Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was wondering did Punk quit because he was told KENTA was coming and he wanted his move set back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

The next ppv is going to be a disaster unless Punk is back on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The next ppv is going to be a disaster unless Punk is back on the scene.

Really? The last few PPVs have been very good. I get that you miss Punk but to say the product has been lacking due to his absence is crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The "problem" with recent PPVs is story writing, not available talent. Punk returning wouldn't change much right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think he might mean the fact it's in Chicago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think he might mean the fact it's in Chicago.

Meltzer has stated there is a 48% chance of punk being there! I like those odds ;)

WWE professional wrestler Punk yesterday at a NHL game.
    No wrestling talk just hockey

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=614086

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

With the next PPV in Chicago on June 1, get ready for the rumours to start again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Loughc wrote: »
    Meltzer has stated there is a 48% chance of punk being there! I like those odds ;)

Imagine Dave Meltzer coming out to Cult of Personality and cutting a promo on Chicago! Nuclear heat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That PPV will be a pain in the ass to watch if Punk isn't there.

2 hours and 45 minutes of angry "CM Punk!" chanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Loughc wrote: »

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Calling it now, CM Punk WILL NOT be at PAYBACK on June 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    That PPV will be a pain in the ass to watch if Punk isn't there.

2 hours and 45 minutes of angry "CM Punk!" chanting.

Do what they did with Raw recently. Put on a great show and people will quickly forget about Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

I wish this wasn't still a story. Hopefully he doesn't come back for years.

Natalie Slater was the tatooed up girl in the CM Punk DVD documentary.

Mike Johnson wrote this on PWInsider.
    Natalie Slater, who's close friends with CM Punk and the ex-girlfriend that came up with his Straightedge heel persona that first made him a star on the independent scene, wrote an essay for Red Eye Chicago looking at her "friend" the "retired" pro wrestler and how despite making his fame and fortune, he now finds himself unable to enjoy it because every where he goes, he's the center of attention. She noted that he recently went to throw garbage out in the alley behind his home, only to find people camped out there waiting for a peek at him. Punk is never mentioned by name, but it's obviously a piece about him. It's an interesting window into some of the reasons Punk has decided to drop out of the public eye for the most part and it's worth reading at this link:http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/redeye-my-friend-is-famous-and-it-sucks-20140508,0,5530389.column .

Unfortunately (and I saw this firsthand when I worked with Hollywood actors and Broadway stars), there are always going to be fans who don't know when or where to draw the line.

Can only imagine the crazies both Punk and AJ Lee would attract separately and individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah sure if he moved outside a major city nobody would look twice at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

That's probably one of the reasons he was never made the top guy in WWE, headlining WrestleMania. He doesn't want that level of fame and you can't expect to be given the no.1 position if you can't deal with the fame and responsibilities that go with it. He is in the entertainment industry afterall.

Didnt Punk always want to be the center of attention and now he is unhappy at being the center of attention?

Aaahhh poor guy getting bothered putting out the garbage at his penthouse apartment :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So there's no middle ground? Ok lads.

If it was someone else but Jesus punk complains about everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

The guy doesn't want to bothered at his house, that's understandable. So what if it's a penthouse aparment.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

That's probably one of the reasons he was never made the top guy in WWE, headlining WrestleMania. He doesn't want that level of fame and you can't expect to be given the no.1 position if you can't deal with the fame and responsibilities that go with it. He is in the entertainment industry afterall.

I would guess it the possibility of headlining a Wrestlemania and he was willing to sacrifice his privacy for that. Once he knew there was no chance of that happening it wasn't worth it anymore and he left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah sure if he moved outside a major city nobody would look twice at him.

Gas thing is, that DVD documentary shows him going out for a jog on his own and he boasts about how he doesn't need a minder or spotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

The yanks always go overboard when it comes to celebs. Tis why the celebs like Ireland cause generally they get left alone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If Punk actually came out, talked about what happened and gave some hint as to whether he was coming back or not, people would stop being so determined to track him down and bother him. He's unintentionally creating the hype and curiousity which is currently bothering him.

Gas thing is, that DVD documentary shows him going out for a jog on his own and he boasts about how he doesn't need a minder or spotter.

He is a City fixture. He probably isn't bothered by locals. So it isn't really gas.

John Lennon could walk around New York without being bother too much so the legend goes. All it takes is one nutter.

Penn wrote: »
    If Punk actually came out, talked about what happened and gave some hint as to whether he was coming back or not, people would stop being so determined to track him down and bother him. He's unintentionally creating the hype and curiousity which is currently bothering him.

He's still under contract until next month, isnt he? He cant say much unless he wants to run the risk of pissing off WWE. Assuming he doesnt re-sign, I reckon he'll be quick enough to speak once he is a free agent.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »

He probably can't do this as he is still under contract.

Advertisement