Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ageyev wrote: »
    RYpknqg.gif

The podcast with Colt is all over the place. Washington Post has picked up the story on their website blog.

I'd be curious to see if this has increased interest in the network, if people are going back and watching these matches where he gets injured, craps himself etc.

WWE released this statement to Yahoo:

I'd imagine most people would just look up the clips in question in Youtube, or they get posted in GIF format, like in the one above. Someone will probably even post the podcast with the clips added in as Punk talks about them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

maybe it's all a big work, building towards Punk/Ryback at the main event of Mania.

giphy.gif

Lord TSC wrote: »
    maybe it's all a big work, building towards Punk/Ryback at the main event of Mania.

giphy.gif

Well, if Punk ever comes back they could use the antipathy as a story but they were doing that even before he left in the 'pipebomb' stuff.

Would Punk ever come back? First you think no, but then we probably never thought we'd see Bret in a WWE ring ever again after the MSJ and his brother dying in a botched ring entrance, but that happened. Time, and cash rich offers are both great healers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When Miz was in the main event of Mania it should have been Punk and his SES gimmick. Compounded by Punk facing Orton in a nothing match after Nexus was ruined while Taker and Triple H got a No Holds Barred Match when neither were around for the next PPV.

Next two manias are not worth arguing over, it was Rock v Cena!

He is right about people repeatedly losing to part timers. It makes no sense long term and Batista winning the Rumble is the best example of it.

Overall its a scary story when he talks about his health.

Not in the slight bit surprised to hear him complain about Ryback, he is obviously reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,081 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM_7 wrote: »
    When Miz was in the main event of Mania it should have been Punk and his SES gimmick. Compounded by Punk facing Orton in a nothing match after Nexus was ruined while Taker and Triple H got a No Holds Barred Match when neither were around for the next PPV.

Next two manias are not worth arguing over, it was Rock v Cena!

He is right about people repeatedly losing to part timers. It makes no sense long term and Batista winning the Rumble is the best example of it.

Overall its a scary story when he talks about his health.

Not in the slight bit surprised to hear him complain about Ryback, he is obviously reckless.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Listening to the podcast, you get the feeling with guys still so desperate to impress and prove their "loyalty" with this type of atmosphere, we probably will get another Eddie or Benoit sooner rather than later.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I thought the "make Wrestlemania a three-way with me, Cena and Rock" bit was a bit desperate. Three-ways are rarely ever good and I couldn't see this one as having been any better just for the sake of him wrestling in the last match on the show so it was good that he got the Undertaker match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fairly gas that on other forums and places like Wreddit people are picking sides in a turning their backs on sense with Triple, Ryback and (for the below) Jericho.

Like I said before on here a number of months ago Triple H is making a concerted effort to market himself to towards the "IWC" and that all the "I read reddit" and watch Indie tapes was cynical bull**** and PR. It is amazing that people bought it elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/538423685984833537

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Punk likely to be tried for libel giving the bashing he gave the docs in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Deadlie wrote: »
    Punk likely to be tried for libel giving the bashing he gave the docs in the interview?

I'm sure he got the all clear from his lawyer on what he could and couldn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deadlie wrote: »

That would open the whole of the WWE's medical care for wrestlers.

Maybe that is what he is hoping for.

There is now way on earth the WWE will want to have there medical care of wrestlers questioned in a court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    Fairly gas that on other forums and places like Wreddit people are picking sides in a turning their backs on sense with Triple, Ryback and (for the below) Jericho.

Like I said before on here a number of months ago Triple H is making a concerted effort to market himself to towards the "IWC" and that all the "I read reddit" and watch Indie tapes was cynical bull**** and PR. It is amazing that people bought it elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/538423685984833537
    Tried to have a look at reddit earlier. It's wall-to-wall CM Punk threads! Every little detail of the interview has a thread with a million comments.

Find it hard to understand how someone could believe before yesterday that Triple H was a "fan's fan wrestler" or a "smark's wrestler" or whatever you want to call it. He brought in Kevin poxy Nash to help dump on Punk's momentum in 2011 like.

I remembered this story from Bob Holly's book. I passed in the information on to David Bixenspan too. Here's Bix's write up in the Figure 4 Weekly:
    In his book, The Hardcore Truth, Holly wrote about what happened to him the day Eddie Guerrero died. He had found a bump on his underarm that wouldn't go away. "By the time I got to Minneapolis, I felt like I had the flu. Dr. Rios checked me out backstage and said I had a staph infection and it had spread to the forearm. He told Johnny Laurinaitis that I was really sick and needed to go to the hospital to get it taken care of. Johnny said that I was needed on the overseas tour, so the hospital would have to wait. I'm not one to complain but even I said to Johnny, 'I'm as sick as hell, man.' Johnny insisted I go overseas. I thought it was just another case of working hurt—you work through it and it goes away eventually. If I'd refused to go, they would have probably fired me. Maybe that's how Eddie had felt."

Holly even wrote that "Because they'd gone against Dr. Rios's orders, the company was very liable and they knew that they had set themselves up for a huge lawsuit. I could tell because they were kissing my ass the whole time I was off, telling me not to worry about anything and that they'd get me anything I needed." By the way, you know how Laurinaitis said Holly was needed on the tour? He was in a battle royal every night.

It's not surprising that the travelling WWE doctor's orders don't necessarily supercede what the wrestling end of the company wants, but you would think that sort of thing would usually involve musculoskeletal injuries. To be so reckless with staph, something so highly contagious in that environment and potentially fatal, is still fairly shocking.

Again not to beat a dead horse I am not shocked about the CM Punk thing for reasons such as this. This stuff ain't new and WWE haven't really changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

shinzon wrote: »
    I agree crappy thing to happen but no one knew so how was WWE supposed to

Shin

Well, when I made that post earlier on, I actually had forgotten the detail of his phone call with Triple H. It was a lot to take in over the almost 2 hours of the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Lord TSC wrote: »

giphy.gif

I'm hoping the payoff is better than the vince/Bret work and that it doesn't take 13 years to finish the angle. Punk is really creative with building feuds. Fair play to all concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Are the bookies giving odds on Punk stepping into a WWE ring again? Because if they are I'd consider mortgaging my house.

As reported by Figure Four Daily today (which is free), the most pissed off person in WWE about the Punk interview is Triple H. Quote: "Triple H is out for Punk's head."

Vince is unhappy about it, but not steaming like you might expect.

hh_tripleh_011312.jpg

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/538464657602658304

Well Vince has been around the block enough times to know that it probably isn't worth going too crazy over. Think of the worse situations he has been in with the Harts and the FBI.

rovert wrote: »
    "Triple H is out for Punk's head."

Probably exactly the reaction Punk wants.

I find the "staph infection that should've killed him" line a bit tabloidy to say the least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God, it's such a shame HHH wrote himself off TV and thus we don't get a 20 minute rant on people who are quitters and ungrateful, scattered with pot shots at the IWC...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I think the authority angle is far from over, so I don't think Trips has been written out of TV.

I wonder where AJ Lee stands in all of this? She has a job with a company whose public enemy no. 1 is her husband, pretty much. I think it puts her in a precarious position. It would of course be the most classless thing in the world to go after Punk's wife, but they could still do it passive-aggressive, like basically phasing her out, gradually, over a year or so, beginning some time after the new year. With Triple H reportedly fuming, the question is would they ever go that low?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

briany wrote: »
    I wonder where AJ Lee stands in all of this? She has a job with a company whose public enemy no. 1 is her husband, pretty much. I think it puts her in a precarious position. It would of course be the most classless thing in the world to go after Punk's wife, but they could still do it passive-aggressive, like basically phasing her out, gradually, over a year or so, beginning some time after the new year. With Triple H reportedly fuming, the question is would they ever go that low?
    There's a rumour that she's leaving anyway on her own accord.

If anything WWE may have went the other direction in terms of a reprisal. WWE edited out some (pre-Punk interview) comments Nikki Bella made in a promo Tuesday night at the Smackdown tapings.

There was no reference to CM Punk or anything. But watching the interview unedited interview on Friday during the TV airing would have lead fans to believe it was a shot at CM Punk's interview.

On a non-CM Punk level the heel Nikki Bella made a too strong and convincing of a case that babyface AJ Lee was a whiner while Nikki was fearless. Fans at the TV taping said "Nikki Bella cut a babyface interview".

https://twitter.com/ShakeThemRopes/status/538555848596148224

Nikki and Cena seemingly have blurred the lines in their Tweets where it is now this weird post-CM Punk interview worked shoot thing.

https://twitter.com/BellaTwins/status/538543799069196288

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/538544073339338752

How they edited it was kind of laughable. Jump cuts in mid sentence and standing in one place & then suddenly in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

So basically Nikki made a great promo that seemed face, when it should've been heel, so they edited to seem heel? Jokeshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would love to see the unedited version.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    So basically Nikki made a great promo that seemed face, when it should've been heel, so they edited to seem heel? Jokeshop.

Yep. But then the CM Punk interview dropped in the interim so the promo has reached mythical status. :P

So are all of the reports on this just coming from eyewitnesses or is there a version online somewhere?

So are all of the reports on this just coming from eyewitnesses or is there a version online somewhere?

Eyewitness reports.

What aired on TV:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So Brie is over the fact Nikki cost her match with Steph and the fact she was made to be her servant for a month. I dont now why i care so much ha

Advertisement