Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Dont think we will ever see Punk in a wrestling ring again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Dont think we will ever see Punk in a wrestling ring again!

The review says it that's only one minor recap. Punk also mentioned he had MRSA undiagnosed for three months.

Punk is doing a second show next week. Seemingly he doesn't need the money but fair balls putting this out for free and it not being a money grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wow. Safe to say he definitely won't be back in WWE any time soon. It was only a matter of time before his side of it came out. AJ must actually be leaving very soon too as I'd say things will be pretty awkward for her after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, that's a depressing read. As a major Punk fan, it's massively disappointing to get the vibe he genuinely is done with it all, but the health things are scary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He sounds very bitter but then again fair play to him for getting himself healthy.

Also ryback rulez !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I was always a big Punk fan, thought he was a bit of a sausage after the way things went from January on but knew there was a lot more to be told down the line.

If the above is true, then fair play to him for jacking it in.

Bridges burned is an understatement here though. He's gone for good.

If the above is true, then fair play to him for jacking it in.

Don't view this in complete isolation. Remember Alberto Del Rio happened only a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

rovert wrote: »
    Don't view this isolation. Remember Alberto Del Rio happened only a few months ago.

Yeah it's two relatively big stars gone this year, both with a lot more to give for WWE if they just looked after them right.

A shame really. That's all that can be said about it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Wow, surprised this hasn't caused an explosion in the iwc. Fair play to Punk, you have to look after your physical and mental health at the end of the day.

Surprised at the go he had at Ryback. I thought I read somewhere they were friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think the big line there is that he never got his mania moment, in years too come when his body is rested and WWE come crawling I can see him turning up too get his main event mania spot!
    Look at Shawn and Bret
    Look at Sting
    Look at Bruno Samartino
    Time is a great healer!

• Advertisement

Surprised at the go he had at Ryback. I thought I read somewhere they were friends.

Punk: "You either tell me you're dumb as **** or that you keep hurting me on purpose."

Ryback: "I'm dumb as ****"

OYR9yCH.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do people still think this is all a work? :pac:

A sad end to an otherwise stellar career. Hopefully years from now Punk will look back and not see it as a failure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, surprised this hasn't caused an explosion in the iwc.

The cynical side in me would wonder if that very vocal side of the IWC who continually thrashed Punk as a crybaby might take a step back, read/listen to his side of the story and realise that he actually wasn't as big an ass about it as they said, and are now going to go a bit quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Let's all remember CM Punk for what he achieved during his time in the WWE, and if he does decide to come back a few years down the line, i for one will be glad to see him back doing what he does best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well, that's illuminating.

He looked bad but I'm stunned at how sick he really was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rovert wrote: »

Not showing up in my phone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

****ing hell, theres a lot of worrying stuff coming out of that. Especially regarding sheer medical neglegance with WWE's Doc.

Also he has a no compete clause with UFC as does Del Rio.

Respect Punk for coming out and clearing it up. Wish him all the success in the world and I hope he's happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Scratch that, just appeared. Id imagine this will be Colts biggest ever download number.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm sorry but he just seems like a difficult person to be around and to work with. I'm happy he feels happier with himself and is healthy, but it just seems like a child wanting everything done his way and throwing tantrums when that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A child isn't made go to work after surgery, or with a cyst in its back...

Remember this is next Monday:

B3K6ibGCcAA7Rvr.png

bret-screwed-bret.jpg
    Punk screwed Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have said it before but he will be back in the future doing the very thing he was supposedly against, coming in part time for a big pay day.

Injuries and treatment are shocking but could have easily put his foot down following surgery but was afraid of losing his spot.

Also think he's being harsh on himself saying he was a failure. Maybe in relation to where he thought he should be it could be considered one but he was the biggest thing in wrestling for a month, that's not to be sneezed at for a guy like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is the episode uploaded anywhere in MP3? Colt's site is dead and I don't have itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Ageyev wrote: »
    Is the episode uploaded anywhere in MP3? Colt's site is dead and I don't have itunes.

Stitcher has it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It is available to listen to through You Tube. Rovert posted the video earlier in the thread. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Finally caught up with it. The jibe about dirtsheets was absurd since the basic points he talks at length about had been reported months ago ie. Mania main event, injuries, PPV/network pay, royalties etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The burial of the doctor is one of the great wrestling thrashings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ageyev wrote: »

I too would be interested in an MP3 version. Stitcher won't let me download it to stream as I want (hate that app anyhow).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I always thought himself and ryback were good pals. Just goes to show how green in the ring he was during his first push.

Advertisement