Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

ERG89 wrote: »
    Only curious thing was he hadn't seen Jurassic Park until recently.
    Btw would Harley Race have moaned so much about missing weddings, etc.
    It sucks but its part of the life of a wrestler I imagine the schedule was worse in Flair or Race's day too.....

I think the point he made about 'What would Harley Race do?' was that it doesn't matter or it ceased to matter to Punk and he put his health above all.

Anyway, Race wrestled for a few years too many towards the end of his career which impacted negatively on his health. He also warned wrestlers against doing the diving headbutt afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

briany wrote: »
    It's gonna be hard for Ryback to forget about this episode if the "Dumb as f***" thing sticks around and becomes a regular chant of something.

It's a straight case of who you believe between Punk and Ryback. Chances are that exchange was not quoted by CM Punk verbatim, even if it happened.

Chicago is the only place I can imagine that happening and even that's very unlikely, in my opinion.

What Ryback said is true; it'll make news for a few weeks and then everyone will move on.

Even the other night on Raw, it sounded like only around a dozen people were actually chanting "CM Punk" when AJ came out. Admittedly it was in Tulsa and the crowd were crap but it was still off the back of Punk's huge interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Only two things I was curious about was more info regarding NoC 2011 and the Nash stuff (both of which he implied he had stuff to say about when referring to his notes in this episode) and his elbow drop, which looked really reckless and I always assumed played a part in how badly beaten up he was in 2013.

Did he say he got €5k for 4 dates in Mexico in 2013? That sounds like an incredibly poor figure for someone on Punk's level but maybe I've severely overestimated how much these guys get.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's gonna be hard for Ryback to forget about this episode if the "Dumb as f***" thing sticks around and becomes a regular chant of something.

It's a straight case of who you believe between Punk and Ryback. Chances are that exchange was not quoted by CM Punk verbatim, even if it happened.
    Whatever the truth, Ryback does come across well in that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There is no need for him to worry though. He holds all the cards here as if Punk wants to come back to wrestle in any meaningful way it will be for him. And he has done the worst he can to try hurt the company. I think if there is a time when he comes back it will be fully on their terms and quite the humbling experience for him.

Also trying to claim Big E has seen anything in that pic is clutching at straws.
    That is what I was saying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did he say he got €5k for 4 dates in Mexico in 2013? That sounds like an incredibly poor figure for someone on Punk's level but maybe I've severely overestimated how much these guys get.

He got paid $9k for Mexico paid in two parts $5k & $4k. Still quite low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

* Playing Cowbell* Chris Jerichooo has a lot of little routines and catch-phraaawzes on his show-hooo that some peo-PLE find annooooyyying, such as the ones gerrybbadd pointed ouuuut, yeah!

But the CC podcast wasn't quite the follow up I was expecting. They were mainly shooting the sh*t for the most part. I was hoping that Cabana would read Punk questions that would shed more light on points raised from last week. Instead they kind of touched on subjects a couple of times, got distracted etc.

Oh...well thankfully I missed those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

J. Marston wrote: »

Who is the clown that jumps into the conversation and calls Punk a sissy for complaining about Ryback hurting him, he didn't sound like he could handle a paper-cut himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This week's podcast with Colt and Punk is not worth listening. They asked for questions to be sent in, and Punk would answer them.

I think they answered 2 questions, and spent the rest of the time talking shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

Chicago is the only place I can imagine that happening and even that's very unlikely, in my opinion.

What Ryback said is true; it'll make news for a few weeks and then everyone will move on.

Even the other night on Raw, it sounded like only around a dozen people were actually chanting "CM Punk" when AJ came out. Admittedly it was in Tulsa and the crowd were crap but it was still off the back of Punk's huge interview.

Well WWE, being a PG product, would do most everything they could to suppress a "Dumb as f*ck" chant, most definitely. I'm sure Ryback would like to move on from CM Punk's comments ASAP because CM Punk's comments have still generated bad publicity for Ryback, and maybe WWE being as cagey as they are will hold off on pushing him further now that this idea is out that he's dangerous to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback rulez !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ryback comes across as very good there. Defending himself without talking crap about Punk and acknowledging that walking away wasn't a cowardly thing to do (as some people, and myself, were saying before we heard his interview).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I think he's a very good speaker which may not come across as well in the ring/on the mic. He's done some great backstage interviews, particular is first one after returning recently.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I think he's a very good speaker which may not come across as well in the ring/on the mic. He's done some great backstage interviews, particular is first one after returning recently.

He was bad before, he has come on a lot though.

Wouldn't be using that interview as proof of that though, we are all good at portraying ourselves. I did also like his interview about why he turned heel and why he is back face though.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Rybaxel for life!

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Rybaxel for life!

Haha Ive always loved Axel!!!

The second podcast has been clicked on 234,000 times and the Youtube video of the first one has just over one million views.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ryback comes across as very good there. Defending himself without talking crap about Punk and acknowledging that walking away wasn't a cowardly thing to do (as some people, and myself, were saying before we heard his interview).

Getting into a war of words would hold nothing good for Ryback anyway. Also, he's had time to get a diplomatic response together. His tweets closer to the time were much snarkier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ageyev wrote: »
    The second podcast has been clicked on 234,000 times and the Youtube video of the first one has just over one million views.

Jim Ross said his (****e & dull :P) Sting interview did 1.4 million downloads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hundreds of Z pack suggestions in the replies
    https://twitter.com/WWEDocAmann/status/541062033983414275

• Advertisement

Crank the CM Punk MMA rumour mill, Dana White talking about talking with Punk:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/dana-white-to-discuss-ufc-fight-with-cm-punk-says-ex-wwe-star-will-be-at-ufc-181
    "He left the WWE for whatever reason, he's a huge fan of the UFC, he's been training for a few years now, and he's interested in fighting. I'm interested in talking to him. CM Punk is coming to the show this weekend, and we're going to talk. You never know (if he can fight) until you get in there. I didn't know if Brock could fight. I thought Brock was crazy for coming over here. But, the difference with Brock Lesnar is Brock was a world-class wrestler. I don't know. We'll see. He's not a guy that we would do what we did with Brock; we threw Brock right to the wolves. Brock started fighting all the top heavyweights in the world because of his wrestling background. CM Punk, we would bring him in just like any regular fighter, and he would fight a guy with a similar record to his, which is 0-0."

Idk if this has been posted before but it's a video showing Punk rolling around with Rener Gracie:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

CM Punk signs with UFC debut expected 2015 just announced on UFC 181

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/541435131450257408

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just announced live that he's signed and entering UFC at either middleweight or welterweight!

Be very interesting to see how this goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Video footage of Vince upon learning of this news would be a goldmine for future vines/memes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Time for Dana to bring back Del Rio to MMA to take one last worked beating IMO. Mask and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I hope he fights Ryack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

He complains about getting hurt badly in a wrestling ring then goes and joins UFC?

I really can't see this ending well if he gets pushed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He's no Lesnar!

Interesting to see how this works out. I can't see Punk being too tough, as in, able to take a beating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

He complains about getting hurt badly in a wrestling ring then goes and joins UFC?

Seeing a lot of this kind of stuff online now.

The difference is with wrestling you'll go six or seven days a week. You'll wrestle while you're hurt, tired, sick and annoyed.

In the UFC you fight less than ten nights a year. If you get hurt, you have rehab time. If you get sick, you have time to get better.

Punk is 100% right to join the UFC. He was a huge star in Pro-Wrestling. He's been training under the Gracies and has plenty of friends in the UFC who I'm sure would be more than glad to train with him.

Personally I think he could do very well put of this. I mean that's a hell of a CV!
    WWE Champion, UFC Fighter, Comic Book Writer.

Advertisement