PPV. :P

rovert wrote: »
    I know it is a discussion forum but why are we talking about CM Punk when there has been no new developments in weeks? People are just repeating things already said in thread. He will be back when he is back.

I guess we've passed another threshold as to when people thought he might be back (that is, some thought he'd be back post-Mania and doesn't seem to be yet). So a new wave of discussions/abuse starts I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Monokne wrote: »

You really can't burn bridges in wrestling. He will be back, when he wants to.

wwe are holding out hope punk returns...otherwise they would have fired his ass and we would be currently waiting for the lawsuit to begin but of course that is not the case and he is still listed on the roster and they are still selling his merch.

wwe know that a punk return would equal money, so many potential feuds and matches they could do vs bryan, vs orton, vs hhh and one final big match at mania against cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

It's in both WWE and Punk's interest to not piss each other off so that they can have each other to fall back on at some point in the next few years if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I don't think he is missed at all from tv. I dont see where he would fit in now anyway, his act had gotten boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

"Special event" Payback on June 16 is in Chicago this year. Let the rumours begin :pac:

I don't think he is missed at all from tv. I dont see where he would fit in now anyway, his act had gotten boring.

He would fit quite easily into a program with Bryan instead of the lump that is Kane. Could start feuds with any number of upper discard heels and drag them up the card. Plenty he could do given how versatile he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yeah a heel punk returning vs bryan for a 2-3 month program wouldn't be interesting at all...so glad we get bryan vs kane again instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah a heel punk returning vs bryan for a 2-3 month program wouldn't be interesting at all...so glad we get bryan vs kane again instead :(

Be some feud if done correctly. I'd love to see Punk win the Money in the Bank. Cash it in round Survivor Series. Punk is jealous of Bryan's crowd reaction, that's his motivation for the feud. Be a great feud for the Punk promos alone. The ending would of course be Bryan winning the title from Punk at Mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan at Over the Limit 2012 was brilliant. Well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan at Over the Limit 2012 was brilliant. Well worth checking out.

From what I can remember that was one of/if not thee best match's of the year!

Not much of info, but at Wrestlemania were sitting beside the camera crew for WWE and a few of us were talking about CM punk meant to be returning at mania to address Stone Cold etc etc. Some one from the camera crew told us theres no hope that he is returning anytime soon. He crossed the wrong man and there is no place seen for him at the minute with-in WWE!

Take it with a pinch of salt or not, but with Payback in Chicago this June he could build his bridges by then and return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is an unpopular opinion but I actually fully agree. He's been the MVP of WWE for a couple years but sometimes it is very valuable to go away and come back. I don't see him back until late 15 or 2016, but when he does it'll be money. If he's smart he'll look at Lesnar, Taker, Triple H etc - the guys who works once or twice a year in big matches - and try and get himself a similar gig. History has shown that when it comes to returning stars, the longer they are exposed on WWE Tv the less they mean for ratings and PPV buys so the company should be on board with the idea as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Zoom in on the posters...

Qq6mtVM.jpg

From warrior doc on network last night I think.

Certified work.

• Advertisement

Brilliant.

Advertisement