Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yet he slagged off Jericho for making money off the punk issue. He said he just wanted to give his friend a safe platform to vent. But he still wants to get the check. Hypocrite.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

His show has always had 10 minutes of plugs at the start and a few minutes at the end. There is no interruptions once it starts unlike the PodcatOne guys who have 10-20 minutes plugs at the start followed by 2-3 "commercial interruptions"

I do not see what the issue is anyway as you can skip it all in a matter of moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rovert wrote: »
    What?

?

?

An inaccurate recollection of last weeks podcast and reasoning that makes little sense.

And what gimmick said.

Anyways a recap of this week's podcast:
    http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Former-WWE-star-C.M.-Punk-returns-to-Art-of-Wrestling-podcast-says-Vince-McMahon-should-be-a-man-and-call-him-if-he-s-truly-sorry-for-the-wedding-day-firing-40003

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gimmick wrote: »
    His show has always had 10 minutes of plugs at the start and a few minutes at the end. There is no interruptions once it starts unlike the PodcatOne guys who have 10-20 minutes plugs at the start followed by 2-3 "commercial interruptions"

I do not see what the issue is anyway as you can skip it all in a matter of moments.

oh i know, im not saying anything bad about colt personally - he actually does it in the best way, the jericho one is headwrecking as he plugs every six seconds. But it's just me randomly venting :pac:

10 minutes is too much! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

oh i know, im not saying anything bad about colt personally - he actually does it in the best way, the jericho one is headwrecking as he plugs every six seconds.

I hate the way Jericho says "click the link at the top of the pagé"

bradlente wrote: »
    From after Summerslam to Survivor Series was a complete shambles in '11 in terms of where they put Punk.Money in the bank was fantastic and to a lesser extent Summerslam but that angle afterwards was a farce.

I thought it was cr*p from the minute he came back the week after MITB, it was far too early

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

D-FENS wrote: »
    I hate the way Jericho says "click the link at the top of the pagé

I like it, but only because I ssschwaazz to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Colt gets such unfair criticism from all corners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

briany wrote: »
    I like it, but only because I ssschwaazz to.

I listen to it in Me Undies. They've got that wicking thing. Plus ya know Hibidee Dibidee, Hibidee Dibidee.

I'll just get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Well, that was boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Colt gets such unfair criticism from all corners

I like Colt, but I felt during this he was a bit patronising and dismissive of some of the general email topics. As if some of the questions were too stupid to ask. Im sure plenty were stupid, but no need to be a dick about it.

gimmick wrote: »
    I like Colt, but I felt during this he was a bit patronising and dismissive of some of the general email topics. As if some of the questions were too stupid to ask. Im sure plenty were stupid, but no need to be a dick about it.

Diabhal Beag will vouch for this if he is still a member of site. But the thread for asking questions on the Wrestling Observer forum which Cabana was going to be reading was every reason to be a dick about it in all honesty. Everyone wants to be a wise ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Well, that was boring.

Curiously boring sure but it looks like he won't be spending years of his life being bitter and holding a grudge. Not a bad thing.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Curiously boring sure but it looks like he won't be spending years of his life being bitter and holding a grudge. Not a bad thing.

Auld Cornette makes a decent living living ranting about Vince Russo and Jim Herd to be fair:
    jim-cornette-620x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Well, that was boring.
    The story of him wanting TLC 2013 off, and then the 3-on-1 match with The Shield was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

So I was just sending out a rake of emails for work with a link to a specific page for School Teachers and Parents...
    and had been copying and pasting the link and firing them off right away to get through them all quickly...
    Midway through I sent my girlfriend a link to the Cabana / Punk podcast on youtube and forgot to re-copy my original link. So.. eh.. I just emailed The Art of Wrestling Episode 227 to a load of presumably confused parents and teachers.

I hope they find it informative....

I'm an idiot

So I was just sending out a rake of emails for work with a link to a specific page for School Teachers and Parents...
    and had been copying and pasting the link and firing them off right away to get through them all quickly...
    Midway through I sent my girlfriend a link to the Cabana / Punk podcast on youtube and forgot to re-copy my original link. So.. eh.. I just emailed The Art of Wrestling Episode 227 to a load of presumably confused parents and teachers.

I hope they find it informative....

I'm an idiot

Likely too late but Recall This Message is a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

rovert wrote: »
    Likely too late but Recall This Message is a godsend.

yet another feature I'm sure yahoo doesn't have. Ah well.. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I listen to it in Me Undies. They've got that wicking thing. Plus ya know Hibidee Dibidee, Hibidee Dibidee.

I'll just get my coat...

Can you get mine too, I'm a little lost :confused:

D-FENS wrote: »
    Can you get mine too, I'm a little lost :confused:

* Playing Cowbell* Chris Jerichooo has a lot of little routines and catch-phraaawzes on his show-hooo that some peo-PLE find annooooyyying, such as the ones gerrybbadd pointed ouuuut, yeah!

But the CC podcast wasn't quite the follow up I was expecting. They were mainly shooting the sh*t for the most part. I was hoping that Cabana would read Punk questions that would shed more light on points raised from last week. Instead they kind of touched on subjects a couple of times, got distracted etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Bit disappointed that they didn't answer many questions. Christ the determination and devotion of wrestling fans is mad, 10000 emails to Colt's email and to his Facebook as well.

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Bit disappointed that they didn't answer many questions. Christ the determination and devotion of wrestling fans is mad, 10000 emails to Colt's email and to his Facebook as well.

OR

https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/540579333078016001

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/04/dana-white-id-love-to-talk-to-cm-punk-about-fighting-in-ufc/

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭colmufc

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I listened to the second podcast but i felt they were rambling on a bit at times. But i suppose it was a cool down show.

With Punk doing comics now, it gave me a thought of him writing his own series. A Sherlock Holmes-ie story with Detective Phil Brooks and his assistant Dr Cabana.

J. Marston wrote: »

It's gonna be hard for Ryback to forget about this episode if the "Dumb as f***" thing sticks around and becomes a regular chant of something.

It's a straight case of who you believe between Punk and Ryback. Chances are that exchange was not quoted by CM Punk verbatim, even if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ageyev wrote: »

Only curious thing was he hadn't seen Jurassic Park until recently.
    Btw would Harley Race have moaned so much about missing weddings, etc.
    It sucks but its part of the life of a wrestler I imagine the schedule was worse in Flair or Race's day too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

It's gonna be hard for Ryback to forget about this episode if the "Dumb as f***" thing sticks around and becomes a regular chant of something.

It's a straight case of who you believe between Punk and Ryback. Chances are that exchange was not quoted by CM Punk verbatim, even if it happened.

He's portrayed as a bit dumb and slow on WWE's TV but I was surprised at how good of a talker he is. He must just be a useless talker in front of a camera or in front of a large crowd.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I imagine the schedule was worse in Flair or Race's day too.....

I think that's a part of why cocaine was big in Flair's heyday. Plus just generally the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think that's a part of why cocaine was big in Flair's heyday. Plus just generally the 80s.

Thinking of That Guy in Futurama earlier.
    "Are you a sheep or a shark?"
    "Anyone who's a sheep is fired!"
    :D

Advertisement