Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Plus if money does indeed start to run short, he can always get into the region of teaching and open or work in a wrestling school and make decent dosh for a very low work load.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And he got a nice souvenir in the form of AJ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So CM Punk is DEFINITELY gone from the WWE?

I posted on Twitter earlier that he answered the second question rather than the first. There's wiggle room there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    I posted on Twitter earlier that he answered the second question rather than the first. There's wiggle room there.

I thought he answered saying "it feels good" regarding being retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you wanna read the full article here It's in today's newspaper on RedEyeChicago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

No way he's really done. He'll be back in 2016 or 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Is he just going to sit around in Chicago while AJ is off travelling with WWE five or six nights a week or is she going to "retire" too?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Afaik it was rumoured his yearly downside since 2011 was in in the region of $1.5m. Add on all the extras like t-shirt money, PPV payoffs and he should be sitting on a princely sum. Good for him he isn't fond of the drink or drugs.

He doesnt seem the Flair type to blow all his money on a lifestyle either, a few million quid in the bank spent wisely would do anyone for a lifetime. plus he'll be getting royalty cheques off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pentecost wrote: »
    Is he just going to sit around in Chicago while AJ is off travelling with WWE five or six nights a week or is she going to "retire" too?

AJ is 27. Once a Diva hits 30, WWE seem to lose interest and focus on someone else. Wouldn't be at all surprised if AJ retired in the next few years too, especially if she is treated as badly as she was when Punk originally left.

Undoubtedly but still two or three years of only seeing your wife one or two nights a week would be difficult for both of them. Especially when Punk could walk back into WWE whenever he wants.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Undoubtedly but still two or three years of only seeing your wife one or two nights a week would be difficult for both of them. Especially when Punk could walk back into WWE whenever he wants.

Easier than ever to keep in contact with some one these days. FaceTime, Skype etc.

Besides, with Punk now being retired I'm sure he could go to the same city as her a few times a week.

If it's too hard for him, I'll gladly swap places :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think you're his type.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    AJ is 27. Once a Diva hits 30, WWE seem to lose interest and focus on someone else.

Doubly so if you had a run with the belt & worked as a face and a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

She looks about 21, they'll hold onto her alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

She looks about 21, they'll hold onto her alright.
    She looks about 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Layla's going on 37, Rosa Mendes is 34 and Tamina Snuka's 36. They're not focusing on any of them really much ever (asides from Layla who seems to be just thrown into midcard roles every now and then), but they don't seem to completely dismiss the idea of keeping them beyond a certain age, even if they're completely worthless as in the case of the latter two.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I think they'd be a lot more wise to a potential discrimination lawsuit now too.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I think they'd be a lot more wise to a potential discrimination lawsuit now too.

Yeah not sure "Vince likes them young" would be a valid defence in fairness

We have heard from a lot of people asking if CM Punk and AJ Lee were married yesterday afternoon. From what I was told, they weren't at that time but they did get married either last night or early this morning. We wish them all of the best in their new marriage.

We didn't acknowledge it because we were told it was a small, private affair and they wanted privacy. I hope everyone gives it to them.

Will never last obv.

Will never last obv.

Youtube tags around text? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have heard from a lot of people asking if CM Punk and AJ Lee were married yesterday afternoon. From what I was told, they weren't at that time but they did get married either last night or early this morning. We wish them all of the best in their new marriage.

We didn't acknowledge it because we were told it was a small, private affair and they wanted privacy. I hope everyone gives it to them.

Will never last obv.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AJ Lee who recently married CM Punk is expecting her first child

Congrats to them if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is the kid Punk's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Congrats to them if true

Shotgun wedding??:p

In all seriousness though, great news for the Punk family if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the kid Punk's?

Mr.McMahonMoney_display_image.jpg?1319749246

You've just given Vince an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

the Punk family

I've just now pictured this on Family Fortunes. :pac:

Out of interest, where is that from? I dont get why AJ herself wouldnt say anything about it if it were true.

New pictures today of the two out for a jog. AJ doesn't look pregnant but Punk looks like he is about to die of exhaustion. Don't think he's coming back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Not quite sure what a pregnant person looks like since you could be pregnant and look 'normal'. Still it's not right to be speculating on this unless AJ has made it public.

Fwiw, David Bixenspan's article in the recent FSM in CM Punk is decent in a 'last word' kinda way that an article can be. We're really just into gossip from here-on in.

• Advertisement

Not quite sure what a pregnant person looks like since you could be pregnant and look 'normal'. Still it's not right to be speculating on this unless AJ has made it public.

I'd say she looks in even better shape now than when she left. Surely thats the opposite of what should happen when you have a person growing inside you?

Advertisement